Alignment is WAY off, next step? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Alignment is WAY off, next step?

So as we all know, I've been having alignment/suspension issues. Today I finally made it to a shop with a good reputation and here is what they gave me.

The previous shop I went to for an alignment said the rear passenger wheel was toed out around ~0.30 and to get the wheel to toe in, he could heat and bend the rear compensator arm. Which I had let him do, because I simply didn't know better. Shortly after I realized that the car pivots with that arm because of the 2 bushings.

As you all can guess, the car is VERY dangerous to drive especially going over wet patches in the road.

To fix this issue, would a stock replacement rear compensator arm bring it back within spec?

OR

Amazon.com: Blox Racing BXSS-10101-AEL Adjustable End Link Set for Acura Integra/Honda Civic/Del Sol: Automotive Amazon.com: Blox Racing BXSS-10101-AEL Adjustable End Link Set for Acura Integra/Honda Civic/Del Sol: Automotive

Amazon.com: Blox Racing Performance Rear Adjustable Toe Kit 88-00 Honda Civic / 90-01 Acura Integra: Automotive Amazon.com: Blox Racing Performance Rear Adjustable Toe Kit 88-00 Honda Civic / 90-01 Acura Integra: Automotive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-RACING-...69cdbf&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Racing...ea4109&vxp=mtr

Last edited by 95coupeD16y8; 03-26-2014 at 12:29 PM.
95coupeD16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

That second link looks like a camber kit, go grab a stock piece in a junk yard, they'll probably charge you like $5 and it'll take about 5 min of your time.

That should give you a quickish, cheap answer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D

True it is, didn't read enough and was excited for the cheap price. Would you be kind enough to give me your opinion on the eBay linked kits that I posted? Preferably your opinion on the REAL 35$ toe kit lol.

I have searched up, down, and around my area to find an EG and they just aren't here. Multiple EK's though. Are these arms interchangeable between EG/EK
I know EF compensator arms are smaller I believe..

Old 03-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 hoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borat

Go on 1hondaparts.com and compare part numbers...that's always the easiest way to know. Go with OEM type stuff. As for your right rear camber being out. Stick a washer between the upper c arm and the body bolt ( to both of them..not just 1 washer on one bolt) that will fix that issue....and cheaply too. The compensator arms should be the same. You can also go to rockauto to compare aftermarket OEM type arms against one another. You'll be surprised what you find.

Cheers

Edit... 1 washer set left rear. 2 washer sets right rear....you may need a slightly longer bolt, but that's cheap too. Those adjustable arms are crap.
hoorah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

As much as I'd like to get a stock OEM replacement arm, I feel like it would put me back at square one. Which is why we had to heat and bend the OEM one in the first place. So I think if I replaced it with another oem, it would still be toed out. There must be a reason as to why this issue is present.

However, IF I ever do find an EG around here, I will go ahead and buy the arm just to see. If I can find a decent one, I'll replace the whole trailing arm.

EG part number 52341-SR3-000
EK part number 52341-S04-A00

Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 hoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borat

I don't understand why you would heat and bend the arm if it can be loosened and slid to make the adjustment as the factory wanted....or did you run out of adjustment? Only other thing is the trailing arm is bent at the wheel area.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Default Alignment is WAY off, next step?

K-sport sells an adjustable arm that replaces the one you showed you might be able to get in spec with it vs the oem. Also makes adjusting toe much easier no more short crowbar

Usually if one side can only be adjusted to a certain point and no further I just adjust the other side to be even, .30 is a bit much though, .10 not so much. Also looking at the printout can someone please explain to me why the right rear wheel on every 92-98 civc i align is so far off on camber?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by NeonPinHead; 03-26-2014 at 02:47 PM.
NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

You may actually be able to loosen the k-frame to try and adjust that front camber issue and even it out. I've never tried on a civic, but GM's and Ford's I have done many times. As for the rear PINHEAD, dunno. I usually add a washer or two to change that. My EL I added 2 washers per bolt after my coil overs were set to where I wanted and both cambers were -1.0 right were I wanted them. Could be people bouncing off curbs...who knows.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

NeonPinHead yeah but k-sport rear toe links are ~100$
I would buy Megan or Blox before that. I know I shouldn't cheap out on suspension parts, and I'm not going to. But would the 35$ toe links from eBay really be THAT bad?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

The only ones ive seen are the k-sports. If $100 would save a ~$300 set of tires and all the sets after id go for it. Ive had the same set of tires for almost 5 years and being able to dial in my own alignment i think contributed

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Bought the Blox, thanks fellas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alignment, rear, toe, toe out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in