advice appriciated, base model teg parts in my 5th gen DX - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default advice appriciated, base model teg parts in my 5th gen DX

I didn't drive the car much before pulling the engine, but it wasn't impressive. It was actually bad, just compared to my EX sedan. Since then I picked up a factory Integra front swaybar and brace. I need to get LCAs to bolt em in, so I'm gonna get those and spindles from an Integra to get bigger brakes while I'm at it. Prolly rear disks too, dunno. I do wanna get the rear swaybar though.

I'm considering adjustable camber to fine tune the suspension after actually tracking it, but I wanna get the spindles/LCAs/swaybar upgraded/installed first and foremost.

I want to get coil overs too, along with 15 maybe 16 allow wheels.

Car info: 95 DX civic, d15b7 engine.
Budget: maybe hundreds of dollars minus the coilovers

Is there anything else I should consider? All advice is welcomed minus people telling me swaybars dont matter bigger brakes dont matter etc
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2014, 06:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 52793 is worse than Satan's asshole52793 is worse than Satan's asshole

You could also go through and replace bushings.
52793 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Actually bigger brakes do matter if you are tracking it, larger diameter discs can dissipate heat better and offer a larger gripping/friction surface for better stopping power.

Upgrading the rear drum is where controversy can start. Make sure you have a brake master cylinder capable of the bigger calipers and such too.

All I upgraded was my bushings, ball joints, shocks and TIRES, no bars, braces or anything and my car is 100 times better. I would say upgrade the consumable parts, ball joints, bushings, shocks and TIRES. see where you are at and get after the braces you haven't gotten yet later, rear subframe, and swaybar etc. once you are dialed and see if you really need more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I agree, since you plan replace control arms it will not be difficult to go ahead and replace the rest of the bushings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 0 p-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's assholep-m-b,95dxcoupe is worse than Satan's asshole

Yeah I was planning on using hardrace bushings. I just replaced everything in my EX's front and it made a big difference. It rolls smooth handles alot better too.

So, before anything else, ill get the front spindles LCAs, rear spindles those arms and that swaybar. I do plan to replace the bushings, lower ball joints, and pads before I put it together.

I guess I need the M/c and booster from the Integra too, but I'm gonna see if there's an even better one I can get, maybe one that wasn't used lol, ill prolly get one from the store with a lifetime warrantee. I know the info on which one to use with which booster is out there IV just gotta find it
p-m-b,95dxcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in