went to the track--very bad - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

snoopy006 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default went to the track--very bad

so i went to the track and i ran some pretty bad times well very bad times:

17.4 with a 60ft of a 3.4 with wheel hop and me kinda stalling out
and
16.4 witha 60ft of a 2.4 with some bad wheel hop

with both times i trapped a speed of 93mph

i suck and need help ... what is good 60ft? what can do to get rid of this stupid wheel hop?---what do u think i should be at trapping around a 100mph --what is a round about rpm to lauch from ...

my car was hopping so bad -- i thought i was killing it

i know some of my quesition are very noobish sorry
i am just very depressed -- i suck and need any help i can get
i will post of the time slip when i find my camera

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

snoopy006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

CrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Whats your setup?

boosted D16Z6 :shocked:
Quote:
Honestly, I would piss on his door handles. Regularly, like his door was my personal bathroom.
CrazyConscious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

greddy 15g turbo at 7psi
skunk2 2.5 exhuast
jrc intercooler
crower cam stage 1

Old 09-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

what r u launching at
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2006, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 dustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to alldustin_crxsi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Go buy an upper strut bar, and maybe some new shocks
dustin_crxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2006, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i lauched between 3000-3500

Old 09-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Try slipping the clutch and don't worry so much about killing the launch. Get good traction and then put the power down. What rpm are you shifting at? With that setup you should be making decent enough power to make at least low 15 sec runs. Just go to the track and practice some more and you're times will go down.
charliemopps24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

A 2.2 60' is decent for an FF car with street tires, FYI.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

lsturbohatch10 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lsturbohatch10

i pull 2.2 and 2.1s. i only launch at 2500 rpms. just come off the line then lay the power like someone said before. preloading helped me.

active REP WHORE. you rep me i rep you back, on a mission to 3000 rep points

Quote:
but thats what d-series is all about. cheap affordable performance.
lsturbohatch10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbohatch10
i pull 2.2 and 2.1s. i only launch at 2500 rpms. just come off the line then lay the power like someone said before. preloading helped me.
i am going back probably this weekend-- i am going to try to lauch at that and ease off a little better-- me and my friend looked at motor mounts and they are completely shot -- and i i think that the shocks are still the original ones so that would make them 13years old --- so that stuff will be getting replaced here soon hoepfully
i also think that my problem was that i was pretty nervous this being my first time out to the track with the car

Old 09-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

yeah it takes practice.. my first run was like a 16.7 cuz of a horrible 60 footer.. then my 2nd i dropped to a 16.1 at 88 with a 2.4.. which is still bad imo....

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

dude you should be in the 14's at least with that setup..... but keep practicing....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
dude you should be in the 14's at least with that setup..... but keep practicing....
i know cause i have beat people on the street that i know are running 14's but i think they where all from a roll though-- like u said im just going to keep practicing

Old 09-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
the hard-parker

Rep Power: 26 Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

like you said, if your motor mounts are shot, that's part of the reason you're getitng such bad wheel hop. pick up some good motor mounts, replace the shocks, and then practice makes perfect.

1998 honda civic ex coupe
1998 jeep cherokee sport 4x4
2004 subaru impreza wrx wagon
2002 honda accord v6 coupe
Sonny7730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Heh, i remember my first run. I was shaking like a freakin parkinsons patient. I staged the lights and looked to my left and a bmw m3 like the one on need for speed-most wanted rolls up. I was still staring at it when the tree dropped. My rt was like .895 lol After that it was all good.
charliemopps24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Bahamutzero1059 is learning the way of the DBahamutzero1059 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

ive never taken my car to a track....
where can i do so around illinois? and is it cheap...cuz im not paying like 300 bucks to run up and down a track a few times...
after a few minor repairs are done to my car i wanna try it out
Bahamutzero1059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster

I'd try some suspension parts like strut bars and shocks ect... that should help you out and possible launching at a slightly lower RPM also do you take off at the last yellow light or when it turns green?
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

stiff rear suspension with around 35-40psi in the tires, traction bars and some motor mount inserts launch around 5k preload it some spin is not bad

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

I think the main things to concentrate on here are your worn out mounts and your shocks, that will already improve your wheel hop situation a lot. Then look at other items after that. Concentrate more on good clean shifts before even worrying about your launches..........good RT's don't happen over-night, they take time.
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2006, 05:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

definitely work on things like the mounts, get new shocks, and try running a lower psi in your front tires... i was using between 20-25psi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in