2 different Hondas, both pull to the left... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default 2 different Hondas, both pull to the left...

I have a 94 Integra LS and a 94 Del Sol VTEC that both pull to the left. I've tried different tire combinations and even offset pressures, both have had stock & modified suspensions w/o change, both have had their alignments checked.

The Integra has also had the rack changed (with different tie-rods and rod-ends) w/o a change. Both appear to have decent lca bushings, and all ball joints are good. I've also swapped knuckles on the Integra, then different calipers after that to no avail. Both had this problem before & after removing & looping the P/S racks. Both use the same Integra-style P/S rack since the VTEC model came from the factory with an Integra x-member.

Any ideas what could be happening? My 95 EJ1 & 92 EH1 drive straight as an arrow in comparison, both with looped P/S and a GSR rack on the EH1.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Have an alignment printout?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Might be looking at wrong end of the car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

tires/tierods/balljoints/alignment
Old 04-13-2014, 05:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

You're fat. Loose weight.

I wish I knew more about this kinda thing.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!

An alignment printout can be broke down to show where a vehicle will pull also where what tires wear.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
Old 04-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Cars are aligned to pull left, correct?
To compensate for the crown in the road.
That's what I've been told. Maybe yours pulls a bit too much.

1995 Delcamino D15Beater7
Synchrotech EX trans / LSD clutch
Ebay Header/Hackpro Custom 2" Exhaust
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Hackpro Custom one-off tow hitch.

Quote:
You win at everything forever!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Post up the alignment befores and afters and we can take a look.

Just learned all of this in school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

radial tire pull? swap the front tires side to side and test drive. If it changes at all its in the tires

possible bad brake hose?

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
You're fat. Loose weight.

I wish I knew more about this kinda thing.
Lol!!!!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
Post up the alignment befores and afters and we can take a look.

Just learned all of this in school.
Honestly if you can post it up, I will explain every detail to you on why its pulling that way and how you can fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

The printout showed everything w/in spec & even side to side. I did my own string alignment and the tech said it was closer than his coworkers would get, except it had a bit toe-out in front. I've since tried zero & negative front toe, as well as adding toe to individual corners. Yes bone, I've looked at all corners.

I've actually put the Integra on jackstands & ran it at different speeds up to 60mph to see if one of the brakes was dragging. Initially one of the pads was twisted, but after swapping to different calipers & new pads/rotors it stayed the same.

I will post the alignment specs later tonight, I think I can still find the printout. It was done at a Sears using their laser alignment. Car wasn't too low either. The del sol is actually on the original OEM VTEC suspension. I don't care much about it, but I mention it because it started doing this after owning it for 2 years.

One thing to note, if I straighten it out then let go of the wheel, any bump in the road will twist the wheel to the left a bit until it's in "full pull". It pulls enough to corner a gradual bend on a 65mph freeway w/o any steering input.

Last edited by HiProfile; 04-13-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

a little negative toe is actually good

Honestly it sounds like the same symptoms as a bad bearing plate. But our cars dont have those. How are your cv joints?

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy85 View Post
Cars are aligned to pull left, correct?
To compensate for the crown in the road.
That's what I've been told. Maybe yours pulls a bit too much.
Big trucks (tractor trailers) and buses (not city buses) are, but cars generally are not.
jpciii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=12
jpciii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

What were the corner weights on the Teg?

Have you detacoed the del Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Dry ball joint causing memory steer.

If u can get it up on a rack (drive on lift, not a two post) rock the vehicle back and forth with the brake pedal applied and see if any of the bushing are bad, or if the ball joints are moving
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

You'd have to explain "detacoed", and I'm not sure about the teg corner weights. I forgot to mention the teg has eibach sportlines on orange tokicos, but so does my EJ1 w/o issue. The del sol has aged non-oem CV's that don't vibrate, while the Integra has had fresh Raxles since day one - before the problem.

I've experienced a bad bearing plate on a macphucksen frontend and it's not far from that. I bought the integra with new skunk2 UCA's.

I'm starting to think it's all bushing related, but I can't see or feel any problems when I have the cars jacked in the air. I've got a shitload of cinder blocks, so I may elevate the car on a big lineup of bricks and set up a vid camera & rock it with the brakes on.

Last edited by HiProfile; 04-13-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

Camber causes more of a pull then toe does, it works just like how a bike leans into a turn. What ever side has the most POSITIVE camber, that is the direction of the pull (even if its within spec).

Quote:
Old 04-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Post up the print out, the first one of us to look at it that's done alignments regularly will be able to at least spot the outlier. Maybe you need to get adjustable rear upper control arms? When I use to work as a tech we would always test drive the car at 30mph and at 60mph, and most people would come right back if it was out and I would normally get a senior ase to help me out if I couldn't figure it out immediately. All I am getting at is, go to another alignment shop, get a quote/check, and a print out (its free for an alignment check at most tire shops).

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in