Adjusting Rear Toe - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Exclamation Adjusting Rear Toe

Stats:
92 Civic Hatch

Rear suspension:
ALL busings replaced, hardrace in lcas, oem trailing arm bushing, and kiwi signature series spherical camber and toe adjusters.

Car is not tucking tire, but sits right on top of them. Never been in accident, and the trailing arms have zero signs of damage.

The left rear the toe is perfect, toe adjuster sits right about the middle and as room to adjust toe in by adjusting the arm itself.

The right rear, the problem side. The toe arm is as small as it can be, shorter than stock even, and the bolt is all the way in. This just barely zero's the toe out on this side. So absolutly no room to add toe in, if wanted.

What do you think the problem could be? Everything is straight. I want to burn this f'n car to the ground right now. I just can't figure it out. I need your input DSO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 bake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Bent trailing arm is my bet! I know you say everything is straight but I can't see how everything can be straight if the toe is that out of whack!
bake82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....

that is what I am thinking, but eye balling it next to one I know is not bent they line up. I wonder if Honda can check the trailing arm for straightness.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I bet you can.

Go to the JY and pick up suspected bent part and compare
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 03:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Possible the trailing arm got bent when pressing the old bushing out/new in?

Or new bushing not pressed in far enough?
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

A small bend, over the length of that arm could be the cause....

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

A friend of mine had a spare trailing arm, so I grabbed that yesterday. Gonna throw it on today or tomorrow and see where it leads me.

Quote:

Old 05-12-2014, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the help guys, It is looking like the original trailing arm is slightly bent. I have no idea how or where. I'll snap some pics today.

Quote:

Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Way to finish up a thread with reason for the issue. +rep
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Roll test, if it is round at any point then roll it on the corner of a table and look for a wobble kind of like a que stick at the bar.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 slow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Roll test, if it is round at any point then roll it on the corner of a table and look for a wobble kind of like a que stick at the bar.
Put it next to something flat and see if there is a gap on one end, or lay it on a flat table and look for light under it. I rework air plane parts at my work and we use all of these methods for quick eyeballing on some of the stuff. Idk how useful that would be on an RTA cause they are so curved anyways. Thanks for getting back with the thread though

Quote:
Why would you wanna put pisswater in a new tranny?
[email protected] 1.9 60ft 1750lbs sedan y7/z6 notec head
stock block y7 265k and counting

[email protected] 1.8 60ft 1655lbs sedan y7/z6 head
vtec locked bisi stage 3 same ol block

Rip Pat Primmer.
slow4doorek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Haha, yea I'm wondering how the roll test would work with rta. But I cant stand when threads do not get updated.

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in