06 Ranger VS. Lots of Things - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic
Default 06 Ranger VS. Lots of Things

Took my dads ranger out tonight to meet up with a few of my buddies. One has a late 90s ranger 2WD with a 3.0 V6 Automatic. The other has an 86 F-150 with 4WD and no exhuast and a 2inch TB spacer and K&N Filter with a 4spd. My dads ranger is a 4.0 V6 with a K&N intake and Gibson Catback and a 4.10 rear with a Limited Slip. Well i smoked both of those trucks everytime we tried. Than a 99-00 EX with a 5spd, fart can and Intake(? he had an AEM sticker) was tryin to mess with us. He got right up on my bumper and than shot to my right and tried to run me. Well, i hammered it and walked away from him like it was nothing. Than we got to a stoplight and he tried to run me there, well that was no contest, i had 6 lengths on him in no time. Than he tried from a 60 roll and i started to pull him right away, i took it up to 100 and by that time I was gone. I had my camera but i left it in the truck and the cold zapped the battery. That truck is pretty damn quick i must say
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Meh, I've driven a 4.0 with the manual tranny, decent thrust and handling, fun... but I could never see the stoplights because the roof went too far forward. Annoying! I had to darn near set my cheek on the steering wheel just to see up to the light.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

i have a 98 ranger 4.0L for a work truck, and even with all the weight of the 3door topper, and my equipment, N/A civics dont stand a chance.....

i like it, i am not sure of the rear end, what ever stock is ( i've never searched for it )

that and this one loves it when you powerbrake/launch it

foot on brake hold down while giving it gas, right at the point it wont hold anymore.....

green light and GoNE................

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us

Last edited by " Low "; 01-30-2008 at 07:57 PM.
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

LOL at you racing with your DADS truck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
every truck driver has done it, that's why we still want/buy trucks.....

a fast truck beats a mediumly fast car ANYDAY.....

Old 01-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

yeah, i launched it once and chirpped 1-2. Bitch got up and walked the 150 like it was a toy. The civic was hilarious trying to run me. He would get so close than id let him have it. I never did get to catch him at a light again.
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 01-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
I race in our Crown Vic too. I beat a GS-T in it.
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 01-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5Slowmatic View Post
I race in our Crown Vic too. I beat a GS-T in it.
well, that really ain't saying much, i mean it is a mitsu.....

Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Well?

hahaha true dat. Ive gotten a 4cyl. accord with a fart can and what not too. everytime i go out i never find anything good to mess with.
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 01-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

1.5Slowmatic FOR THE WIN!!!! LOLOLOL

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Well?

damn skippy, to bad my car wont be a 1.5 or a slowmatic when its done. lol id prob. give my left nut for that cobra
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Going back to talking about the ranger.I had a 02 reg cab with the 4.0 and auto.With intake and exhaust it went 15.1 in the quarter,and I've heard of a few being faster than that

90 Civic EX Sedan
Sohc ZC block/z6 head converted to obd1 w/chipped p28/I/H/E,rear disc conversion,on ebay coilovers.-SOLD

90 Civic hatchback std
multipoint D16a6/Si tranny-SOLD
90D16A6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Well?

yeah i would assume this is a 14 second truck. The new 4.0 is a lot better than the older ones. Its the same one from the mustang, plus with the 5Spd auto and 4.10 rear, it smokes.

O, BTW, wiped an early 2000's maxima tonight in the crown vic and a chick in a tiburon with fart cans last night
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 02-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....

I love racing cars with a truck. my 98 GMC 4x4 was so fun to mess around in cuz it had 265/75LT16 tires on it (32" tall roughy) and was basically stock. I had a Full size truck doing donuts, burnouts and was able to chirp the tires in the 1-2 shift if i gave it the right throttle input. My civic can't touch the truck off the line, but they have completey different powerbands and the truck would start to get slow after 100mph. My 4.3L felt a helluva lot more powerful with over 200k on the odo than a broken in 04 F-150 with the 5.4L triton. those are worthless IMO...

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Well?

ford de-tuned the new 5.4 from the factory. it really is lacking in power. Just a tuner will do wonders for those trucks. I cant wait for the new 6.2L OHC motor to go into the 150's and the mustang. The ranger is rolling on 31x10.5s
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 brandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropesbrandenj is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

i have a 4banger mazda bseries truck aka ford ranger 4banger as my2nd vehicle and i still find myself racing random ass people who usually kick my ass, i always think God I Wish I Had My Sol Right Now
brandenj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Well?

yeah, the 2.3 is kinda pathetic. im glad that the only car i gotta worry about being smoked in is my moms corolla. Ive had a few times that i wish i had my sol instead of it
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

i used to love racing big trucks especially modded diesels

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Well?

The Cummins and powerstrokes can haul ass if done right. I know a few guys running big numbers in them. A guy that works with my dad went to Wyotech for diesel and built his own Cummins engine. 750 hp and 1450 ft/lbs to the wheels
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 02-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5Slowmatic View Post
The Cummins and powerstrokes can haul ass if done right. I know a few guys running big numbers in them. A guy that works with my dad went to Wyotech for diesel and built his own Cummins engine. 750 hp and 1450 ft/lbs to the wheels
Powerstrokes can make big power, but their quality is a tad sketchy.
Cummins have the most potential of all of the big 3 (chev, ford, dodge) with some people modifying them to the point where the intake can crumple air filters and buckle down the hood under full throttle (awesome!)

Duramax's are an awesome choice as well with a bucketload of brutal torque. It will pin you back in your seat with the right setup.

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in