Skunk2 sport shocks/ QA1 sprigs - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Skunk2 sport shocks/ QA1 sprigs

hello
I install Skunk2 shocks on my ej1
skunk2 6k(336lbs) springs in front and QA1 250lbs in the rear.
Total cost was $400 give or take a few dollars. Its all I could afford as a paid 4.5K to the government and $100 fix it ticket $260 police to release my car $340 for the dumb impound. I bought my gf an engagement ring. So I was limited in cash.

I went with skunk2 because its short shock bodies. I install these like the progress c2. My springs are preloaded. I didn't want a gap between the top hat and coil springs which is why I went with this shocks the tokico blues, kyb and koni orange I wouldn't be able to do that. I went with softer springs because its a DD and I don't want to max the shocks with the 8k front and 6k rear. My fronts are lower to 1 finger gap and the rears are 2 finger.

The ride is very comfortable and I like it. Im satisfied 100%. And for the price can't complain. I went with this set up because I already had the sleeves and springs. I wanted to go softer so a bought QA1 250lbs springs for the rear and move my Skunk2 6K(336lbs) to the front. Usually this set up cost over $500 and just bellow $600. If were to spend that much I would not go with this set up as their are better product for not much more. I worked with what I had so I wound not spend much.

The ride is nice and firm and not bumpy or bouncy the shocks can handle the spring rates I have. Just drove it for a bit I will drive it on a street which is on my way to work. The street in not flat at all it's uneven so I let you all know how it handles that street.

Last edited by huertad16turbo; 09-20-2014 at 05:32 PM.
huertad16turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Drove to my work street. The suspension handled pretty well. Their are two speed bump on the street, I would usually bottom out on the speed bumps as well as on the street. The street is so uneven that I would bottom out before just driving 25 to 35 mph and I was not lowered much before it was 3 to 4 finger gap before.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Here are some pictures of the rear shocks with the QA1 250lbs springs. The tophats are not oem as you can see. Idk the brand or where they are from. The car came with the Tophats already been driving on them since 2011.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140919_201921.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	604.1 KB
ID:	72841   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140919_201929.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	499.8 KB
ID:	72849  

Old 09-21-2014, 03:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by huertad16turbo View Post
1 finger gap and the rears are 2 finger. and I like it. Im satisfied 100%.
My wife is the exact opposite 2 in the front and one in the back
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in