suspension questions. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default suspension questions.

Its time for my crx suspension to be replaced. Heres a list of what I was planning on doing. I am pretty lowered sitting on 13's.

-Ground control top hats
-kyb agx shocks ^will the top hats fit?
-New oem UCA with adjustable ball joint or skunk2 adjustables
-Need LCA for the rear just dont know what brand to pick. Opinions?
-the bar that goes across the rear looks like it connects to the lca's. Might buy one for s&g
-front and rear wheel hub/bearings
-rear camber kit skunk 2 or ?
- tie rod ends and sway bar links.
-brain fart- the two rods that connect to the radiator support and front suspension.
- new tires alignment when all done
This is all I can think of. If im missing anything, please let me know im not looking for the best out there but something durable as this is my daily. Thanks all
hondasohc89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Going kind of overboard for a daily in my opinion.

- Why GC top hats, you tryin to extend for more dip?
- Stock replacement shocks too lowered will not last long, you are limiting the stroke.
- Get a moog adjustable ball joint with the oem UCA in front
- Oem lca unless you are doing rear camber kit, then this will be replaced by an adjustable one.
- Upper strut braces are what tie the shock towers together, they help make a more solid box for sharp turns, but really just look cool, I have em.
- on bearing replacement
- Camber kit already addressed
- Check the LCA to make sure you have the places for the tie rods and sway bars, if not already installed.
- Ah the front brace, not sure its needed for your applications unless you are drag racing and have some good power. But eh.
- Deff need the alignment and tires if worn, brand depends again on goals and longevity you are looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Replace what needs to be replaced, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...if you want to improve your suspension, do it in stages, start off with shocks and springs, drive it, see what you feel it needs next, go to stage II, etc...whatever you do, don't just blindly throw parts at it

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Im not going in blind. All of it needs replaced. I was going for the kyb agx's because Ive heard good things about them and want to try a set. Top hats to help the shock travel a little. I know itll be bumpy still I just want to relieve some stress off the ball joints being this low and not dumping serious money into it. And im talking aaout the bar in the rear thats in the middle. I think beaks makes one for the ek.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

How low is your car that you think you need top hats?

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Im on 13's and barely have any wheel gap. Im going lower soon .Last time i did an alignment, my camber was 4.5 in the front...
Old 04-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Eh sounds like you are ready to give up handling for head turns, I am loosing interest.

Not that it matters but from an older man in this game, going too low only adds to the money leaving your wallet by detracting from handling and longevity of parts.

Enjoy though, that is the point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you, my car is lowered but I didn't go beyond what I determined would be functional for a daily driven car, sounds like you are going show car low and I don't have much to contribute here, like Whoshot said, just make sure you enjoy it.

It does sound like you will need top hats and those top hats should fit pretty much any oem style (oem Honda, KYB, Koni, etc) upper mount, I don't know how much camber you could correct that low, or if you even want to correct the camber, kinda sounds like you're going for the 'flush, have fun with it

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

AGXs don't like drop.

You are running way too low for anyone to really care what you end up doing, as you are too low for the suspension to work with stock mounting points.

The two rods are radius rods. Replacing the bushings at the end will make a world of difference in keeping the suspension where it needs to be.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I would go moog everything possible, shock wise IDK what would be "durable" that low
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

So wheel bearings are done. Jeez were they expensive :\ ive always been a fan of lowered cars and ive grown used to the driving that comes with it. Yea somedays it sucks but overall its not to bad. Im not all stanced out with low pros or anything as I like to keep my rims from being destroyed. Ill take a picture soon
Old 05-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 52793 is worse than Satan's asshole52793 is worse than Satan's asshole

The AGX's won't last long on a drop.
52793 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in