Alignment question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Alignment question

I need an alignment and what I want to know is specifically what is it exactly that HAS to be working in tip top condition under neath my vehicle to get the toe set properly. Ha dumb question when I say it out loud ive just never worked at a shop or anything but I guess im just not sure what needs replacing on my vehicle to get it aligned properly. I want to replace anything now because if I go in there and they tell me it needs everything well then you know the story I get raped on the price I want to get everything I can done on my own.

Only things I notice on the front of the car are:

My driver side lower ball joint is really greasy but couldnt feel any tears???

My passenger side outer tie rod was leaking a bit but couldnt feel any movement of any sorts????

The last shop that I took the car too they said they couldnt align it that day because lower control arm bushings were bad that was A while ago and I look up there and just cant really say myself that they look bad at all but obviously I need more skill when it comes to this.....
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Outter tie rod ends, inner tie rod ends, lower and upper ball joints, lca bushings, trailling arm bushings, and the camber bar bushings in the rear along with rear lca bushings. So not too much can effect your alignment underneath except everything lol.

The outer tie rod end on mine specifically was throwing the front off. My bushings were almost shot, but he only replaced those and was able to get my front reasonable set. My trailing arm bushing was also close but not too bad so he was able to square my rear up too. As long as the bushings arent blown out and the tie rods are good, they should be able to get you right near the money shot if not right on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah

Last edited by Whoshot; 03-07-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

Would you say not having any play in the tie rod end is good enough that they should align it? Im trying to come at this in a reasonable way so as long as they can align it I can go ahead and replace everything that needs it after or before I just dont know what it is lol and I dont want to keep going back and fourth to the shop if that makes sense.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yeah if you jack up the car and everything feels tight, I would say do it, if there is play try and narrow it down and ask them what they think before you go through it. Hopefully your guy is as honest as mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Thats always the problem for me a good honest shop..........
Old 03-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

X2 I have only one shop I trust around town, and all I have them do is alignments.

But check shocks, BJs, and the major bushings for wear/replace and you should be good to go for an alignment
HB turbo--> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D

A shop I took my car to could absolutely not get my rear passenger wheel to toe in. Thus, the mechanic heated and bent the compensator arm/toe adjustment bar. To this day I have not found the cause of why only ONE of my wheels would not toe in. Will be inspecting tomorrow though
95coupeD16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in