Fun death to local guy's Civic.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al
Default Fun death to local guy's Civic..

While heading home tonight, I rolled passed what appeared to be a black 99-00 Civic Si and recognized the car. The locals say its quick and know my car is not so I just continued slowly past him in the left lane until, low & behold, there's another EM1-looking car!

This one was red with a body kit and 17" wheels. I figured what the hell, :jesus: wants me to run an Si tonight. I roll up along side the guy in third at about 55 and wait for the hit (I should of been in 2nd with my tall LX gears and tire height.) He guns it and proceeds to pwn me by about 4 cars at 90 mph. He drops back behind me and tells me to pull over so we pull into Taco Bell with his compadre in the black coupe.

The dude I ran had a '00 B16A2 with I/H/E, JDM ITR cams, clutch & some ECU tuning I believe; no shame to losing in a '93 EX coupe with just I/E and tall-as-phuck LX trans & 24.2" tires. I was glad I raced the "ricier" Civic, his cousins black coupe had an '01 GSR swap + B16B cams, I/H/E, clutch + flywheel, chipped ECU & a few other misc. mods. I'm guessing a solid mid-low 13's car on street tires, maybe 12's on slicks.

The funny thing was they were both EJ8 EX's that were converted to look like EM1's, but nice cars none the less... I need boost.
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Getting a tranny would be a good cheap upgrade.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2007, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 freidaddy  is slowly gaining respectfreidaddy  is slowly gaining respectfreidaddy  is slowly gaining respectfreidaddy  is slowly gaining respectfreidaddy  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to freidaddy

^^X2^^

:america: :america: :america: :america:
Deployment coming soon,starting to save money for:
1. S2000 :haha:
2. Project 300+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
congratz....you just made me punch ANOTHER baby.....
Quote:
thats like someone in a supercharged mustang taking pride in beating a Geo in a drag race.
Quote:
we ALL know n00bs dont search....
freidaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 Rease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow upRease3 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rease3 Send a message via Yahoo to Rease3

and smaller wheels

Rease3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Si trans and 13's with 175/60's!!! :mikej:

Last edited by DirtyDC4; 09-24-2007 at 08:31 PM.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

/\ /\ Too bad I drive an EX with 10.3" brakes or else it would rock some VX 13"s and Nitto DR's!

Yeah, I threw in the LX tranny because the original EX unit was trashed from the previous owner (22 year old chick, had the car the last 5 years and learned to drive a stick on it & maintained it horribly..)

I'll have Mista Bone rebuild it with an OBX lsd and maybe a shorter final drive. My 15x7" Slipstreams are staying, but the 195/60/15 Kuhmo KR21 rain tires screw up any shot at short gearing without a custom tranny. I'm still very happy with my slow car and am getting 37 miles per gallon with about 35% city / 65% highway driving.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I have a set of 13x7's that will clear the big brakes, 21.5" OD

A little "hard" since the last time I autox on them was 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

/\ /\ Sweet!! Wouldn't that alone give me like 12% shorter gearing vs the 24.2" tires? I really should send you my EX tranny for a custom rebuild man, 6G LX trans + tall tires = SLOOW...
Old 09-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I wasn't thinking VX wheels or even steelies.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I have a set of 13x7's that will clear the big brakes, 21.5" OD
FTW!

Last edited by DirtyDC4; 09-25-2007 at 06:32 PM.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 EG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Import Al View Post
I was glad I raced the "ricier" Civic, his cousins black coupe had an '01 GSR swap + B16B cams, I/H/E, clutch + flywheel, chipped ECU & a few other misc. mods. I'm guessing a solid mid-low 13's car on street tires, maybe 12's on slicks.
I highly doubt that car would run mid to low 13's. Its in an EX Coupe. maybe in a DX coupe.
EG8SIR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2007, 01:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

/\ /\ I don't know man.. With no rear interior/seat belts/insulation in the back it should weigh about what a DX does. All the power features & sunroof should keep it about the same. I only got to look under his hood for a minute, but his setup had some stuff he didn't mention too like fuel rail & FPR, Phenolic IM gasket, a vacuum gauge some other N/A crap he wouldn't divulge since he didn't know me and I know where he parks to sleep lol.

But remember where I live; sunny California. A magical land of earthquakes, crowded streets, pollution and violence. But its the people that make the Golden State special.. the kind of folks that spend frivolously to turn 17 second ULEV Hondas into a sub-14 second N/A tire fryers. Why? I have no freakin' clue, turbo D's are cheaper lol.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

When did you get the trans in? I need to come over there and do a little lake county rice whoopin! hit me up Al.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDEF View Post
I wasn't thinking VX wheels or even steelies.....

FTW!
Like the ones in my sig.:mikej::IHI::mikej:

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 06:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fabtoys

import al I got a 92-95 del sol si d16z6 trans if you are needed a trans
$150 located in discovery bay 2.5 hours from konactide
Lemons racecar

has d15 90 hp going d16z6
06 f550 4x4 w/ 48' 3 honda hauler
90 banshee 90hp
03 raptor 660
95 F150 prerunner on dubs
86 turbo 2wd toy BOV 10 psi 12Lb flywheel [email protected] 1/4
H1 replica build 38" tires on 20" 4000w stereo
fabtoys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 EG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I would say that car is mid to low 14's. I wouldnt say it could dip into the 13's. Why? I/H/E in a hatch is mid to low 14's. That in a EX coupe will need more work which you stated he has, but the weight factor is still there. Even gutted you dont remove 200-300lbs.

Besides theres a kid locally that hgas that setup and he gets raped by me everytime and i run high to mid 13's at 100-101mph
EG8SIR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in