Went to the track 08/07/07 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 N2HIFI smells like BoratN2HIFI smells like BoratN2HIFI smells like BoratN2HIFI smells like BoratN2HIFI smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default Went to the track 08/07/07

cpl of the guys from STLhondas.com attend Gateway raceway Tuesday nights for test and tune pretty regularly. (gateway is 1/4 NHRA certified track) So here is some pics and info from last night

Well to start the night off i took the Eg tonight instead of the Ef. I wanted to get some baseline times for the car to see where i would be starting at and how many seconds i would need to knock off to get to my 10.9 goal for next season.

managed to make 3 good runs tonight before i suffered a small mishap. Car broke a axle tonight when launching on robs DR's i was borrowing. Well rob and kate were awesome and drove all the way back to new halls ferry to get me a axle, axle nut and ball joint separator tool so i could swap out the axle in the car so i can get it back up and mobile again, but unfortunately i was unable to make any more passes due to that small set back.

But here are the three passes i did make. Passes 1 and 2 are on 17" drag rims with BF Goodrich scorcher t/a's and the 3rd and 4th pass were on Rob's Drag Radials.

1. (17"'s with street tires)
R/T - .186
60' - 2.433
1/4 - 15.751
MPH - 88.45

R/T - .247
60' - 2.522
1/4 - 15.794
MPH - 88.50

3. (dr's)
R/T - .417
60' - 2.269
1/4 - 15.300
MPH - 88.86

4. (dr's)
Broke

And now for a cpl pics.
JesSI placed 2nd tonight in the sport compact tuner challenge so he got a kewl little trophy

silverknight,n2hifi,silverstreak and jesSI

Silverstreak helping JesSI putting the street tires back on

Silverknight,Kate and brook

pics of the damage (its hard to tell but it broke at the hub and the boot tore also, i forgot to take a carnage pic after we pulled out the broken axle)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

www.stlhondas.com
N2HIFI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 N2HIFI smells like BoratN2HIFI smells like BoratN2HIFI smells like BoratN2HIFI smells like BoratN2HIFI smells like Borat

and because i know people are going to ask here are some specs on the engine in the car.

currently the EG is NA with the following mods.
-92-95 civic SI/EX tranny
-Stock D16y7 bottom end
-Built D16Y8 head (Port n Polished, Ti valves springs and retainers, milled .020)
-Zex 105300 cam
-Skunk 2 cam gear +2degrees right now
-Y8 IM (port n Polished)
-LS TB
-Edelbrock Header
-Ebay Intake
-3" Ebay N1 exhaust with test pipe (going boosted soon)

i think thats the majority of the stuff done, not sure on HP or TQ but we will find out sat at DD. Also the car is untuned and running on a stock p28.

engine pic

chris

www.stlhondas.com
Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 dkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respectdkid15  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dkid15

ok, not diggin the camo but i guess a bisi header and blox intake manifold would look nice.
dkid15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 flip8419 is learning the way of the Dflip8419 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

what model hatch is that ex dx vx ect.. any weight reduction or all interior What rpms were u launching at also is your ps removed?
flip8419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series Janitor

Rep Power: 15 88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness

1/8?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Camo VC FTMFW

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 zex_cool will become famous soon enoughzex_cool will become famous soon enoughzex_cool will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

funky throttle cable. you sure you getting WOT ? jst an observation....im bored.

b16a w/[email protected]~12psi 320whp 225tq - [email protected] [BFG dr's] - sold
b16a w/[email protected] 250whp 164tq - upgraded
b16a stock 130whp 95tq - boosted
z6 w/[email protected] 301whp 252tq - [email protected] [BFG dr's] - sold
y7 w/[email protected] 193whp 182tq - [email protected] [street tires] - sold
zex_cool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by zex_cool View Post
funky throttle cable. you sure you getting WOT ? jst an observation....im bored.
What tb are you using cable does not look like its sitting right.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkid15 View Post
ok, not diggin the camo but i guess a bisi header and blox intake manifold would look nice.
sorry but going boosted not a na build, plus why waste money on a IM that will make the same power as what i already have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhatch View Post
What tb are you using cable does not look like its sitting right.
LS(b18b) TB as stated in the mods list, the cable position is a little weird when using the LS tb on the y8 IM, but i assure you WOT is not a issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88cr-rex View Post
1/8?
Gateway is a 1/4 mile drag strip, hell if my car only ran that in a 1/8th i would push it off a cliff and buy a F-body

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip8419 View Post
what model hatch is that ex dx vx ect.. any weight reduction or all interior What rpms were u launching at also is your ps removed?
92 cx with rear seats deleted, stripped hatch but all interior panels front and back, full interior in the front. No power steering from the factory but i removed the A/C completely (condenser,lines,evaporator, etc).

also launching the car at 3500 or 400 and riding the clutch out

chris

www.stlhondas.com

Last edited by N2HIFI; 08-21-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ok so we made another trek to the track tonight, weather was a little warm when we first got there but that just meant we got alot of runs in early since not that many people were there early. But no worries as the sun dropped so did the temps and it turned into a great night for weather and times. temp started at 96 when we got there at 6ish and were 86 or so by 8pm

Took the eg again tonight and my times were: (running Drag radials)
6:56 pm
-15.24 @ 90.3
-60' 2.49

7:01 pm
-15.121 @ 90.04
-60' 2.259

7:13 pm
-15.10 @ 90.72
-60' 2.242

7:17 pm
-14.947 @ 88.54
-60' 2.226

8:09 pm
-15.3 @ 89.38 - launched out of the groove and spun bad
-60' 2.311

8:15 pm
-14.9 @ 90.4
60' 2.2

Not to bad for a car that only makes 120 wheel hp and 105 lbs of TQ. And just for the people wondering, i had not mechanical failures tonight and the car ran hard and great all night long. It's nice that the car seems to be pretty reliable and solid so far.

chris

www.stlhondas.com

Last edited by N2HIFI; 08-22-2007 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

thats bad ass
beansblacktsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to sohcvtec420

awesome times. I have a similar setup and make a bit more power. just shows how much a good launch and a light car can go superfast.

WOOT WOOT, another all motor D in the 14's
Port-matched Skunk2 Intake Mani/LS TB, 4-1 Header
Crome tuned P28
??? whp & ??? wtq.... Still gettin' 30mpg

sohcvtec420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series Janitor

Rep Power: 15 88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2HIFI View Post
Gateway is a 1/4 mile drag strip, hell if my car only ran that in a 1/8th i would push it off a cliff and buy a F-body
No, what did it do in the 1/8? You did not post that . . .
Old 08-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

it should be faster then that... my 92 cx no rear seats no rear inerior 93 d16z6 swap ex tranny intake exhaust chip ran 15.15 first run of the day..

practice a little more and get the launches down .. i was also on street tires 185.70.13

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 EG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropesEG8SIR is starting to learn the ropes

not to say anything bad, your times are good, but you should be faster, i went 15.23 @ 90.6 in my full int sedan with sohc zc vtec I/H/E stock motor, with 2.29 60'
EG8SIR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by siregcivic View Post
it should be faster then that... my 92 cx no rear seats no rear inerior 93 d16z6 swap ex tranny intake exhaust chip ran 15.15 first run of the day..

practice a little more and get the launches down .. i was also on street tires 185.70.13
? not sure what your stating cause my 14.9 at my altitude is ALOT faster then your 15.1 at below sea level.

i am extreamly happy for how quick the car ran, the car is going boosted so i could care less about going faster n/a, the only reason i am even running the car n/a is to get used to launching it. Yes i need to work on my 60's a little but i also need a lsd and a camber kit.

also remember this is a untuned thrown together motor thats not even setup for n/a, if i swapped out the y8 IM for a z6 IM i would pick up alot, plus it's only 120 many of the y8's and z6's in my area with the same mods make closer to 140hp to the wheels.

chris

www.stlhondas.com

Last edited by N2HIFI; 08-24-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88cr-rex View Post
No, what did it do in the 1/8? You did not post that . . .
sorry, dont usally care about 1/8th but here you go

14.9=9.5 1/8

but my avg 1/8th was 9.7

chris

www.stlhondas.com
Old 08-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2HIFI View Post
? not sure what your stating cause my 14.9 at my altitude is ALOT faster then your 15.1 at below sea level.
chris
yes.. but mine was a completely stock block and head.. you have a built head with a cam and whatever else the tb and crap... i wish i had more then 1 run with that motor.. it started raining that day and i blew it up on the way home cuz i sucked water up off the freeway with the cai...

but im not here to argue with you "or anyone else for that matter" good job on the runs.. its going to be fast boosted... even my vx block with y8 head was fast boosted...

good luck with ur setup

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

pretty nice setup. good luck with the snail!
dseriesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in