my first race since i got the car back :) 05 sti - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic
Default my first race since i got the car back :) 05 sti

my buddy has a 05 wrx sti with exhaust we were eating lunch today and about to go to a buddys house, he says " hey lets get on the freeway and if theres not much traffic lets see what that thing can do"...

so me being all giddy and shit said " if theres no traffic for atleast a 1/4 mile ahead of us ill go for it"

so we get on the freeway there was a little traffic so we slowed down to about 60 in the slow lane, it cleared up to what i felt would be enough space to run then shutdown...

now im not mr. street racer or anything like that they will crush ur shit now lol..

but we lined it up i put it in 3rd gear 3 honks and were off... i was very suprised.. 3rd gear we were right next to eachother.. i put it in 4th at about 82 he pulled about half a car, i put it in 5th at about 107 he pulled another car up to 132.. i let off we slowed down and i had a smile...

yes he beat me, but i still hung with him damn good and sti's are usually really fast... but it made me happy..

now im not revving the fack out of this thing, i shift around 7700-7900 that feels like its right in the powerband every shift...

just a rant.. im happy i kept up with an sti... now i gotta build the hatchie to beat him at the track

SOBER TILL ITS OVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series WTF?!?!

Rep Power: 21 MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MiloReaper87 Send a message via Yahoo to MiloReaper87

Fukin nice tail tale heart story sounds like yall had some nice chow as well
Check my photography

CAUTION: Remoer and myself may
on a verbal war
MiloReaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

whats the motor setup?

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway View Post
whats the motor setup?
complete b18c5 with street tune cai itr header exhaust in a ej1

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
Old 06-22-2007, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by siregcivic View Post
complete b18c5 with street tune cai itr header exhaust in a ej1
stock taks off by about 400 mang your shifting lower then you think lol 8800ftw

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

pm me

add us on myspace yO!
Old 06-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

SOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the skySOHCinWA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Not bad at all
SOHCinWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway View Post
stock taks off by about 400 mang your shifting lower then you think lol 8800ftw
so when the tach says 7700 im at 7300... that wouldnt make sense cuz then i would be shifting out of vtec, my vtec engages at 5500... or i would be shifting right into the vtec point.. wich its not.. i shift from 7700 to 6200 almost every gear except 5th, since 5th on the itr tranny is a little longer then 5th on a b16 tranny

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

Quote:
so when the tach says 7700 im at 7300... that wouldnt make sense cuz then i would be shifting out of vtec, my vtec engages at 5500... or i would be shifting right into the vtec point.. wich its not.. i shift from 7700 to 6200 almost every gear except 5th, since 5th on the itr tranny is a little longer then 5th on a b16 tranny
my b16w itr cams b16 trans when i hit gears about 8300 before tune i'd drop to 6400 and after tune 8800 and would drop to about 6600 or 6700.

it's not going to hurt that motor taking it to 8500 at all.

pm me

add us on myspace yO!
Old 06-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

nice race man! u needed to get a video of it....
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Bcivic View Post
x2.
delsol70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Bcivic View Post
ill set it up again... but i dont want to be trying to hold a video camera while trying to drive and shift at the same time... its hariy enough going from 70 to 130 as quick as it does...

yea i know its not gonna hurt it.. i need to go back for a retune, then go get it dyno tuned but i just dont feel comfortable taking it up that high.. its not worth it to me honestly i paid alot of money for the swap, i dont wanna go out and blow it up.. its not a d lol.. trust me ive had my fare share of d motors (about 10) i used to take my z6 up to 9k all the time stock with a cam ... but this.. i kinda wanna take care of it if u know what i mean

thanks everyone for the comments... the guy that had the motor before me told me he ran a 13.30 with 24 inch slicks in his full interior si hatchie, he said if i get 22 inch slicks, i could probably cut a better time.. well see when boti comes up if i can get slicks

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

Quote:
ill set it up again... but i dont want to be trying to hold a video camera while trying to drive and shift at the same time... its hariy enough going from 70 to 130 as quick as it does...

yea i know its not gonna hurt it.. i need to go back for a retune, then go get it dyno tuned but i just dont feel comfortable taking it up that high.. its not worth it to me honestly i paid alot of money for the swap, i dont wanna go out and blow it up.. its not a d lol.. trust me ive had my fare share of d motors (about 10) i used to take my z6 up to 9k all the time stock with a cam ... but this.. i kinda wanna take care of it if u know what i mean

thanks everyone for the comments... the guy that had the motor before me told me he ran a 13.30 with 24 inch slicks in his full interior si hatchie, he said if i get 22 inch slicks, i could probably cut a better time.. well see when boti comes up if i can get slicks
i know what you mean man it will hold up

pm me

add us on myspace yO!
Old 06-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

Quote:

between the z6 and a b18c5, i think the c5 would be more apt to handle it... lol... it should have been the other way around (take care of the z6 and rev the crap out of the c5)
Old 06-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC_Rules View Post
between the z6 and a b18c5, i think the c5 would be more apt to handle it... lol... it should have been the other way around (take care of the z6 and rev the crap out of the c5)
yea lol.. c5 cost 10x more then a z6... i can get a z6 from a junkyard for 200 bucks.. no big deal lol

but yea ive been revving it up more ... just to around 8200 but not all the time i ran my friends dohc zc turbo in a del sol si at 3 am... i pulled about half car and we were at taht the whole time... i also helped build his car up so it should be fast.. but i was suprised i didnt pull him anymore than i did...

eh but ill smoke him from the dig... i need to get it tuned also 2nd week of june i should have the money to get tuned.

thanks for all the positive comments guys

keep the d's rollin.. i gotta pull the motor out of the hatchie so i can start building it sometime soon... atleast tear it down

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent

Quote:
yea lol.. c5 cost 10x more then a z6... i can get a z6 from a junkyard for 200 bucks.. no big deal lol

but yea ive been revving it up more ... just to around 8200 but not all the time i ran my friends dohc zc turbo in a del sol si at 3 am... i pulled about half car and we were at taht the whole time... i also helped build his car up so it should be fast.. but i was suprised i didnt pull him anymore than i did...

eh but ill smoke him from the dig... i need to get it tuned also 2nd week of june i should have the money to get tuned.

thanks for all the positive comments guys

keep the d's rollin.. i gotta pull the motor out of the hatchie so i can start building it sometime soon... atleast tear it down
Your engine just gave me a call it says it feels it needs a 12.5:1 CR, JUN stage 3 cams, and ITB's before it'll be happy. It also said it doesn't like it when you use it to carry around fat women.

Haha, nice race and good luck w/ the build.
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

You don't know? Better ask somebody.
boostdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostdeliquent View Post
Your engine just gave me a call it says it feels it needs a 12.5:1 CR, JUN stage 3 cams, and ITB's before it'll be happy. It also said it doesn't like it when you use it to carry around fat women.

Haha, nice race and good luck w/ the build.
hahaha that shit made me laugh rep4u

lol.. yea idk.. i def. want itb's and some cams.. but i dont really want to tear the motor apart too much.. its in the daily driver car lol...

the fast cars gonna have a sohc in it

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....

wished i lived in so cal so i can give u a run for ur money! lol
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
Old 06-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 ardevas09 is starting to learn the ropesardevas09 is starting to learn the ropesardevas09 is starting to learn the ropesardevas09 is starting to learn the ropesardevas09 is starting to learn the ropesardevas09 is starting to learn the ropesardevas09 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ardevas09 Send a message via Yahoo to ardevas09

ooh ooh, i'll run ya sireg!

stolen
ardevas09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

ill run both u guys if i ever drive out to cali again? i gotta go back and own some people in nor cal! lmao
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93

Old 06-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

ill run anyone... it doesnt matter... but i prefer it be at a track.. dont wanna get my shit crushed lol...

i might be at boti july 29th at fontana.. if i can get the lenso's and 22 inch slicks by then, but in all honesty i dont see that happening that quick... ill run it on street tires...

yea h2bcivic... you will fucking smoke me man, but ill run you anyway if you come down here lol ... i've heard of h2b hatchies dippin in low 12's all motor even mid 11's with a few mods... that shits gonna be fast man

but.. shit idk if im gonna race an 11 sec h2b hatch... i might just have a sneaky pete hidden in a gym bag lol

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in