H&R lowering springs? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

ffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default H&R lowering springs?

Is anyone riding on H&R lowering springs? I'm thinking about getting some at some point soon. They are about 220 on tirerack.com and offer a mild drop and supposedly a decent ride. Which is exactly what I'm looking for. I took my Civic on a curvy road the other day and it just doesn't feel as confident as my old forth gen.

So I want my car to feel more composed, not to harsh and not to low kind of a middle of the road set up. Just looking for some first hand experience before I down the cash.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Back in a Civic, but I still want a hatchabck
Quote:
By 91crxsiD16
fast+good=not cheap
fast+cheap=not good
cheap+good=not fast
Rule number 1 of Car Culture: Unless it's life threateningly stupid, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong.
ffdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

I have H&R Sport springs on my Legend and CRX. They are excellent.

That is also too much for them. Get them from a reputable seller on eBay for less than $200 shipped.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular

On my old EF hatch, I had the "OE Sports" with Koni Yellows and a fat rear anti-sway bar. Liked that setup alot.
jpciii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

ffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the sky

would I be better off buying H&R or these tiens
TEIN s Tech lowering Springs Honda Civic Coupe 2dr 01 02 03 04 05 EM2 SKA22 AUB0 | eBay

Quote:
By 91crxsiD16
fast+good=not cheap
fast+cheap=not good
cheap+good=not fast
Rule number 1 of Car Culture: Unless it's life threateningly stupid, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Eibach or H&R........

I've had Eibach ProKit and all three H&R's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

well hopefully i'll grow a pair and actually do this.
i'll be sure to post pics when i do.

Quote:
By 91crxsiD16
fast+good=not cheap
fast+cheap=not good
cheap+good=not fast
Old 03-18-2014, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

I'm not a fan of Tien springs at all. The H&R springs are all excellent, but I prefer the Sport to OE Sport, but never the Race for a street car.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

The S Techs are great if all you care about is comfort. The spring rates are really quite low.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 krueger will become famous soon enoughkrueger will become famous soon enoughkrueger will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Ive had both Tiens and Eibachs, liked them both a lot. Both pretty comfy ride and gave a nice drop too. In the end its up to you, if you do though i reccommend replacing your struts eventually too. It helped a lot on mine anyway

92 eg
krueger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

the ones I'm looking at getting are Sports.

Quote:
By 91crxsiD16
fast+good=not cheap
fast+cheap=not good
cheap+good=not fast
Old 03-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 krueger will become famous soon enoughkrueger will become famous soon enoughkrueger will become famous soon enough

Im sure you'll be fine man. Will give you a little stance, little less body roll and more hug. and will still retain some ride quality. I think you'll be ok with any of those choices honesly. Some people are very picky on this stuff but to me a lot of it feels the same when its for something this mild. Your not racing it and what not. Daily it'll be fine. Just my 2 cents

92 eg
krueger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

When u get them think about upgrading your shocks. I've had a set of Koni yellows and race drop h&r and have loved the setup.
777sc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice will become famous soon enoughdj_justice will become famous soon enoughdj_justice will become famous soon enough

I can second on eibachs. I had them on my old integra and I loved them. Im thinking about some H&Rs though because I only want like an inch drop on my car.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

My Eibachs on my 05 ride great, not too rough at all. I just need to get me some new struts soon as previous owner did not .

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 adamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagleadamjabaay is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I had h&are race on konis on my 90 hatch when I started tracking, and they were an excellent street/track setup. EXCELLENT.. Rode kinda hard but not annoyingly so

I had neuspeeds a while after, and disliked them on track, but I was new to the track still. They rode nice though
adamjabaay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 hoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borat

H&R and eibach for sure
hoorah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

I like H&R Sport. Not too low.
NARFALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

I've had 2 sets of H&R Sport Springs and 1 set of H&R Race Springs.

The Sports were on my crx and ej8, they ride pretty smooth for what they are both were coupled with OE struts. They handle great compared to many other coil springs, and are on the stiffer side. I would go for these if you want to lower your car an inch or two, want a smooth ride, and want to greatly improve the handling of your car.

The Race springs I had on my crx, they are awesome. I've never owned coilovers, only upgraded coil springs. But for the $220~ish I don't think you can beat the bang for buck handling wise. Very stiff, cause OE shocks to bottom out and become very loud! Coupled with brand new OE style struts the ride quality was improved, but still definitely not for the typical spirited driver.

My roommate has H&R OE springs on his Legacy sport and I personally think they are a waste of money, ride quality is sub par to stock and handling was only mildly improved. A sway bar would be a better investment than these.

I have S.Techs on my EP and they are silky smooth, and at least for the EP they have some of the stiffest spring rates. And only lowered about an 1"-1.5" (not into slammed cars!).

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold

Last edited by bznc; 04-13-2014 at 08:55 PM.
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Subarus are terrible anyway, don't judge the OE Sports by anything Subaru related.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

I just installed the koni orange with h&r springs on my dd 94 cx. I usually don't buy preassembled kits but overall I am impressed with it so far. It's $422 until the end of april on tire rack witch is cheaper than buying Monroe quick struts. You have to buy upper mounts for the kit if you don't have a way to disassemble your old struts.

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in