suspension upgrades - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default suspension upgrades

Was curious about suspension upgrades, reading on here and seems like I should probably start there before the motor. Wanted opinions on lower control arms, coil overs how low should I go? And anything else I missed have a 90 civic hb all stock except some purple coil overs but there's no brand that I have yet to see. Thanks in advance and hope this is in the right category lol.
icednate79@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

You need some upgraded shocks.
The lca (lower control arms) can stay. Replaced all bushing since there all old and probably bad.
How low is up to you.
Get the tie rods check and replace if bad. Then get a alignment once all is done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

New Inner and Outer Tie Rods and Lower Ball Joints with all hardware is $32 shipped from eBay

Almost every Civic Ever needs a set.

Lose the word Coil over and Shock.

Get Some Koni Yellows and Ground Control Perches/springs.

I can Lift my car, or drag it across the ground, as if it is cool.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post
New Inner and Outer Tie Rods and Lower Ball Joints with all hardware is $32 shipped from eBay

Almost every Civic Ever needs a set.

Lose the word Coil over and Shock.

Get Some Koni Yellows and Ground Control Perches/springs.

I can Lift my car, or drag it across the ground, as if it is cool.
Sorry for the thread Jack. But an answer would contribute to the thread.

Do you have a particular seller you like to buy from? I have an alignment scheduled on Sunday and I'm worried they might tell me that I need these.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

Yeah eBay.

This is for 96-00s but 92-95s are there too. Look like it went up to $46.

4 Kit Suspension Steering Parts Ball Joints Tie Rod Ends 1 Year Warranty | eBay

They're $50-60 for EGs

I searched "Civic tie rod ball joint kit" followed by your year of Civic, sort lowest first.

Been using them for a year and still tight as a 13 year old.

If you knew how I drive, you'd be impressed.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Is there a site you frequent that gives a good deal or just shop around for the Koni Yellows and Ground Control Perches/springs? Also planned on replacing all the bearings and bushings. Anything else I am missing, feel free to jump in appreciate it thanks.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Call Ground Control and ask for the "Honda Tech package", they offer a discount for the complete setup with top hats and everything, comes out of the box ready to bolt on

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks cali appreciate it have an idea on how much it is? Only reason I ask is I'm at work lol
Old 03-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I paid CA tax but they cut me some slack shipping it because I only lived about 100 miles away, I forget the exact price but it was $1100ish. If all you want is shocks and springs, it's cheaper to buy them a'la carte, if you want the full works, it saves you about $100...roughly a 10% discount

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks I appreciate it like I said Idk prices of import parts or generally trusted places to buy from. Will be a bit before I buy that ( my wife) lol but definitely needs an overhaul. The ks again
Old 03-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Basically it goes like this;

If you're buying LCA's in order to get good bushings, then you'll spend some cheese on name brand stuff and you're wasting a lot of money on bushings.

If you're buying LCA's because you found them cheap, don't mind crappy bushings, and are wanting to do them mostly for looks; you come out ahead price-wise in the short run but it's a long term loss.

If you're just wanting to improve the performance of your car the best bang/buck is to just swap bushings.

I never swapped the OEM bushings out on my old hatch, wish I had, but I did run aftermarket LCA's that were cheap. I wish I had just kept the OEM ones and swapped the bushings out.
Get new bushings and get quality Coil overs (GC + Koni), "how low can I go" is the wrong question to ask. "How can I improve handling" is the right one.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Remember, you get what you pay for, you can get cheap suspension...the question remains though, is that really what you want? And I wouldn't be shy about dealing with Ground Control directly, they have their shit together, top notch organization. They have a good website but you can call them, they answer the phone, they know what they are talking about, and they stand behind their products.

And, if you're anything like me and sick and tired of everything being made in China, take pride in your American-ness, their stuff is made domestically

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Awebb correct I should have stated that better, should I stay at a certain height for better handling or go lower or higher. For me I could care less if the thing is dragging on the ground not my cup of tea. Yes cali I agree with you 110% I don't mind spending extra $$$ for quality American made products. I really appreciate the help with this guy's. Just for me I like to research then when I have anything put it together, not jump from area to area.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....

You have to get the breast cancer awareness pink shocks.

No body has said this but look into swaybars, there is a really good write up here for the 96-00 cars but you can use the info and modify it for what works on your car. Seems like a lot of guys just run a rear bar, it just depends on driving style.

Oh I wouldn't get lca's unless your stock ones don't have provisions for a swaybar. I believe your year does but I know next to nothing about ef's. I would just get new bushings for the stockers.

Last edited by Mediumrarechicken; 03-13-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Mediumrarechicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Get The Top Hats from eBay.

They are $90 and the Same Thing.

Have fun getting the old bushings out.

Work Smarter, not Harder.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Haha I will look into all of that Thanks a lot guys appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in