93 DX D16A (ZC VTEC - not enabled) VS SRT-8 Jeep - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 93 DX D16A (ZC VTEC - not enabled) VS SRT-8 Jeep

Sooo I'm on the freeway, headed home, just bein my regular asshole self that HAS to be ahead of the pack... when I notice tall looking HID headlights sniffin my rearend like a K-9 in the rear view. Anyhoo, we get next to each other at 80 miles an hour, I rip it into third as he pulls away, I'm expecting the 8 pounds I'm runnin to take him down once I finally reach full boost, but no! That mother trucker had the audacity to keep pullin away even after 115+! I was friggin shocked... it kinda reminded me of the feeling when I blew my d15b7.

Anyways he turned out to be pretty chill, but my question is this, have any of you raced and SRT-8 Jeep on the freeway? If so, what was the outcome and your setup? I should mention I'm still using my old d15b7 Neptune basemap(PO6 ECU) and my VTEC is not currently hooked up, (I know I know, that will change soon, but in the meantime I'm friggin broke haha) AND I'm using a DX tranny with a T3/T4 TO4E turbo.

Thanks.
Markcous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 05:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

there pretty damn fast.. i think low 13's? i cant remember what my buddy was running
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

hmmm... seemed like my d15b7 with the one cam setting woulda done better up there in the high end haha... ahhh just gotta get programmed

Old 12-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 lostinmyownworld will become famous soon enoughlostinmyownworld will become famous soon enoughlostinmyownworld will become famous soon enough

wait.... the 500 hp ones..... they are nasty......

Quote:
scammers should be tortured, sent through a meat grinder and packaged for their parents to eat.
Quote:
I just heard screams of YES in the garage and went running...they got the tranny mated up with the block! Levi, we need that woo hooo pic again! it fought, but in the words of duck, "fuck you, i win!"
:bravo:
lostinmyownworld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

500? the 2006 one i looked up only had 420... and i use the word "only" lightly haha
Old 12-16-2007, 01:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

yeah they are running 13s smokin all four tires. haha that much power and torque from a roll.... mmmmm
Old 12-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Bcivic View Post
there pretty damn fast.. i think low 13's? i cant remember what my buddy was running
That's what I thought as well.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

ive seen run 13.3's and trap around 103-105 at my local track... bone stock
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 13 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

my buddy has an 01 stang gt, with just i/h/e, and we raced a black on from a light and it probably got 3 lengths on him by 60mph

don't they come stock with like 20's too? crazy chrysler's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- My Egg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

I raced one a while back in my hatch. I was eaten alive from a dig but didn't seem that much faster from a roll. They're 425hp at the crank and weight almost 5000lbs. There are some upgrades available right at the dealership that make them quite fast, maybe you ran into an upgraded one.
DickCheese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

not to mention they are SICK looking.
JoeyOKC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

driven a couple on the job (valet) pretty quick... and nice on the inside to
<3MYEDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3MYEDs View Post
oh shit, not again.:noway:
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3MYEDs View Post
oh shit not again.

:noway:
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 01:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series Champ

Rep Power: 15 4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to 4drturboD Send a message via Yahoo to 4drturboD

never raced one. but i've driven a few, and no jeep should be that fast.
4drturboD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

yeah i agree... apparently being stuck on the low cam does pretty shitty on the higher rpms, go figure. -_-

Last edited by Markcous; 01-23-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 01-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

ffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the sky

i think i saw one on this infomercial thing that they thried to pase off as a show for the SRT line up on SPEED a yr or two ago and i liked it

Back in a Civic, but I still want a hatchabck
Quote:
By 91crxsiD16
fast+good=not cheap
fast+cheap=not good
cheap+good=not fast
Rule number 1 of Car Culture: Unless it's life threateningly stupid, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong.
ffdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

ffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the skyffdrifter is about to kiss the sky

check this out http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...en-US%26sa%3DN
11.49 et thats pretty damb fast for a car that wieghts as mush as two civics

Back in a Civic, but I still want a hatchabck
Quote:
By 91crxsiD16
fast+good=not cheap
fast+cheap=not good
cheap+good=not fast
Rule number 1 of Car Culture: Unless it's life threateningly stupid, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong.
ffdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 08:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Damn, that is sick! I hate it when family vehicle's, especially SUCrap comes that fast in stock form. What's the point? O well...
clubEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

ya, i raced one at the pomona raceway...sohc d15b7, with z6 manifold, headers,etc..all upgrades equal up to 134 h.p....i got smoked...i ran a 14.92 and he ran like a 13.20ish? there f'in fast
crackin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in