Steering Quickener? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default Steering Quickener?

Anyone Use one of these on the street with a Manual Rack?

2:1 Steering Quickener IMCA Dirt Modified Stock Car

Blk 2 1 Steering Quickener IMCA Dirt Modified Stock Car | eBay

Thanks
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

C'mon...
Old 08-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abide

i went with the quaife quick rack instead. Thinking this with power steering might have been the way to go.
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

GSRs/Del Sol Vtecs/ 96/97 Del Sol Si's all had a slightly faster rack (16:1 vs 17.5:1 iirc)

you could swap one of those in
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

The guy here (work) I sold my old S-10 to turned it into a race truck for short track, it was manual steering 4cyl and he put a V8 and kept the manual gear but he hated the ratio... 6 full turns for lock to lock. He did install one of these and it made a huge improvement and not much added effort but it is still 3 turns lock to lock like most cars are stock now, steering difficulty is a little above normal sitting still but once moving it feels great. I just don't know if I would go 2:1 on a civic without PS, they do make a 1.5:1 which I feel would be greater if I were to do it to my civic. My fear would be how touchy it would be on the interstate.

TLDR: no experience on a civic but worked good on race truck.

EDIT: I don't know what brand was used but it was a compact unit and he added it between the wheel and firewall (no tilt steering on the truck made it easy)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Last edited by BeerDrinkin; 08-18-2014 at 07:38 AM.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 WrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatness

The quaife rack is already a handful with manual steering, no way I'd want to go any quicker.

I'd love to put a quickener on my EF PS rack, but there is no way to install one legally with the rule set I'm given for racing.
WrongWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWheelDrive View Post
The quaife rack is already a handful with manual steering, no way I'd want to go any quicker.

I'd love to put a quickener on my EF PS rack, but there is no way to install one legally with the rule set I'm given for racing.
How well do they check for it? The compact units are easy to hide if you are running all the stock covers for the column.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 WrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatness

When you run at the pointy end of the class, it's best to remain squeaky clean.
WrongWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

When it rains it pours.

Nice, I live in Washington.

The Honda PS racked are barely worth the trouble over a manual ranck, esp in an EK.

Thanks BeerDrinking and WWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in