St. Louis and lower Illinois Scene - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default St. Louis and lower Illinois Scene

Next Tuesday September 5th I'm heading up to Gateway International for street tire test and tune visit http://www.gatewayraceway.com/ for times, I'll probably be there around 6:30 7:00, going to run my 89 Civic Si, going to see what times I can manage to squeak by before I put my interior in. If you are going to head out just leave a reply with the model car you have and color and a pic and hopefully we'll see each other. Reason for this run is next spring/summer my dad and I will start working on the engine so I want to see my before and then hopefully next year my after times. I just got the body done, rust, paint, lights, all I've done to the engine is cold air intake, previous owner put exhaust, chip, and mild cam shaft. So hopefully good racing, oh yea costs are like $15 to run as many times as you can, $5 or $10 to watch. Need pants, no helmet (unless car is really fast like 10 secs) I'm a noob and first time I went had shorts on, took me an hour to find a stupid walgreens and buy womens black jogging pants (hey no one saw me wearing them so all its all good)
usseals is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Every track I've ever been to including gateway, if you run 14.00 or faster in the 1/4 you have to wear a helmet. I've never had to wear pants except when i run my rocket at the track.
93civiccx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yea that is what my friend (whoes been there a few times) said too, it was hard to tell first time I was there, most people looked like they weren't wearing helmets, but eh I could be wrong I don't do this all the time. Also I may have to cancel, I just finished putting on the trim and everything on the outside (Oh so nice will put pics up soon) but the engine is acting up a bit, having troubles starting, have to turn it once and it acts like it is going to start than I have to stop and do it again before it runs and at the high rpms been acting weird so I may have to cancel my trip which blows monkey nuts cause I want to run it before I put my interior all back together

Old 09-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 chronodev87 will become famous soon enoughchronodev87 will become famous soon enoughchronodev87 will become famous soon enough

I may try to come. Work and school may exclude me from it, though. Not that my stock 98 hx will do much, but it'd be fun nuntheless. I'll try!
-d
chronodev87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronodev87
I may try to come. Work and school may exclude me from it, though. Not that my stock 98 hx will do much, but it'd be fun nuntheless. I'll try!
-d
Thats perfect, my car doesn't run all that fast either but it is fun and a good way to waste time on a tuesday night when I have nothing better to do lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in