EG oe front sway bar install on non equipped EG??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post EG oe front sway bar install on non equipped EG???

okay i got a question i got a EG Vx model didn't come with any front sway bar linkages. Ive ordered front lower control arm due to old worn rotten bushings.
when i got the front lca it was like a EG universal kit or something. The LCA had a mounted bushing for the front sway bar.
The holes and i look online looks where the sway bar ends mount to.
if i order a front sway bar kit for my car oem from the parts store will i able to install it in my model VX?

ive already have the ends for mounting a sway bar i assume i can install?
since mines didn't come equipped with one what model EG do i order?
ive seen a pic that it bolts in the middle parts?

can i use a front sway bar for my EG?
what do i need to get this sway bar work?
where does the middle ones mount.
also do i benefit with this install. i asked the parts store they sell the oem replacement kit. but they said they not sure if it will bolt on to my Front LCA or the middle part?

i need to know b4 doing this install?
anyone did this with non equipped front sway bar EGS?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-VXEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 06:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Notice how on one of the "L" shaped arms there is a hole right next to the yellow Ex? you need this from an Ex or Si to mount a sway bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Civic front control arms.jpg
Views:	6216
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	70161  

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

The middle brackets attach to the body on either side of the exhaust (pro tip: you will NEED to unbolt the exhaust to mount the front sway). You should see two sets of holes about 6-10 inches to either side of the exhaust ... honestly once you get under there and get the endlinks lined up it will be pretty obvious.

Also I'm not sure if the front LCAs are different but like BiggieBert said you will need to make sure those mounting holes are there (EX/LX/Si front LCAs will all have these holes and bolt right up). I know there were two different RLCAs because I had to get a set with the holes drilled in to mount a rear sway to my LX. The bodies should be the same as far as mounting points for the brackets, my LX never had a rear sway but had the mounting points for the brackets anyway. Honda is pretty good about standardizing.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx

Last edited by AutoXCivic; 07-31-2014 at 07:49 AM.
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieBert View Post
Notice how on one of the "L" shaped arms there is a hole right next to the yellow Ex? you need this from an Ex or Si to mount a sway bar.
okay the pic on the left side my control arms i bought from the parts store had those holes but my original car didn't have them. so if i order a front sway bar kit should it be from an ex? i assume the bushings end links go to the holes?

how about the body is there any pic to where the sway bar go to the body?
are there any bolts that bolt into? my EG vx im not sure if where or if a sway bar would fit?

D-VXEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Eibach makes a kit for non BAR EG's.....spacer blocks and all....4017.xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in