New times for an old guy!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 brother dad is learning the way of the Dbrother dad is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default New times for an old guy!!

Took the hatch to PIR today for some passes since the clutch seems to be good now. Nothing great but better.Still don't have a lot of seat time in a fwd car and first time on a pro tree. Spinning 195/50/15 street tires
best pass was
r/t .233 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
60 ft 2.247 sucks don't it
330 6.57
1/8 mi 9.27 @ 80.74
1/4 mi 14.44 @101.02
not great but better than the 15.7 @ 96 I ran last time,still have time to learn how to drive the car
brother dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2007, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

what mods are done? nice time! 60ft wasnt to bad for street tires..
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Nice numbers..
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 brother dad is learning the way of the Dbrother dad is learning the way of the D

D16a6 stock like yer mammas stove internally 154,000 miles
Edelbrock d16y8 exhaust manifold and gt28r [email protected],dsm 450's,Hondata s100 tuned by Jeff at RRev Motorsports,2'' HKS sport exhaust. 212 whp and 202 lb ft torque. got 40 mpg on a trip to eastern Oregon fishing
Nothing to crazy since its my daily driver
Old 07-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....

damn id expect mid to low 13's with that setup...
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
Old 07-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

i was about to say nice times until i saw the setup... what car is it in again?
id really expect low 13s out of that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Its a 91 si hatch with no weight reduction I'm old and like to be comfy driving and I am 6'4" and weigh about 245 so the car with me in it probably is around 2450-2500 lbs.
13,s with a decent driver I don't deny that I suck thats only about my tenth pass ever in a fwd car but I figure its about improving and thats enough for now.I'll try to do better next time.Not that it matters I also blew the 2-3 shift and don't "speed shift" I like to be able to drive myself home not ride shotgun in a tow truck

Last edited by brother dad; 07-29-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

haha i hear ya.. o well. at least ur out there having fun! thats all that matters! its nice to see another older guy with a import!good luck on the next run!
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93

Old 07-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky

A little larger exhaust will help out a little.. 2" is just a little small for the the hairdryer...
Old 07-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

nice...i could only hope for that power...i finally got my downpipe on with the little help of BFH. all thats left is mounting the and connecting my oil lines. hopefully(fingers crossed) with be done tommarow since i have the whole day off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2007, 06:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yeah the exhaust is pretty small but I am about to replace it with a 3'' thermal.how loud are the thermals ,the hks is stock quiet the intake and turbo made more sound than the exhaust when it was on the dyno
grey goose just keep at it its worth the hassle just make sure and get a good tune on it
Old 07-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

with a DD a 2 1/2 would be ideal. With either a Magnaflow or Dynomax.... GUEST has a 2 1/2" setup he had done by one of my friends and he loves it. Its also real quiet .
Old 07-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 GreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagleGreyGoose is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother dad View Post
grey goose just keep at it its worth the hassle just make sure and get a good tune on it
i sure hope so...this has been the install from hell. probably because i have no help and its my first turbo install. i dropped my crossmember 3 times already for the downpipe...everythings good now, like i said, only the minor stuff and im finally done with this bish.

GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Went back to the track Friday night did a little better [email protected] stiil had BAD 60 ft times and developed a small leak in the radiator i/c pipe rubbed a pinhole in the core
Old 08-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 little white crx is learning the way of the Dlittle white crx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

the mph is good for mid 13s just need a 2.0 or better 60ft
little white crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

work on ur 60' and u will hit 13's for sure.. maybe get a set of lensos!
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93

Old 08-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

I set of slicks will really help you out alot... Maybe even up to .500 off your time.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

might be getting a set of 15x7 slips with some sticky azensis on them maybe 205's will help over the 195 toyo p4's or maybe I'll just learn how to launch,on kind of a side note I raced a new Mudstain gt and beat him by about a car length afterwards he came over looked at the motor and said if he had a built turbo car he'd have beat me I told him small turbo on a stock motor about 6000.00 into the whole car including buying the car about 1500.00 in wheels tires and suspension as opposed to his 35000.00 car and then to rub it in I told him I also got almost 40 mpg on a long road trip he just shook his head and walked away,later we were side by side again in the staging lanes and let another guy around him
Old 08-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah V8 guys dont like getting beat by Honda cars at all... They always have excuses why they lose.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother dad View Post
might be getting a set of 15x7 slips with some sticky azensis on them maybe 205's will help over the 195 toyo p4's or maybe I'll just learn how to launch,on kind of a side note I raced a new Mudstain gt and beat him by about a car length afterwards he came over looked at the motor and said if he had a built turbo car he'd have beat me I told him small turbo on a stock motor about 6000.00 into the whole car including buying the car about 1500.00 in wheels tires and suspension as opposed to his 35000.00 car and then to rub it in I told him I also got almost 40 mpg on a long road trip he just shook his head and walked away,later we were side by side again in the staging lanes and let another guy around him
LOL, classic. I love how those guys try to say "yeah, but you've got a turbo", well, yeah, and it still all cost less than your stang.

BTW, do you have an LSD? Are you getting a lot of wheelspin? I've got an OBX LSD, it's fairly inexpensive and I LOVE it, no more one wheel burnouts for this guy.
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in