NASA Honda Challenge - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Psychoblue23
Default NASA Honda Challenge

Hoping this is the best place for this...

I did a search and didnt find anything on the subject. I have been reading over the rules, and have become very interested in trying this out. Not anytime soon of coarse, thinking 2009 season. Have to aquire license, not to mention build/buy a car.

Was jsut wondering if anyone here on D-series has thought about it, or is even actually racing in this series. Spec Miata is also a possibility but I am more of a honda fan, and I own a CRX which according to the rules I think I can run in H5 or H4. anyways, its deff interesting, for those who have nto heard of it.. heres the link. I would deff like to ehar some comments, info, or even if anyone has experience in the series.

www.westcoastHC.com

theres also a lot more info on the NASA forums, they ahve a section for Honda Challenge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Current Daily

- Family Car
Psychoblue23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I would love to run HC but I don't have the time/money.

Even more than that, I would love to run Spec Focus.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 06:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
inh
My sig is longer than yours

inh It's a JDM Star Bitches....inh It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

HC would be sweet, but I dont have the time =[ I'm looking in to doing as many HPDE courses as I can next year though :tu:

- Earn money for receiving text messaged offers

inh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....

Yea same here... I have time to think about it.. so thats why I posted it up here. Hopefully someone on here is into it, that way I can get some good info/advice.

anyone?

- Current Daily

- Family Car
Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

lol myt buddy wants me and him to run spec focus lol, i dont need another car lol

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 02:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

NASA HC drivers tend to trade paint ALOT more than SCCA racers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Yea I was watching a few videos on the sight... it looks liek it gets rough.. still looks fun tho

- Current Daily

- Family Car
Old 11-23-2007, 07:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 REDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

H4 or H5 is the way to go...just spend all your money on a quality WELDED in cage and safety gear...learn to drive first then buy the power parts.

It is expensive...figure at least $700.00 per weekend and that is if you dont break.

NASA is where I feel more comfortable due to a more relaxed atmosphere then SCCA...plus who can compete with the IT racers budgets? Not me!

WIsh I was in Calli where all the HC action is!
REDRAGN53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Dragn thats pretty much the plan, start of small focus more on becoming a better driver.

Wow $700 a weekend... I may have to wait longer than a year if thats the cost even for H5

Id like to know how you have your car set up in H4 Dragn. Thx for the info!

- Current Daily

- Family Car

Last edited by Psychoblue23; 11-29-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i dont know much about the subject but i would love to attend their open track days. march 07 issue of imoprt tuner has a good article on nasa racing. the title is learn to drive for $150. it sounds easy enough to at least get some track time with other drivers.here's the link
http://www.importtuner.com/features/...ing/index.html
wright_now is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Yea NASA events are cheap but because of that there are a lot of cars, and only four 20 minute sessions.

After doing more research this may have to wait a few years.. I think I might just focus on running HPDE events and getting my Comp License. 24 hour lemons at thunder hill would be sweet. Anyone got a running hatch or CRX they want to donate LOL

- Current Daily

- Family Car
Old 12-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 REDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropesREDRAGN53 is starting to learn the ropes

HPDE is def the way to start...just do as many as you can afford.

Really all you need are good tires and brakes.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ItsMeBraulio Send a message via MSN to ItsMeBraulio

I weas thinking about But sounds like some cash to spend.. and your whole weekend Do they Allow Boosted Engines In these Challenges ? I thought they didn't..
ItsMeBraulio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

yup NASA is the shizzle thats why i'm a member of their forum just so i can see what the skinny on all the ups and downs.

http://www.nasaforums.com

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Yea I have 2 friends who rana few events this year, and unfortunately the cars I have were both not ready to see the track.. This year I will be ready tho..

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRAGN53 View Post
HPDE is def the way to start...just do as many as you can afford.

Really all you need are good tires and brakes.
Would you suggest I upgrade the brakes on the crx? I have read the stock discs up front and rear drums wont hold up well.

- Current Daily

- Family Car
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Typical NASA crashfest I assume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Typical NASA crashfest I assume?
crashfest?! uh, i think i won't be doing that you work pretty extensivily hard on a car just to be some what decent and idiot wipes you out i'll fucking out right piss. trading paint happen but doing it on purpose. i won't attemp anything on the track in fear of not be allow back on the track, but when i'm off track it's on like fried neck bones and homefries.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2007, 05:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoblue23 View Post
Would you suggest I upgrade the brakes on the crx? I have read the stock discs up front and rear drums wont hold up well.
We have a guy who races in the Southeast with a 1998 Dx Coupe on stock brakes front and rear drums...only upgrade is SS lines, fluid, and Hawk Blue pads. He is fast and the brakes work well for him.

Just make sure your car is in good working order and it will he more than fine for HPDE duty. There you will learn how much farther you can push it than you would have ever guessed.

If I were you I would go with SS brake lines, new fluid (get the highest wet boiling point you can find at Auto Zone), new Auto Zone rotors if yours are worn, and some decent pads...see my post in the product review forum.

All this would run you around $200.00 if you DIY and would last several track days of hard use.

Double check your suspension bushings and make sure none are torn as this would induce unpredictable handling.

Now add some decent tires (Azenis) and your ready to learn.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

DRAGN

Yea I have the bushings... SS lines will be here in a few weeks, Once I start working again the car will be in the garage getting a major tune up.

Trans, HPDE is not a crashfest, maybe HC is... but NASA is pretty strict against cars hitting each other. If your close enough to trade paint then your too close is what the inst. say at the drivers meeting haha. Your there to learn not win a trophy. However, there are some risks involved. Our last trip to Thunderhill resulted in a cracked foglight, a few scratches in the paint and a cracked windsheild from a moron in a S2K. He was letting a faster car pass, and by doing so went to far to the left and went off track spitting rocks all over the place.

- Current Daily

- Family Car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in