Took the Suby to the track - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2006, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 *CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough*CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough*CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Took the Suby to the track

Well just got back from the track and must say it was alot of fun...

Launching an AWD is abit tricky imo though... I ran 8 passes improving the

whole way... my worst pass was 60'= 2.236 (pretty shitty imo) and 1/4=

[email protected]:sadface: my best pass being my last i ran a 60'= 2.058

and 1/4= [email protected] i was very pleased with this and not bad for a stock 03 wrx imo... I was also

trying to get my launches down and the best way i could figure it is 6500

feathering out the clutch kept me in the 2.0 60' times and was consistant at

doing that... I dropped the clutch a few times and bog city:shocked: also not

good on the wrx trannys i would rather buy a new clutch for 200 bones then

a tranny for thousands or anyways i hear there expensive.

Billy
*CiViCcOuPe* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

14.7...not bad

what track did you run at?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2006, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 *CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough*CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough*CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough

oh i went 6 for 8 tonight, got beat buy a pretty well built srt'4 running slicks running mid 11's and a camaro that was running high 11's, i beat a turbo'd talon, stock srt neon, s10 pickup with mods, older corvette guy didn't know how to drive, a sti again guy didn't know how to drive he ran like a 15.5:shocked:, and a integra with low boost turbo.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
14.7...not bad

what track did you run at?
Portland International Raceway
Old 09-29-2006, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

also i was reading stock times from 3 differant mags sport compact claims 14.1 1/4 mile... Road and Track claims 14.7 1/4mile... and car and driver claims 14.4 1/4mile so i think i am doing good for being my first time in awd
Old 09-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

was it a test n tune night?

the track close to me already shut down for the season

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2006, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

it is the late night drags 22 bucks gets you in the door to race they will be racing till the weather gets shitty it is most friday nights and saturday nights gates open at 6pm and close at 12 midnight
Old 09-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

http://www.portlandraceway.com/ will give you all drag racing info
Old 09-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CiViCcOuPe*
it is the late night drags 22 bucks gets you in the door to race they will be racing till the weather gets shitty it is most friday nights and saturday nights gates open at 6pm and close at 12 midnight
Good god you guys are getting raped on entry fee's. Nice times though.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the B

Rep Power: 15 CIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatnessCIVICRicerBoy is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CIVICRicerBoy

Good times man! Sounds like you had fun! Keep us posted with updates!
Vouches: K2e2vin, superdewey58, csaddict, Low EG-T, singlecizam
CIVICRicerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 nation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebodynation of kong is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nation of kong

15.5 in an STI thats laughable...but if you can't drive you can't get the best times. 14.7 is pretty good you'll get 14.4's eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway
"i blew my arm off..... rotory style"
My EJ8:

nation of kong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
the hard-parker

Rep Power: 26 Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

nice man! especially with it being your first time at the track in it. get that launch down and you'll be gold

1998 honda civic ex coupe
1998 jeep cherokee sport 4x4
2004 subaru impreza wrx wagon
2002 honda accord v6 coupe
Sonny7730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

14.7 is good shit! How does she feel? I want to take mine to the track, but don't want to break it, lol.

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nation of kong
15.5 in an STI thats laughable...but if you can't drive you can't get the best times. 14.7 is pretty good you'll get 14.4's eventually.
i hope so, practice makes perfect right
Old 09-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexinre
14.7 is good shit! How does she feel? I want to take mine to the track, but don't want to break it, lol.
she feels great it was such an adrenialine rush, dont drop the clutch and you wont break it imo, right when the tree hits the third amber i slip the clutch till it grabs and i would say i let it out 85% then let it go and stomp on gas and with that turbo spoolin at 6000rpms it sure as hell kicks me back in those comfy seats i was :shocked: next time i get out there my goal is to get my 60' time down to about 1.9 and lower, i am still in unfimiliar territory with the awd but i just say practice practice practice
Old 09-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

oh that guy who was driving the trick sti he was droppin the clutch hard with redline drops :shocked: broke tranny second pass rofl
Old 09-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
the hard-parker

Rep Power: 26 Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

hahahaha, reminds me of the video of the guy who drops it at 6k and his tranny just blows right there

1998 honda civic ex coupe
1998 jeep cherokee sport 4x4
2004 subaru impreza wrx wagon
2002 honda accord v6 coupe
Sonny7730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny7730
hahahaha, reminds me of the video of the guy who drops it at 6k and his tranny just blows right there
haha i think i remember that one
Old 09-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97

good times man so do you still have a civic coupe?

FUCK THIEVES

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic97
good times man so do you still have a civic coupe?
naw had to get rid of it (wifes orders) haha if i would of kept it i would of spent so much on it and we are looking into a house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in