First time to the track - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 *CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough*CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough*CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default ***UPDATE*** First time to the track

Well tonight is the night late night drags at portland international raceway going to be my first time ever running the 1/4 mile. Nothing special done with my car just have d16y8 manual tranny aem short ram intake, dc sports short shifter and also going to take out my spare tire and jack if it helps any I have no clue but i am running a 2000 civic coupe ex i looked up some stats and it says it runs 16.5 stock so we will see I will let you all know how I do.

Last edited by *CiViCcOuPe*; 07-02-2006 at 12:40 PM. Reason: update
*CiViCcOuPe* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97

good luck

FUCK THIEVES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 *CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough*CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough*CiViCcOuPe* will become famous soon enough

just for the hell of it i weighed my spare tire and jack a woopin 28 pound reduction whoo hoo anything helps right race weight from 2793 to 2765

Old 07-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Go have some fun.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

good luck, I want to run mine on a .25 soon
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up ***UPDATE*** First time to the track

Well I must say it was alot of fun, My first run was against my buddy in his 97 civic coupe i/h/e. My 1,2,3 run i had major wheel hop launching at 4k, so my last run I burnt off some rubber before hand and launched at 3 1/2k and it was real smooth and i broke 80 mph

Old 07-02-2006, 12:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

practice driving my man, plastic SRI, ebay heatwraped header,catback, short shifter, timing at 16btdc. dead clutch and a blow to shit lower TQ mount

I did a [email protected] on a 2.43(best was a 2.31 but I bogged on that one ) 60ft. I also removed the jack and everything from the trunk. also had just the PS pump belt removed.

Im heading down wednesday since I just got the car runing for a test and tune sesion. I just installed an AEM cam gear and ES motor mounts.I also completley removed all components of AC and PS. ill let you know on the weight of that stuff. I plan on removing back seats too.

I think if I get it dialed in right ill be in the 15's no problem. i just need to have the cam gear dialed in first then the ignition and itll be good.

what rims/ tires are you running man? I have rota c8's with 205/40/16 ran them at 38psi cold LOL!! I will drop them to like 25psi and work my way up see what works. get your 60ft's down man practice launching more dude. Ihave the same car no reason you should be runing the same times if not better.

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used

Last edited by Speedjunky01; 07-02-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Thats not to bad just have to keep going to get more experience.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhatch
Thats not to bad just have to keep going to get more experience.
treu I got my 16.4 on my first ever run at a track, but Idid practice dozzen or so times on backroads.

nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Old 07-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01
practice driving my man, plastic SRI, ebay heatwraped header,catback, short shifter, timing at 16btdc. dead clutch and a blow to shit lower TQ mount

I did a [email protected] on a 2.43(best was a 2.31 but I bogged on that one ) 60ft. I also removed the jack and everything from the trunk. also had just the PS pump belt removed.

Im heading down wednesday since I just got the car runing for a test and tune sesion. I just installed an AEM cam gear and ES motor mounts.I also completley removed all components of AC and PS. ill let you know on the weight of that stuff. I plan on removing back seats too.

I think if I get it dialed in right ill be in the 15's no problem. i just need to have the cam gear dialed in first then the ignition and itll be good.

what rims/ tires are you running man? I have rota c8's with 205/40/16 ran them at 38psi cold LOL!! I will drop them to like 25psi and work my way up see what works. get your 60ft's down man practice launching more dude. Ihave the same car no reason you should be runing the same times if not better.
I am running Enkie 17x7 RSV color Anthracite Grey, 205/40zr-17 Bridgestone Potenza on about 40psi last night about 80 degrees out, What is a good launch rpm for you????
Old 07-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CiViCcOuPe*
I am running Enkie 17x7 RSV color Anthracite Grey, 205/40zr-17 Bridgestone Potenza on about 40psi last night about 80 degrees out, What is a good launch rpm for you????

wow yea rims slow people down for sure lol. I ran in identical conditions, was duskish and about 80*. I launched atabout 3800 to 4200 since a motor mount was blown apart and the clutch slips high.I just tried a few launches at 5000 on backroads and car actualy hooks up!!!!!

get es mototr mounts fucking AWESOME product man. and they areabout 35 bucks from summitracing.com

the build

Old 07-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

sweet i will have to check that out thanks bro, my clutch is f***in fried just got to get the bling to buy something decent
Old 07-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
sweet i will have to check that out thanks bro, my clutch is f***in fried just got to get the bling to buy something decent
same here man, I cant do a burnout on dry ground LMAO

the build

Old 07-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have a company account at les schwab and get shit at discount i am going to get some drag radials i think and maybe some 15" rims
Old 07-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
I have a company account at les schwab and get shit at discount i am going to get some drag radials i think and maybe some 15" rims
15' are a great medium place between handeling and drag wheels. I went with 16" more cornering is none in my car

the build

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in