took the beast to the track last night - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 05:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
cool title

Rep Power: 15 egriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to egriffith45
Default took the beast to the track last night

went to street night at new england drag last night in my stock 96 dx sedan. didn't realize the car was this slow lol.

car is completely stock with 194k on it. i haven't touched anything on the car yet, still rocking the snow tires it came with.

got about 10 runs in in the first 45 minutes, hardly any cars there when i got there. i took a break for about 20 minutes to chill and watch some of the cars run and it started to rain before i could get back on the track again.

best 2 runs:

60' ... 2.624
330 ... 7.332
1/8 ... 11.300
mph ... 60.89
1000 ... 14.748
1/4 ... 17.656
mph ... 77.70

60' ... 2.539
330 ... 7.274
1/8 ... 11.262
mph ... 60.46
1000 ... 14.734
1/4 ... 17.661
mph ... 77.29

car is slow as hell, but it was fun any way. couldn't get any lower than a 2.5 60'. it was difficult launching without a tach, but any higher rpms than i was doing would either give me too much wheel spin or would make the clutch slip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by egriffith45; 06-28-2007 at 06:08 AM.
egriffith45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Normworldhero is learning the way of the DNormworldhero is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Normworldhero

Well, you gotta start somewhere right?

13.90 @ 109 <-- Street Tires + No Driver mod
Normworldhero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
cool title

Rep Power: 15 egriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatnessegriffith45 is approaching greatness

haha yea.

i just wanted to see what a bone stock civic runs. will be boosted in the next couple weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Bitchin' fast!

now when you get it boosted, you'll have tangible evidence. Not that the feeling won't be enough, but it's nice to have paper evidence too. I keep trying to get my buddy to take his STi to the track before he drops a couple grand of upgrades on it, but it doesn't seem likely.
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
cool title

at least i wasn't the slowest car at the track last night. there was some guy running 18.2's, not sure the make of the car, thought i saw "Reno" as the model.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series Janitor

Rep Power: 15 88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

dang.

My 88 crx dx automatic went an 11.2 @ 61 with only a flowmaster . . .

slow stuff still is pretty fun though, beat a v6 sn95 mustang with no muffler.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

my hb with a stock d15b non vtec ran 15.8 in the 1/4... but u gotta start somewhere
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Ya know, I'm gonna have to take the BONE STOCK 160K mile 95 4 door AUTO down the track just to see HOW slow it is.

Damn tranny shifting at 6k rpms, I will leave it in D3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2007, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....

trans i dont think it will show a time. the board will just say SLOW lmao....
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
Old 07-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

It'll show a time, I've seen mid 20 sec times posted.

But I do need to baseline it before "upgrading" the engine parts.

Z6 intake/A6 cam and CAI will be the limit. The cam will be installed 1/2 tooth ADVANCED as the low end torque gain will help in daily driving and with power. Installed like that the cam "goes flat" at 6,000 rpm, perfect for this combo.

Normal street driving, I'm between 2400 and 3200 rpm mostly.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 07-01-2007 at 08:43 AM.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

nice...yea u do gotta start somewhere. funny thing is a guy at infenion used to run street class brackets.. he won almost every week in his fuckin 80 something toyota trecel automatic running like 19.9 every time! lmao
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in