Traction bar clutsterfu** - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Chinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Traction bar clutsterfu**

So i ordered a traction bar that was supposed to fit my car ( ek hatch with one piece si LCAS ) and i received a bar meant for a dx/cx with the two piece cast arms. The item was listed as compatible with both cx and si trim, upon installing it i realized they are differant and with it bolted up the angle at which the links are mounted is completely garbage and binding.

Im contemplating just moving the LCA bracket to a better position and just welding the cocksucker right on. Thoughts on this? pictures below of horrible fitment.

Chinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

The metal looks pretty thin, why not just bend it with a hammer a little to align the two brackets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
one grumpy old man

Rep Power: 19 Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!
Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

what dan said.or grind the tacks on the crossmember mounting points and slide it until its proper and re weld it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FARMYARD
10.677 @ 136.54 vitara z6/y8 2013
10.967 @ 129.57 vitara z6/y8 2012
10.437 @ 133.72 vitara a6/y8 2011
10.583 @ 137.00 vitara a6/y8 2010
Darin T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

spin the shock mount 90 degrees....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Chinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
spin the shock mount 90 degrees....
By shock mount do you mean the attachment point on the LCA? If so the manufacturers are very specific in mounting it level with the control arm as pictured and not having it rotated.

Either way in that position it still binds badly
Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

curious, who made the traction bar?

(so I know who to avoid)
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 seandonn is learning the way of the Dseandonn is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
curious, who made the traction bar?

(so I know who to avoid)
^ me too. Also, any updates on getting this thing fitting better?
seandonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Its a blox traction bar but its not the manufacturers fault, they specify that it will not work with one piece LCAs, though the seller did not know this and listed it as compatible with 99-00 si even though it isnt. I just welded the LCA mounts on in a position that works.

Aside from getting the wrong part, I liked the quality and everything else fit very well. My last fullrace bar needed needed hammered into place, tight fit. This one slid in snug.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Good to know man, thanks for updating us here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 slow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I just put one of these on my ek sedan a few days ago and it fit really well. I would recommend them for sure

Quote:
Why would you wanna put pisswater in a new tranny?
[email protected] 1.9 60ft 1750lbs sedan y7/z6 notec head
stock block y7 265k and counting

[email protected] 1.8 60ft 1655lbs sedan y7/z6 head
vtec locked bisi stage 3 same ol block

Rip Pat Primmer.
slow4doorek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
Its a blox traction bar but its not the manufacturers fault, they specify that it will not work with one piece LCAs, though the seller did not know this and listed it as compatible with 99-00 si even though it isnt. I just welded the LCA mounts on in a position that works.

Aside from getting the wrong part, I liked the quality and everything else fit very well. My last fullrace bar needed needed hammered into place, tight fit. This one slid in snug.
yeah, but if the front heim joints aren't in line with the LCA pivot bolt, it'll always bind
Old 03-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
yeah, but if the front heim joints aren't in line with the LCA pivot bolt, it'll always bind
Well I removed the shock and moved the lca through its full range of motion that it would see on the street, no binding. Room to spare.

The front hiems could not be inline with the LCA bolt without binding because the the mounts were not inline, if they did eveythinf would have fit in the first place.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
Well I removed the shock and moved the lca through its full range of motion that it would see on the street, no binding. Room to spare.

The front hiems could not be inline with the LCA bolt without binding because the the mounts were not inline, if they did eveythinf would have fit in the first place.
duh. you're right, I didn't even think about it like that
Old 03-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

having the heims at extreme angles like that puts alot of stress on them axially instead of push/pull only like they should be. Although it may work fine, they may wear out quickly or even bend the bracket.

You cant just bend the tabs over to the side because the holes wont line up to put the bolt through. Really the mount needs to be remade with longer and shorter legs at an angle to account for this.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in