Jun's D16 road to 10.5 index - Page 2 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Showcase

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Stepping up your game is never easy, you make it look like it though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Stepping up your game is never easy, you make it look like it though.
It's never easy, otherwise everybody would be doing it. Trying is what matters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 12:59 PM   #23 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I was commenting on your skill as a builder. I know it isn't easy, ever, but if you are prepared and knowledgeable(you), you make others look slow and unbalanced(me, still learning). Thus the fight is yours with a slight kick to the cranium. Keep it up.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

Quote:
I was commenting on your skill as a builder. I know it isn't easy, ever, but if you are prepared and knowledgeable(you), you make others look slow and unbalanced(me, still learning). Thus the fight is yours with a slight kick to the cranium. Keep it up.
Kudos brother, thanks. And yeah I've become accustomed into fixing broken shit which really is my normal yearly routine, and in most cases only leads me into moving forward, there's no other way around it. You have to be willing to spend the money first thing first, then maybe think about actually going fast, then spend more money before you even realized it. Gotta pay to play and trying different parts to see which works and which don't. Thankfully there's companies out there who's willing to back me up with their parts, which really helped when funding's are low. I also got pretty comfortable tuning with hondata which helped a ton when parameter changes is needed on the go, not to mention data logs to monitor the engine and other components behavior. I'm still learning everyday, and it's all thanks to a lot of you guys as well.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

One of the big event we did last month called honda humpday. Basically a battle of turbocharged honda powered cars with a random draw heads up race, so i get to race the big boys heads up Sadly I got eliminated at 3rd round against my buddies 800hp b-series turbo hatch, I treed him and held him all the way to 1/8 mile just didn't have enough top end power to get the win.

Here's a great coverage of the event.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBkTJj_XJI

I can't wait to see what the car could do next season.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Sounds cool except for the B trans.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Sounds cool except for the B trans.
Well, I mean, unless you could provide me with a bullet proof d16 trans with shorter 3rd and 4th that'd be great. Haha.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Send me your trans and be ready to pay the bill. Won't be bullet proof, no trans is, but it will be stronger than a B trans.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
D-series soldier

k-what? It's a JDM Star Bitches....k-what? It's a JDM Star Bitches....k-what? It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

damn jun i can't keep up with all your threads on here lately lol. guess it'd help if i actually got on here more often huh? can't wait to follow along for next season. somehow i have a feeling we will be seeing you go faster than 10.5's next year!

individuality of your car is frowned upon... welcome to the Honda community

Quote:
If youre gonna break shit, do it big enough that you can show it off.
k-what? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #30 (permalink)
D-series soldier

k-what? It's a JDM Star Bitches....k-what? It's a JDM Star Bitches....k-what? It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvtec8k View Post
One of the big event we did last month called honda humpday. Basically a battle of turbocharged honda powered cars with a random draw heads up race, so i get to race the big boys heads up Sadly I got eliminated at 3rd round against my buddies 800hp b-series turbo hatch, I treed him and held him all the way to 1/8 mile just didn't have enough top end power to get the win.

Here's a great coverage of the event.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBkTJj_XJI

I can't wait to see what the car could do next season.
just watched the video.... what is in the mr2?? that thing rolls out!

individuality of your car is frowned upon... welcome to the Honda community

Quote:
If youre gonna break shit, do it big enough that you can show it off.
k-what? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Scott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-what? View Post

K20, that thing goes LOW 9's.

Follow me on instagram: bumperdumperscott
Scott53092 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Fun project for that Edelbrock IM. Having any clearance issues now with it? I didn't at all in my VX chassis with full Z6 and the same IM.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
Send me your trans and be ready to pay the bill. Won't be bullet proof, no trans is, but it will be stronger than a B trans.
That's another possibility if i don't end up going d2b.

Quote:
damn jun i can't keep up with all your threads on here lately lol. guess it'd help if i actually got on here more often huh? can't wait to follow along for next season. somehow i have a feeling we will be seeing you go faster than 10.5's next year!
I don't think 10.50s will come that easy, I kept changing set-ups every season which doesn't help. The beginning of the year is mostly all about dialing in to find that sweet spot, and work with adjustments from there. But there's no doubt I'll be running faster times with enough back half power the next time around.

Quote:

That Mr2 is being powered by a K24 with 67mm on ethanol making close to a 1000hp. More than half of these cars are tuned by my tuner Mikey.

Okay so let's move on to fabrications... I removed the giant front face intercooler last night and started measuring the whole front dimension of the car. It looks like i will be able to get away with running a 4" core intercooler 25x13x3" or even 27x4" with the front face manifold. After a good hour of searching the net I found this for a fairly reasonable prize.

4" core, 3" inlet/outlet, and about 27" end to end length with 3" cold side charge pipings.. FTW!!

Also Walbro 450 is only around $100 bucks nowadays which is also a win.

Then found Danz car while looking for 62mm D16 dyno graphs.. This gives me an idea of the manifold turbo intercoolaer placement.. He's probably out there reading this like, Jun's a stalker! Lmao!

Last edited by jvtec8k; 10-06-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

My car made it to the headlines! Holy Chytt!! Haha.. This is cool

http://maxspeedmedia.com/civic-d16-t...n-gtr-alpha-7/
Old 10-06-2015, 01:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

Fuck yeah duder, that is something I would print and cherish. Then go make a faster one and take on more fools in $80,000 plus super cars.

My favorite quote?

"For someone who was destroying just about every car at the track that drove in that day (and plenty of trailered cars as well) he sure was cool about it. He was totally respectful to the drivers of the cars he crushed that day. Which is why I’m writing about Jun. He deserves respect for what he’s accomplished."

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 10-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Fuck yeah duder, that is something I would print and cherish. Then go make a faster one and take on more fools in $80,000 plus super cars.

My favorite quote?

"For someone who was destroying just about every car at the track that drove in that day (and plenty of trailered cars as well) he sure was cool about it. He was totally respectful to the drivers of the cars he crushed that day. Which is why I’m writing about Jun. He deserves respect for what he’s accomplished."
Roger that! Printing in progress

Old 10-07-2015, 01:50 AM   #37 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Fun project for that Edelbrock IM. Having any clearance issues now with it? I didn't at all in my VX chassis with full Z6 and the same IM.
Sorry I've missed your question. Yes, it barely fits and i usually have to fight with it each time i change headgaskets.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

^Interesting! I had a EX coupe chassis, but never rocked anything but stock components under the hood of that one. Never really had that issue though. Hmmm.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Congrats on the fame!! Well deserved!!

have you looked into getting a more efficient IC? Been doing some research and a smaller more efficient core will be much better than a huge inefficient one. I recently just got a Garrett core IC.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
^Interesting! I had a EX coupe chassis, but never rocked anything but stock components under the hood of that one. Never really had that issue though. Hmmm.
Yeah I'm not sure that my speedfactory thermal gasket being thicker has something to do with the clearance..

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
Congrats on the fame!! Well deserved!!

have you looked into getting a more efficient IC? Been doing some research and a smaller more efficient core will be much better than a huge inefficient one. I recently just got a Garrett core IC.
Thanks bro. I'm trying to open the turbo and see if i could fix it by Sunday. I also found out the topmount wastegate flange has a crack on it, so i dropped it off the shop to get welded and have brackets added to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in