Track Racing The D - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2006, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 horny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Track Racing The D

We had a Reciant track day over here in Christchurch, New Zealand. It was organised by one of the subaru clubs, and they were nice enough to open it to the Honda club as well to make up numbers. So i decided id go along for a try at it, having never been on the track before, nor having had the car going for a track day either.

Weather was absolutly crap for the day, which made things rather interesting to say the least, wheel spin at 150km/h and aquaplaning were just some of the things i had to contend with.

My car went really well, and i didnt end up loosing brakes. I ended up out braking pretty much everything out there on my stock disc (F/R) and EBC green stuff pads. Corners i was a lot faster than most of the other cars and i only struggled down the straits.

heres a map of the circuit:
Grand Prix Circuit - 3.33km: lap record 1-15-810 Scott Dixon

I ended up with the 8th fastest lap of the day, and below is a list of most of the cars times.

X37637 (V9 WRX Sti) 1.55.3
nv8tion racin (Evo 1) 2.01.0
WRXER (V1 WRX ) 2.04.2
Brent (180sx) 2.12.0
Nxtacy (NX) 2.12.3
Paul (Legacy) 2.13.3
Kender (MR2) 2.13.6
Horny_Devil (Civic) 2.15.0
Spannersrx7 (Rx7) 2.15.2
MAGDUP (Forrester) 2.15.9
vtec_junky (Integra) 2.16.0
Demon (Integra) 2.16.5
TRD4X4 (Celica GT-4) 2.16.6
Rx3ute (Legacy) 2.20.8
JayMe (FTO) 2.21.3
O'Neill (Legnum) 2.21.4
Hopai (V3 WRX STI) 2.23.0
H8EVOS (V6 WRX Type-R) 2.25.0
Toto's Brother (Honda Accord) 2.26.3
Diesel (V7 WRX STI) 2.28.3
Koom (Legacy Rs) 2.33.3
Tyger_Tung (Lancer) 2.33.8

some of the cars i was up against:

and of course me:

And just for some good measure i have some incar video of the racing.

Me vs DA integra (B16A I/H/E Suspension and brakes)
http://jason.bdash.net.nz/Files/Vids...nd%20Robin.avi
33mb 10mins

Some more incar videos
http://jason.bdash.net.nz/Files/Vids...easson%201.avi
60mb 17mins

http://jason.bdash.net.nz/Files/Vids...easson%202.avi
74mb 21mins

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

horny_devil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

rain, the great equalizer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 RaveN1814 is learning the way of the DRaveN1814 is learning the way of the D

Guh, jeez, don't think I could race in that weather on my R compounds.

They say that the tread on these has "aqua tusks" but I still wouldn't race on them if it was raining and wet like that. I'm too big of a wuss to do it.
RaveN1814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle93reddelsol is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93reddelsol

I like the videos
93reddelsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

Now thats what I like to see posted on this site!!!!!!

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all93civiccx is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Looks like a good time!
93civiccx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 horny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respecthorny_devil  is slowly gaining respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveN1814
Guh, jeez, don't think I could race in that weather on my R compounds.
the MR2 was running on these, and had no problems

-
-

horny_devil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 RaveN1814 is learning the way of the DRaveN1814 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by horny_devil
the MR2 was running on these, and had no problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveN1814
They say that the tread on these has "aqua tusks" but I still wouldn't race on them if it was raining and wet like that. I'm too big of a wuss to do it.
I'm wasn't saying it can't be done, it's perfectly plausible to race on R compounds in the rain, I'm just a big scaredy cat.
RaveN1814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 ckickenshit is crying in the corner like a little bitch

^ Wuss!!!!
ckickenshit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in