Honda D Series Forum banner

stance questions

5K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  Red-Rocket 
#1 ·
Hey everybody I have a 91 crx si and I was wondering if I would have any problems with stretching some 195/45/15 tires on 15x8 rims? The car will be stanced front and rear. Also will there be any fitment issues?? And will it be ok to run some good lowering springs and shocks until I save up enough to buy some full coilovers?? Thanks to anyone who can help!!

#4 ·
How will it be stanced if you havent bought suspension? Why stretch tires? Doesnt a nice ride and comfort, plus safety matter?

Must rep you boys, both posts above are good shyt.

#10 ·
Lol I figured I'd get some dogging but I'm gonna stance it anyways I already have both front and rear camber kit and aftermarket shocks that I'm going to put on this week when brakes come in.. I just figured there might be some people on here that like stance that could answer a few questions I had but I guess I'll figure it out when I do it!

#37 ·
Wtf.. I'm not going for some crazy broken axle look like the pics above... I'm going for some mild camber notHing to crazy thanks for being a bunch of a**holes tho it really shows how d-series.orgs users really are I thought this sight was for giving insight and asking and answering questions and admiring other people's builds not completely hating and dissing what some people like but it's all good

#17 ·
Wtf.. I'm not going for some crazy broken axle look like the pics above... I'm going for some mild camber notHing to crazy thanks for being a bunch of a**holes tho it really shows how d-series.orgs users really are I thought this sight was for giving insight and asking and answering questions and admiring other people's builds not completely hating and dissing what some people like but it's all good

#33 ·
Lulz relax everyone gets talked chit to.
We do answer question's to noobs and some non noobs too. Hating is overrated. Admiring people's builds we do and give our OPINIONS. If you don't like it who cares in the end it's your own shit right?
Just know if you go with mild camber /lowered be prepared to buy lower ball joints tie rod ends axles etc. Some what frequently unless you invest in some good quality suspension parts even then you'll still break them due to misaligning the cars suspension geometry. I speak of experience off hand and watching buddies of mine break shit too lol

Reactions: AJAY
#24 ·
Only with underpowered 4 bangers. In the days of actual power under the hood, no one stretches tires anymore, unless they want to not place. I REALLY dislike drifting as a "competitive motorsport" but the cars are actually being developed well these days, unlike in most years past.

OP-

Sell your CRX to someone who cares about it. No, I'm not actually joking. The CRX and any other 2G/4G cars REALLY don't take to being driven around slammed or lowered more than about 2" on the street, and even when properly set up for racing in classes that don't limit ride height, the fastest cars are never lowered more than about 3" unless there are ridiculous amounts of suspension relocation and trickery going on. I have owned my 89 Si since 1998. Young dimwits like you are one of the reasons why I get angry when I drive and see cars completely ruined to pursue some aesthetic ideal that isn't even a good idea for underpowered RWD cars that originated most of the looks you are trying to achieve.

If you don't like being told that, GTFO. There are plenty of other places that will help you destroy one of the best feeling cars in the world to drive, and I would also argue one of the best looking.

I think you are just too ignorant to even know what you are asking, which is why I've said what I've said. If you keep insisting on pursuing this horrific thing, you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

#26 ·
OP, sorry your butt got hurt, but as has been said over and over on this thread, you are in the wrong neighborhood for stance and NOBODY here is going to approve of you bastardizing a perfectly good and increasingly rare CRX. Stick around and you will learn the "proper" way to go about making your sports car faster, handle better, and look good...if you can't take the criticism for your stated intentions...

#27 ·
ran out of rep because of a stance thread...WINNING!!!

OP if you are looking for a lowered car with proper camber for handling, in which you WILL be able to see the negative camber, that is OK.

The broken axle look.....sorry "We don't like your kind around here..."

#28 ·
<<< Op take a look at my car it has been lowered and has camber kits front and rear but notice how the car does not look fucktarded?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.