sohc vtec kills (z6) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default sohc vtec kills (z6)

just got in from the local races today. Lined up with an ss colbolt (echotec) took him off the line and held him at my rear bumber the whole race. Raced again with same results with him a little further back from my rear bumber not much. Teusday I raced an integra with intake and exhuast, pulled him by 4 cars and he got me off the line nasty. Raced a vr6 jetta hatch and had him by at least 3 cars all but one of the 4 times we raced. He pulled on my once cuz I missed 3rd. When I raced the vr6 I had my 300 pound friend in my car also. the vr6 also had 2 kids which both added up to about 300 pounds so it was pretty even.

just got this swap done and im very happy with it just thought id share my progress

mods.
d16z6 in 91 std ef hatch
si trans
intake
headers, test pipe, cat back
injectors from an accord
front/rear bumber supports removed/replaced with body kit
automatic ecu so it idles weird
kwit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up

Nice, colbolt's are garbage...
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Lets face chevy needs to build a four cylinder that doesn't blow head gaskets before they starting boosting one.
D16A6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sohcnovtec is learning the way of the Dsohcnovtec is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohc Wrath
Nice, colbolt's are garbage...
This is true but they are a helluva lot better then that monstrocity of an automobile, the Cavalier. And good job on beating the hell out of those cars!!
sohcnovtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwit
mods.
d16z6 in 91 std ef hatch
si trans
intake
headers, test pipe, cat back
injectors from an accord
front/rear bumber supports removed/replaced with body kit
automatic ecu so it idles weird
you have a v-6 d16z6?? must be the uber-rare JDM model...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
LOL, you crack me up Ryan

I heard there a super rare JDM model motor, only produced for a limited time...
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 Feddy is learning the way of the DFeddy is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Feddy Send a message via MSN to Feddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohc Wrath
LOL, you crack me up Ryan

I heard there a super rare JDM model motor, only produced for a limited time...
yea, they only made 1 for ever 5 ricers in japan.. really rare.

Nice kills....

Feddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2006, 11:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 d1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enoughd1589hatchy will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d1589hatchy Send a message via MSN to d1589hatchy Send a message via Yahoo to d1589hatchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D16A6T
Lets face chevy needs to build a four cylinder that doesn't blow head gaskets before they starting boosting one.
WTF are you talking about? btw its ecotec and its a great motor and cobalt SS are pretty nice little cars, i would know being that i work at a chevy dealer and see them all the time are any of you aware a ecotec 2.2 is can do 500hp on stock internals? and they do not blow headgaskets the 1st gen "quad 4" 2.4 liter dohc motors did and they fixed that the ecotec is a totaly new design and a different motor

'95 Del Sol VTEC: H&R Street coilovers
d1589hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2006, 07:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

lol my dad owns honda. I get all the new motors even before they come out. lol.

WTF are you talking about? btw its ecotec and its a great motor and cobalt SS are pretty nice little cars, i would know being that i work at a chevy dealer and see them all the time are any of you aware a ecotec 2.2 is can do 500hp on stock internals? and they do not blow headgaskets the 1st gen "quad 4" 2.4 liter dohc motors did and they fixed that the ecotec is a totaly new design and a different motor

well this perticuler colbolt owner talks mad shit. He even had 101 excuses why he lost. This includes "o well my cars stock" and "my cars heavy". felt good to pull on him 2 times.... couldnt even keep up z6 killa woot woot
kwit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

I have had to replace the head gasket on so many ecotec cavs its not funny. My sister had one and I hated it. I jumped for joy when she finally killed the cavalier. Though I do apologize since this is more or less a generalization about the ecotec. I'll still never own one.
D16A6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

hmmm, I wonder how bad I could hurt a cobalt if you beat one N/A.
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 09:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

i have almost the exact same setup as you with the d16z6 n all upart from the accord injectors and headers, but i am ordering headers, if thats the case, then i shud b rompin, it already dips like a mug
honda tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 09:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

was the cobalt even supercharged though? you do know they have an ss that isnt blown right......
they wouldnt be much competition with a weight difference as they have i think maybe 160 hp....

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwit

lol my dad owns honda. I get all the new motors even before they come out. lol.

well this perticuler colbolt owner talks mad shit. He even had 101 excuses why he lost. This includes "o well my cars stock" and "my cars heavy". felt good to pull on him 2 times.... couldnt even keep up z6 killa woot woot
i had one of those v6's but i sold it. couldn't find any aftermarket parts for it. oh well.....btw he meant ec-hoe-tec. probably cause it's a chick car. also, z6 killa...hell yeah, friend of mine has one and i stomped his ass with my z6. it's a lot of fun listening to the excuses.
nwi95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in