Two Transmissions and a Timing Belt Walk Into A Bar - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Showcase

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Two Transmissions and a Timing Belt Walk Into A Bar

So yesterday I removed my passenger seat and literally drove from lake to lake.

And picked up these. Two SI trans. One is set up for fun with Detent springs..the other is stock.

And scored a new Gates timing belt in the deal.

The deal was so good, it was worth the drive. I spent under 200 bucks with gas included. I think it was the coolest thing I did all summer. Now I can forget about the bent shift fork that is in the trans I am rocking and get back to shifting without frustration.

I also learned that my Z6 build is totally road trip worthy.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_20190804_145005.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	842.7 KB
ID:	126443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_20190805_221650.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	697.3 KB
ID:	126445  

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nasty_Canasta; 08-06-2019 at 04:47 AM.
Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 02:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I've never seen a bent shift fork.

Does the Red Y8 EX transmission have an OBX in it? If so I built it, before 2006.

Also, only one of the three images you posted appear due to Google images sucking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 05:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

lol Bone i have pics saved showing how to check the play in the diff and your recommendations as to how much play there should be on a red transmission.

going to be putting an lsd in my buddys trans soon so i came across the info when doing research on it.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!

I believe it does. That was the bonus trans...so I really haven't gone over it yet other than checking it for shaft play really quickly. They came from Holland / Grand Rapids..

I'm going out to the garage in a little while...so I will give it a good lookover and report back.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Old 08-06-2019, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Your shift fork isn't bent.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Your shift fork isn't bent.
I think I should have re-re-posted about that being an old joke.

Anyway, I bought an Si trans from a dude a while back...and the
thing grinds between 1-2 and 2-3...Makes me feel like I'm a noob when
I'm shifting. "The bent shift fork"...

Old 08-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I've never seen a bent shift fork.

Does the Red Y8 EX transmission have an OBX in it? If so I built it, before 2006.

Also, only one of the three images you posted appear due to Google images sucking.

No OBX. However, something is telling me that this trans isn't what it seems. I have the feeling it was built up and then possibly un-built. Not positive...just a gut feeling. I believe there may be mysteries inside. A caper!

Old 08-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Different trans than the one I built, the casting code is indexed differently.

If the 3-4 fork is worn, I have replacements along with 3-4 hubs and sliders.

I bought 5 sets....

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Nice, dude!

I was actually thinking - Now that I actually have a spare EX trans that doesn't have to be in my car, I could bring it to you and finally pay ya' to make the trans I've always wanted. I've never had an extra EX/SI trans around. Ever. It's always HAD to be in the car I was driving.

Would also give me a reason to bring those slushies to you if you wanted them.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Only slushies I mess with a nearly frozen Beast Ice cans.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2019, 06:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

That sounds like an awesome summer trip. Damn, what a great deal. Are you planning on putting an LSD in the red tranny?
NoShowAllGo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

nice to get in and out with the goods.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 07:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Detent springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty_Canasta View Post
So yesterday I removed my passenger seat and literally drove from lake to lake.

And picked up these. Two SI trans. One is set up for fun with Detent springs..the other is stock.

And scored a new Gates timing belt in the deal.

The deal was so good, it was worth the drive. I spent under 200 bucks with gas included. I think it was the coolest thing I did all summer. Now I can forget about the bent shift fork that is in the trans I am rocking and get back to shifting without frustration.

I also learned that my Z6 build is totally road trip worthy.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Only slushies I mess with a nearly frozen Beast Ice cans.
I can arrange that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShowAllGo4 View Post
That sounds like an awesome summer trip. Damn, what a great deal. Are you planning on putting an LSD in the red tranny?
Dude, I have not taken any kind of road trip by myself since before my boy was born. Felt good to just drive.

Yeah, the other one is going straight into my current engine bay. My current trans is the first trans I've ever picked up with grinds. Drivin' me MAD. Never had a trans with grinds in my life. I now understand the sanity testing frustration of a trans with grinds.

Yep, I plan to build up the red one. Nice to finally have a spare EX or SI trans that can be worked on without it being a rush. I also want an HF 5th gear. That's one thing I miss about my old HF. Doing 75 mph on the freeway at 1100rpm. Hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoof View Post
nice to get in and out with the goods.
Goddam right! I was just making plans to do the timing belt too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92CXyD View Post
Detent springs?
I think the former owner meant that it had been upgraded with Speedfactory (or equivalent) Detent springs. Says it shifts really nice. To be honest, as long as it doesn't grind, I don't give a shit. Dude seems pretty legit so I'm not too worried about any surprises.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

S20/S40 non Del Dol Si 5th is .702. HF 5th is .694. With the same final drive the HF 5th lowers cruising RPM by 50. It makes no difference at all. Unless you have one laying around not worth it. If you do have one laying around, sell it to a hyper miler and profit.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
S20/S40 non Del Dol Si 5th is .702. HF 5th is .694. With the same final drive the HF 5th lowers cruising RPM by 50. It makes no difference at all. Unless you have one laying around not worth it. If you do have one laying around, sell it to a hyper miler and profit.
They will pay nicely for those HF 5th's, sold all mine.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in