Went to the track last night (again) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2006, 03:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sleepee is learning the way of the Dsleepee is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Talking Went to the track last night (again)

ok i dunno if some of you remember my last thread, but some of you told me to get my 60ft time down. I tried after (3) runs tonight eh i feel I did a lot better than last time, but I know I still could have done better.

Let's recap

2/10/2006

r/t - .661
60' -2.866
1/8 e/t -12.622
1/8 mph -53.890
1/4 e/t -19.731
1/4 mph -68.950

03-31-2006 (With a no-name CAI.)

r/t - .736
60' -2.797
1/8 e/t -12.215
1/8 mph -34.820
1/4 e/t -18.972
1/4 mph -72.74

05/05/2006-Then Tonight with (3) Passes
(Still with the same setup nothing changed, no-name CAI)

(1st Run)

r/t - .577
60' -2.723
1/8 e/t -11.825
1/8 mph -58.60
1/4 e/t -18.434
1/4 mph -75.16

(2nd Run) - I spun the tires at launch.

r/t - .705
60' -2.762
1/8 e/t -11.947
1/8 mph -58.14
1/4 e/t -18.614
1/4 mph -74.06

(3rd Run) - I raced a buddy of mine in his saturn SC2

r/t - .602
60' -2.744
1/8 e/t -11.641
1/8 mph -59.96
1/4 e/t -18.110
1/4 mph -76.30

I am still using the D15b7 motor with the DX tranny. In a month or so I will be doing the miniME and getting my exhaust finally done all mandrel bent pipes. And getting a EX tranny.

But Overall I think I did a lot better this time around, I know I could have gotten a High 17 but the last run I caught a little water trying to avoid the burnout box and spun out a little on launch.

Till next time!!!
sleepee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepee
I am still using the D15b7 motor with the DX tranny. In a month or so I will be doing the miniME and getting my exhaust finally done all mandrel bent pipes. And getting a EX tranny.
the EX/SI tranny outta help a lot. get the R/T down
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 MrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Don't worry about 60' times... It all matters who's ahead after 1/4 of a mile.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

... We had an accident...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Good sellers/traders: kiloviper, ic3tray, necro, mintchoc91, 92SIcivic, silvertuner98, lilred, guest, sleepingciv, Max713
MrHalder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sleepee is learning the way of the Dsleepee is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHalder
Don't worry about 60' times... It all matters who's ahead after 1/4 of a mile.

actually I really don't care who's ahead at the end, I am trying to see what my car can do until I do some major mod's to it.

So i know down the line when I get things installed I can see the increase of power and a quicker 1/4 e/t.

Compare my slips from Stock to majorly modded.

---------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX
the EX/SI tranny outta help a lot. get the R/T down
yeah I am gonna be getting the SI tranny soon. I can't wait. These long gears are just too long for my shifting habits.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Keep up the good work man good luck!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searexsi
Keep up the good work man good luck!
thanks
Old 05-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
mr.tony86

what head are you plan on using for your miniME
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have a z6 head i've been working on lately.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

why were you avoiding the preheat?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHalder
Don't worry about 60' times...
uhh, 60' is the most important part of the 1/4 mile. it is the biggest determining factor in your times...

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

ok, why so slow?

How are you driving?

Is the car warmed up?

Was is the track elevation?

Reason I'm asking, my bone stock DX nevber went slower than a 16.60, did a best of 16.44 it's first night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

did you have 3 other people in the car?

slow times... :sadface:

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
ok, why so slow?

How are you driving?

Is the car warmed up?

Was is the track elevation?

Reason I'm asking, my bone stock DX nevber went slower than a 16.60, did a best of 16.44 it's first night.
The Way i am driving is trying to reach the power band on every shift which i thought was around 6k -

Not sure on the track elevation it's at LVMS-Las Vegas Motor Speedway

I am also driving a 4dr so I am not sure if that is much of a difference. W/ full interior.

Last edited by sleepee; 05-08-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 MrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
uhh, 60' is the most important part of the 1/4 mile. it is the biggest determining factor in your times...

Sorry never raced at a track... I didn't relize it was that important.

... We had an accident...
:

Good sellers/traders: kiloviper, ic3tray, necro, mintchoc91, 92SIcivic, silvertuner98, lilred, guest, sleepingciv, Max713
MrHalder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 12:11 AM   #15 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepee

I am also driving a 4dr W/ full interior

S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

^^^^ LOL

First time on my stock heavy del sol w/ phat 18's with the stock DX d15 and tranny i did 17.2 in the 1/4

your 60' sux it looks similar to what i ran recently, damn 3000rpm 2step was bad (t3t4) and the tranny holding me back big time didnt help eaither

Last edited by X292J; 05-09-2006 at 12:50 AM.
X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm trying here, oh well. Maybe I should just hang up the towel and quit then. :s::
Old 05-09-2006, 06:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to X292J

Not that im a drag guru but waht are you doing on the launch?
IMO just rev that sucker and soon as it turns green drop the clutch.

lose some weight and im sure that might help you , both core supports, jack, spare ect...

X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

When I am bout to launch I try to keep the rev around 2700 anything higher than that my tires spin.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:15 AM   #20 (permalink)

I ran (3) times again tonight and I keep getting the same times.

So hmm I think it's time for me to slap an exhaust on and a header.

And finally my miniMe swap.

hopefully i'll be in the 17's then haha.

but there is something weird with this track.

my boy in his dc with ls motor(built), ran 15's at a track in VA
came down here with same setup and ran 17's

he was really pissed.

I didn't think the elevation would have a 2 second difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in