EG benen front tow hook did anyone use to actually tow????? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post EG benen front tow hook did anyone use to actually tow?????

Okay I bought and ordered myself a set of Benen Tow Hooks for my EG front and back.
I did buy it due to i have always ended up towing my car due to running it very hard or it just not drivable. Hopely it will not happen anymore.
I also bought it because tow hook looks awsome.
I seen some at the race track even some fast cars use them. but i havn't seen anyone towing or using it so far.
I also ended up damaging my front tow hook oem passenger side due to running over a curb. The dang curb damaged the tow hook and slightly under the radiator support. I am not planning on replacing i tried banging it back but the mounting bolts are slightly caved in so i was thinking on buying oem but it wont seem to be worth it.

I cant wait to get them.
My question is did anyone installed a EG benen tow hook and actually pull their vehicle with it with that so called TOW HOOK accessory???

please let me know if anyone did ever use to tow their EGs with the front BENEN tow hooks.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-VXEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Shits just for looks to me. But it also does work to pull your car when it breaks down on the track. Not on the road 50miles from home lol. But if you want to pull or get pulled for a short trip to the house, it should work.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I used two pieces of angle iron to make a c channel and welded it to the front of the core support...drilled a hole top and bottom and bolted in a connecting rod...they towed me off the track with it no problem

Connecting rod tow hook over bennen

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 DontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

^ i like your style. I used my rear ine once it worked but scrapped the hell out of it gave it "character" or a reminder that i shouldnt get stuck again lol
DontGrabMeThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 09:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

did anyone else ever used a front tow hook to tow it with?
i was thinking about using two bolts instead of only 1 bolt to mount it there. The frame has only 1 hole already drilled.

D-VXEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

ya i used a front tow hook on my 96 civic and had my bumper ripped off, its for looks if its attached anywhere to the crash bumper like most people install them. i want one of those tow straps that hang out of the front bumper

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Aluminum? No.

People who need to get towed use straps tied off to the stock tow hooks. They are safer and much more versatile.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Just my 02

If you want tow hooks, then do it right. These are SCCA Approved

PCI SCCA Spec Racing Tow Hooks
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 slow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

My blox traction bar has tow hook things built on. I've never had to use them yet but seeing some of you have pulled a car by a jdm tow hook I feel alot better about it lol those things are so flimsy but actually make a convenient cup holder when working on a car.

On a budget I think the tow straps suggested above would be best.

Quote:
Why would you wanna put pisswater in a new tranny?
[email protected] 1.9 60ft 1750lbs sedan y7/z6 notec head
stock block y7 265k and counting

[email protected] 1.8 60ft 1655lbs sedan y7/z6 head
vtec locked bisi stage 3 same ol block

Rip Pat Primmer.
slow4doorek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in