99 Ek Hatch vs. 05 Scion Tc TRD Edition - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 99 Ek Hatch vs. 05 Scion Tc TRD Edition

Talked to a guy in one of my classes and he tells me he drives a Scion Tc.
He asked me if I wanted to race to see if he can beat me since I'm gutted and Hondas have a reputation for being quick. We agree to run after school in an industrial area where there're no cars.

My 99 Ek Hatch - Intake, Header, Exhaust, Timing play, gutted rear end.
His 05 Tc - K&N Intake and Filter

1st run;

We line up and he agrees to honk 3 times. I rev up to 3.5k rpms and I'm assuming he revved up much higher. I hear the 3rd honk and pop the clutch with minimal traction problems. I look into my sideview mirror and see him spinning tire into 2nd gear. Shut down at 65 with me 3 cars ahead.

2nd run;

We line up, this time it's my honk. Rev up same as before and launch with minimal traction problems just as before. This time he didn't spin as much and stayed a bit closer. At the top of 2nd gear I had him at 2 - 2 1/5 cars.

3rd run;

A friend of mine gets behind us and honks. We both hook pretty good with me a car ahead. I throw it in second and look to see him in my rear view turning around. Said he missed 2nd gear.

He's not neccesarly a bad driver but he could use some practice.
DailyDriven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 99redek is learning the way of the D99redek is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

let me see pics of ur EK
99redek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2007, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

I'll upload the rest later on

Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

When i got my silver ek hatch i wanted a blue one and couldnt find they were next to nill to find.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

could have sworn it was a DAP color hbk. either way, vids or it did not happen.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2007, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
could have sworn it was a DAP color hbk. either way, vids or it did not happen.

Do the math.
I weigh less than 2200 and crank out just enough power to make the hatch move. He weighs 2900+ with 160hp and can't drive.

I'll make sure to record it just for you next time.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 Y8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

hahaha!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Y8pwrdEf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

yeah my bet is he cant drive... ive raced bolton tc's with good drivers and they are pretty quick.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 MadScientist is obviously a regularMadScientist is obviously a regularMadScientist is obviously a regularMadScientist is obviously a regularMadScientist is obviously a regularMadScientist is obviously a regularMadScientist is obviously a regularMadScientist is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MadScientist Send a message via MSN to MadScientist Send a message via Yahoo to MadScientist

nice kill, its always funny how there are some crappy drivers out there. My g/f drives a TC, and its always cute how she tries to race me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T3 Super 60 - RCAutoworks build.

MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sohchx is learning the way of the Dsohchx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
nice kill, its always funny how there are some crappy drivers out there. My g/f drives a TC, and its always cute how she tries to race me.
WOW!! Same here man!! My wife talks shit to me all the time about how she would smoke me in her 08 TC.But she will never line up with me.When we're in seperate cars she always makes a point to do the ricer flyby on me
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

how do you weigh less than 2200? i weighed my 2000 ej dx and subtracting my own weight i got 2280 on a quarter tank of gas or so... no way you could lose 80+ lbs by gutting just the rear end; you'd have to gut almost the whole car lol. i realize its not really that relevant, but keeping your facts accurate makes a story more believable imo.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in