A not-so brief history of my 1992 Si Hatch - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Showcase

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default A not-so brief history of my 1992 Si Hatch

Sep 08
When I bought it, bone stock, rough around the edges...

D16Z6 with lots of miles and lots of OH GOD ITS UGLY KILL IT

Interior was clean though.

Washed the shit off the VC and degreased everything.

Oct 08
Got a new VC, wire brushed it, painted it crinkle black.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!

Nov 08
Turbo kit finally arrives after being held up in customs for 3 weeks. Ugh.

Parts pile for the winter.

Dec 08
Replaced rusted-out tailgate.

Jan 09
Installed Rotas and Vibrant Exhaust

Feb 09
Installed the turbo kit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mar 09
Decided that the Emanage is gay and I hated it. Sold it for 300 bucks. Bought chipped p28 with basemap for 175 bucks. PROFIT.

Installed a dumb lip.

Painted the muffler black.

Apr 09
Decided that I wanted more boost. Bought Motorola 2.5bar MAP, used RC 370CC injectors, resistor box, and a basemap chip for the injectors and MAP.

Installed a big ass front mount, painted black of course.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicskata

nice progress on the hatch, got a 93 si myself. Cant wait till mines boosted, loving the black intercooler, they wont see it coming lol
civicskata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

May 09
Junkyard hood, dumb lip removed.

Installed EGT sensor and gauge.

Bought an LSD Motorsports clutch.

Jun 09
Got off my ass and installed the clutch... and... it slips. My fault, I didn't buy enough clutch from LSD.

Aug 09
Fenders welded in, I did some sanding and finishing and then sprayed them with primer.

Oct 09
Much needed brake rotors and pads.

PAINT!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Rep Power: 34 dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to dougshatch

put the lip back in y0! im dead serious it looks good w/ lip!

the paint color looks greaaat

and the license plate's fucking awesome! lol

My kanjozoku project

dougshatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nov 09
Installed a used ACT HDG6 6 puck sprung that I bought. No more slipping!

Dyno time finally. 180whp/175ft-lbs

Jan 10
Diamond Racing Wheels. Rotas are gone.

Mar 10
Put summer tires on, lowered 1.5".

Old 05-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Apr 10
Z6 timing belt snaps. Put a new belt on, motor has HARDCORE blowby issue. Blows oil out through VC breather and seizes. Swapped in a ZC nonvtec.

Installed a BEE-R 2step.

Dyno time again! Can't have a ZC on a Z6 tune, that's asking for trouble! This time made 211whp/208ft-lbs on the same dyno.

Cleaned the hell out of my interior after another gross winter.

And that's how she sits as of late. I'm taking it to the track, weather permitting, on Friday. Hoping to trap 105-110 mph.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Aphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

BAH! i needz your black interior!! give mes now!!

car looks fresh man!
Aphexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
I need to be spoon-fed

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

damn, that all looks nice, RIP z6.
96civiccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Glad to see you here Sentry

Car is looking good, nice numbers with the new tune!

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah still lurking TurboD16 but it's just not active enough and I need to feed the D addiction.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
one grumpy old man

Rep Power: 18 Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!
Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

looking good.

FARMYARD
10.677 @ 136.54 vitara z6/y8 2013
10.967 @ 129.57 vitara z6/y8 2012
10.437 @ 133.72 vitara a6/y8 2011
10.583 @ 137.00 vitara a6/y8 2010
Darin T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Dude, you rock! lol, good job on everything, looks real clean after paint .

Edit: Where is your EGT gauge, didn't notice it in the interior? Also, you has bewst gauge?

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

how did you make 30 more hp with a 1.5 non vtec...

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

1.6 nonvtec. It's the same as an A6.

If you look at the first graph it spikes to 12 then tapers off to like 8 psi and it made sweet dick all for power up there. I fixed the spike issue and for the new motor it goes to 13.5 then tapers to 11.5-12 psi towards redline.

Boost and EGT are up on the driver's A pillar.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
1.6 nonvtec. It's the same as an A6.

If you look at the first graph it spikes to 12 then tapers off to like 8 psi and it made sweet dick all for power up there. I fixed the spike issue and for the new motor it goes to 13.5 then tapers to 11.5-12 psi towards redline.

Boost and EGT are up on the driver's A pillar.
you should post pics of gauges , i just love gauges lol

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Brace yourselves gentlemen, you are now clinging to the bumper of my car.

First time ever at the track so I didn't expect much... 2.4 60ft, 14.2 at 103 mph. Made 3 passes.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

NIce fucking vid. different too i like it! wish i could rep you

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mrjdm

nice project yo!
Advertisement

Tags
11s, eagle, gt30, sleeper, srp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in