I need reviews and ideas for camber - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 87REX
Default I need reviews and ideas for camber

I had my mechanic put my ek on the alignment rack, It has ksport coilovers and its lowered. He installed my bwr rear camber kit and got that all in line. Unfortunately the front camber and rear toe is out. The rear toe is adjusted as far as it can go to put it as close to in as possible, but its still out. I'm no suspension guy. So I need some reviews on LCA and upper control arms. I've been going back and forth from lca BWR and Megan racing. Same goes for upper front control arms. BWR, BLOX, or Megan racing. Please don't tell me they are a waste of time or how I'm a noob. I've searched and read and read. I've came to this site numerous times to get reliable information. What is your opinion on these products and what's your thoughts on my choice of companies?

Thanks in Advance

Ditch the Bisi cam unless you like your torque to drop off faster than Miley Cyrus' credibility.
Quote:
Never pass up a chance to work on a friends car at their house if you know their mom puts out..
87REX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Are you sure your stock ones are good? How far out is the toe ... it may not be a huge deal. Might be worth it to find some stock replacements, they're plenty durable and unless you're looking to shave some ounces off of your car (or lookin' for some bling) probably a better idea than most aftermarket options. Good stockers can be found for pretty cheap.

Front camber is out because the car is lowered. Unless it's extreme > 3* I wouldn't worry about it. I have my toe "out of spec" for autocross but it's not so bad that street driving will cause extensive wear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Stolen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 kydris is learning the way of the Dkydris is learning the way of the D

I just got my Megan lca's in today and they seem to be very well made. Haven't installed them yet, but I can't find any flaws in the aluminum or the bushings.
kydris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I'm a hardrace fanboy, officially, even though I have not yet used any of their products, seems like everything I've seen and read sounds good. Will be using their front UCA's, bushings instead of pillow balls, and I believe they offer a really good rear toe adjustment too, sounds like you could use them though I hope to avoid them, my car isn't spectacularly low....

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 slow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I put blox lcas on my ek a few weeks ago. It seemed to ride a little stiffer vs the stock bushings with 250k on them.

Quote:
Why would you wanna put pisswater in a new tranny?
[email protected] 1.9 60ft 1750lbs sedan y7/z6 notec head
stock block y7 265k and counting

[email protected] 1.8 60ft 1655lbs sedan y7/z6 head
vtec locked bisi stage 3 same ol block

Rip Pat Primmer.
slow4doorek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I used Blox LCAs for 5 weeks before the bushings took a shit. I swapped to FunctionForm version2 (current) and theyre still going strong. I do have Blox rear camber kit and the squeak that annoys the hell out of me isnt worth me replacing them.

Up front Im using Buddy Club UCAs and no problems. Raybestos Pro lower ball joints which are the shit. totally worth the extra few bucks.

I also replaced the rear trailing arm bushings as they were worn and will cause alignment issues. IDK how your rear toe is maxxed out. You might check your trailing arm bushings as it shouldnt be maxxed out.

Brands like Megen,Blox,BWR are good for non critical parts IMO. (ie shift knobs, strut bars,etc) stuff that has no moving parts. Ask me how I know.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
I used Blox LCAs for 5 weeks before the bushings took a shit. I swapped to FunctionForm version2 (current) and theyre still going strong. I do have Blox rear camber kit and the squeak that annoys the hell out of me isnt worth me replacing them.

Up front Im using Buddy Club UCAs and no problems. Raybestos Pro lower ball joints which are the shit. totally worth the extra few bucks.

I also replaced the rear trailing arm bushings as they were worn and will cause alignment issues. IDK how your rear toe is maxxed out. You might check your trailing arm bushings as it shouldnt be maxxed out.

Brands like Megen,Blox,BWR are good for non critical parts IMO. (ie shift knobs, strut bars,etc) stuff that has no moving parts. Ask me how I know.
^this. Check your RTA bushings. Mines were toast and couldnt get the toe corrent until i replaced them. Im using skunk lower rear arms with no issues. Hardrace makes rear LCAs also. If your car isnt super low than you could do the washer mod for rear camber correcrion.

For the front i bout some cheap ebay UCA's that look exactly like the Hardrace ones and just replaced the balljoint with the Hardraces. Saved me some coin.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle87REX is fly like an eagle

Thank you for all the replies. As for the rear. I'm going to go with new rear trailing bushings. Should I just get some new whole arms from rockauto or put new bushing in the xi sting ones. The car has 365k on the clock so I'm sure the bushings need some new rubber. So how did buying cheap ebay uca and replacing them with hard race ball joints save coin. The new uca are 164 and the ball joints are 114. My rear camber is perfect now and the front is still out. So by the end of the weekend I'll be ordering some uca. What company I'm not sure of. I do like the hardrace stuff

Ditch the Bisi cam unless you like your torque to drop off faster than Miley Cyrus' credibility.
Quote:
Never pass up a chance to work on a friends car at their house if you know their mom puts out..
Old 07-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87REX View Post
Thank you for all the replies. As for the rear. I'm going to go with new rear trailing bushings. Should I just get some new whole arms from rockauto or put new bushing in the xi sting ones. The car has 365k on the clock so I'm sure the bushings need some new rubber. So how did buying cheap ebay uca and replacing them with hard race ball joints save coin. The new uca are 164 and the ball joints are 114. My rear camber is perfect now and the front is still out. So by the end of the weekend I'll be ordering some uca. What company I'm not sure of. I do like the hardrace stuff
Hardrace UCA= $179

Ebay UCA= $50
BalljointS(plural)=$60 for a grand total of $110.

Looks like savings to me.

Hardrace or whiteline for RTA bushing.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 07-19-2014, 04:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 spAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like Borat

I don't know if you're going to be able to swap ball joints around between two different aftermarket solutions like that.

How "out" is the front camber?

I'm really happy with Hardrace's bushings, not sure about any of the adjustable type ball joints at this point in my life.
spAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spAdam View Post
I don't know if you're going to be able to swap ball joints around between two different aftermarket solutions like that.

How "out" is the front camber?

I'm really happy with Hardrace's bushings, not sure about any of the adjustable type ball joints at this point in my life.
I've already done it. Fits and works just fine. The UCA are exactly the same minus the hardrace sticker on it. On the other hand the balljoints that came with them are shit.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 07-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

-1.5* both sides.i plan on the occasional autocross.
All rice can you send me links to your setup please

Quote:
Old 07-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87REX View Post
-1.5* both sides.i plan on the occasional autocross.
All rice can you send me links to your setup please
Ill pm you pics tomorrow.

RIP CALI NOOB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in