92 EG versus 08 Scion XB - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Acid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default 92 EG versus 08 Scion XB

So it was really late at night, on an empty freeway and i seen this brand new xb (the really ugly ones). Well, i'm cruising at about 80-85 (Average speed) and i was coming up on his lane... and just as i got to him, he downshifted and took off. So naturally i'm not one to hesitate and i dropped it into 4th.

Anyway, i was blown away because he had actually started inching on me and pulling away. I felt disgusted that a scion xb could beat my car...

Basically took it to the top of 4th and he just kept pulling inch by inch.. By the time i hit the top of 4th (~115) he had put about 3 cars between myself and him. I decided to let off as i had already flown by my exit.. haha.

The whole race only lasted around a minute, and by the time it was over i was dissapointed.

But then i found out that the new xb's have 160hp camry engines and i was shocked i even kept up how i did.

Yes yes, street racing is bad, but i didnt do it around traffic in any way.. again, empty freeway. late at night. no witnesses...

Short story, i kept up with a 160hp car (mostly) in my little untuned sohc!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MANUAL SWAP [
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]

(SOLD!) White '92 Civic Hatch: D15B7 Manual (Swapped!) - Butt-dyno chp: ~130 - AEM CAI, JG bored Throttle Body, AEM Fuel Rail, Edelbrock Performer X IM, A6 Camshaft, Y7 Cam Gear, Edelbrock Shorty Header, DNX 2.5" muffler
Acid X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 slowex98  is accepted as part of the communityslowex98  is accepted as part of the communityslowex98  is accepted as part of the communityslowex98  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

dang that sucks they have torque too. and more horses so the way to fix that is the hose or an ls1 swap lol

slowex98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Acid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropesAcid X is starting to learn the ropes

Haha, either it sucks for their car or rocks for me. One of the two!

MANUAL SWAP [
]

(SOLD!) White '92 Civic Hatch: D15B7 Manual (Swapped!) - Butt-dyno chp: ~130 - AEM CAI, JG bored Throttle Body, AEM Fuel Rail, Edelbrock Performer X IM, A6 Camshaft, Y7 Cam Gear, Edelbrock Shorty Header, DNX 2.5" muffler

Old 11-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

yeh, but the XB weighs a ton compared to an EG, Power to weight is the key. The XB has the same engine as the TC as well, Im not sure how well you would do against a 5spd TC..... THey weigh alot too, so you might out run one of those as well

hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2007, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondajosh View Post
yeh, but the XB weighs a ton compared to an EG, Power to weight is the key. The XB has the same engine as the TC as well, Im not sure how well you would do against a 5spd TC..... THey weigh alot too, so you might out run one of those as well

Shouldn't be a problem for him.

I myself ran 2 Tc's.

1st one was an auto from a 45 roll. Pulled him 3 cars and shut down at 90.
2nd was a 5 speed trd edition with intake from a dig. Got him 3 times atleast by 2 cars.

99 ek hatch - i/h/e - timing play. - gutted rear end
DailyDriven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDriven View Post
Shouldn't be a problem for him.

I myself ran 2 Tc's.

1st one was an auto from a 45 roll. Pulled him 3 cars and shut down at 90.
2nd was a 5 speed trd edition with intake from a dig. Got him 3 times atleast by 2 cars.

99 ek hatch - i/h/e - timing play. - gutted rear end
hmmm... my mazda walks mine and my friends hondas with similar mods to yours in similar cars. i got walked in that same mazda by a tc with boltons from 50-110 ... tc's are rated around low 15s in the 1/4 and a dx/lx is going to have a damn hard time winning that race. plus power to weight ratios are similar, but the tc's have a lot more torque. those new xb's are misleading arent they haha the old ones were stupid slow
Old 12-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

i ran against the new XB and the TC and i beat them both on the freeway they were my friends cars and they wanted to see how fast is my car since i did the motor mini me swap on my car
EG6civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series Champ

Rep Power: 15 4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness4drturboD is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to 4drturboD Send a message via Yahoo to 4drturboD

i absolutely demolished one of those xb's the other day. the guy was revvin at me and ricin it out. i launched at a modest 3k and he never had a chance.
4drturboD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 lostinmyownworld will become famous soon enoughlostinmyownworld will become famous soon enoughlostinmyownworld will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drturboD View Post
i absolutely demolished one of those xb's the other day. the guy was revvin at me and ricin it out. i launched at a modest 3k and he never had a chance.

i raced one(tc) down from a stop light to a stop light.... he murdered me ..... come to find out... it was turbod.... yet you couldnt hear it at all over his music... then i raced a nother xb...... killed it

Quote:
scammers should be tortured, sent through a meat grinder and packaged for their parents to eat.
Quote:
I just heard screams of YES in the garage and went running...they got the tranny mated up with the block! Levi, we need that woo hooo pic again! it fought, but in the words of duck, "fuck you, i win!"
:bravo:
lostinmyownworld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

stop racing toasters

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway View Post
stop racing toasters
lol

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

id be really really sad if i lost to an xb.. and i wouldnt really brag about beating one lol

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

i wont even waste my gas racing one.. i was driving down the highway at like 65 and one came up next to me revving and shit.. he downshifted and took off.i waited till his back bumper was at my front bumper before i hit the gas. i stayed in 5th gear and blew by him like he was in reverse..
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

ive had a TC with a big exhaust and intake(thats all that i can tell) run up on me in the sol. I stayed in 3rd gear and he was comin ahrd on me. by the time we stopped, he was only like 2 cars ahead. im almost positive i could beat him if i had shifted it into 2nd or from a dig.
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yeah, i remember that i raced a TC before i did my manual swap, i did an 80 drop (into 3rd gear, auto) and beat him till around 100. At that time my car shifted into fourth and couldnt keep pulling hard, no power... TC cruised by me like nada.

I'll find a tc one of these days to rematch and eat alive with the new si tranny

MANUAL SWAP [
]

Old 12-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 shoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropesshoyuburner is starting to learn the ropes
Question

Arent those new xb's 600 lbs heavier also. Even though it has the camrys 2.4 some of the magazines said it's gain was offset by the added weight. Anybody ever race an Element?
fab cat back with magnaflow muffler
skunk2 stage 1 cam
aem cam gear
ported intake
60mm throttle body
B&M shifter
Tokico suspension
skunk2 coilover sleeves
Ebay adjustable camber plates
chipped ecu
shoyuburner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
El Noob

Rep Power: 27 LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....LoSt GhoSt Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to LoSt GhoSt

Raced a TC at the track about 3 weeks ago. On my MK1 MR2 (Stock). Got me off the line but pretty much stayed with him. Not very fast. I know he had an exhuast.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt GhoSt View Post
Raced a TC at the track about 3 weeks ago. On my MK1 MR2 (Stock). Got me off the line but pretty much stayed with him. Not very fast. I know he had an exhuast.
Tc's are balls slow.My gf drives an 08. 160hp and about as much torque in a 2900 pound car car.The supercharger upgrade is nice but thats about it speed wise,unless you go turbo.The interior is pretty pimp though, reclining rear seats and dual sun roofs ftw. I think car&driver road tested one to 15.7-15.6 bone stock and the 0-60 is also faster then the new si (which also kinda sucks)

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway View Post
stop racing toasters
I would rather race a dustbuster, a.k.a. chevy lumina van

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 02:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

Whats faster an Element or XB?
moesho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in