1st time @ strip.... :( - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34
Default 1st time @ strip.... :(

well chipped my ecu and hit the track this weekend
come to find out the track was just repaved and it was the first night its been raced on
i only got 2 passes in and my best was
reaction .6509
60 ft 2.4900
330 ft 6.9111
1/8th mile 10.5
1/8th mile 67.86
1000 ft 13.5529
1/4 et 16.1732
1/4 mph 86.64

im really disappointed with my times but i was trapping about the same as guys who were running low to mid 15's but i just couldnt get ANY traction at all

also i must thank 5speed4life for helping me out with this shit, couldnt have done it without him, hes a standup guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

which car?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

i only own 1 lol, my eg

Old 04-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

where did the EP go???

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Rayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9295EJ-t
where did the EP go???
he finally found a serious buyer a couple weeks back I believe. Has some parts for sale still aye Jimmy?

Get ya some mount inserts (if you don't have em), and some slicks. Were you getting much wheel hop at all?

Man, I'm just not very good at drag-racing, at least not with a tree. If I do a roll run I can do tons better. Practice, practice!!

Sucks you only got 2 runs. Usually if I hit the local Tuesday night open drags early enough, and no one blows up or spills anything, we can get anywhere from 4 to 8 runs.
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2006, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

dealer bought my si back for next to nothing... long story i dont feel like getting into

i didnt get wheel hop bad on 1st run but my best run i had really bad wheelhop, caused somethign to go wrong with my battery or alternator so i thought so i didnt run anymore

Old 04-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

16.1 isnt bad, work on your 60' and get some sticky tires and that should drop a lot.

traction bar and motor mount inserts would be a good investment

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

well the tires i have arent that bad at all
falken ziex 512's 215/40... the track was just horrible for traction though being the first runs on it
a few evos were there and running way high 13's and low 14's, same thing with a lot of the dsm guys too
i think if i was somewhere else i could have hit low 15s easily maybe high 14's...
ive got my mind on afew different options right now and see where im gogin, but it isnt staying how it sits for long

Old 04-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

heres a couple of pics from my trip up to cleveland for this, the crx is 5speed4lifes.....

Old 04-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

where's your other turn signal? lol

btw, not bad on the times.. were they spraying the track?

my one and only baby..

[br]
[br]
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5speed4life

So I wake up yesterday morning, with my roomate poking me in the ass. Im like WTF, then i turn over and it was JIMMY B!

It was fun to have Jimmy B up here.

The track was very slow to begin with. Last nite was the first time the track was open since being repaved. I was pullin [email protected] with my 12:1 ls crx.

I got 4 runs in between my tuning attempts. My laptop was being so ghey. i wanted to throw it on the track. I was lined up for my last run, and it got rained out. we were all pissed. Oh well.

Till next time Jimmy B.
5speed4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all5speed4life is a name known to all

[/QUOTE]
My car makes your car look huge.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Rayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Two things. . .One, you could basically work on anticipating the lights on the tree. Its a little hard to get used to. I jumped the gun a couple times the last time I went to the drags. Hopefully you'll be able to get your RT down to around .2 or .25 2nd, work on getting your 60ft times down to 2. I guess I'm wondering what rpms are you launching at?? I don't even know what would be a good rev for the D--and your particular setup. Hopefully someone will chime in or you could do a search on launching.

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speed4life
So I wake up yesterday morning, with my roomate poking me in the ass. Im like WTF, then i turn over and it was JIMMY B!

It was fun to have Jimmy B up here.
That sounds a little wierd. . .You guys didn't watch Brokeback Mountain the night before did U? J/K
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

1st time i launched at 3500 and had massive instant wheelspin
2nd run i launched at 2800 and just chirped then mad wheelhop lol

i WILL be doing this again lol, its addictive!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

lsturbohatch10 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lsturbohatch10

not to bad... i look at the 1/8th mile tho. cuz ive never ran the 1/4. you could defenately bring your 60ft times down... my mph in the 1/8th was just slightly higher than yours. and i was running 9.9's which is approx. a 15.45. id say you can definately run a 15.99 or below. i agree, its so much fun i am going to go every other weekend

active REP WHORE. you rep me i rep you back, on a mission to 3000 rep points

Quote:
but thats what d-series is all about. cheap affordable performance.
lsturbohatch10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden
Two things. . .One, you could basically work on anticipating the lights on the tree. Its a little hard to get used to. I jumped the gun a couple times the last time I went to the drags. Hopefully you'll be able to get your RT down to around .2 or .25 2nd, work on getting your 60ft times down to 2. I guess I'm wondering what rpms are you launching at?? I don't even know what would be a good rev for the D--and your particular setup. Hopefully someone will chime in or you could do a search on launching.
your reaction time should change your overall time by the way. lol
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2006, 09:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehell1051
your reaction time should change your overall time by the way. lol
not at all. I can sit at the green lite for 5 min, and still run a 13 sec time.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34
1st time i launched at 3500 and had massive instant wheelspin
2nd run i launched at 2800 and just chirped then mad wheelhop lol

i WILL be doing this again lol, its addictive!!!!!!!
launching to low, 15s or 14s and stickier tires

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2006, 11:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway
launching to low, 15s or 14s and stickier tires
i think a 15.5 maybe at best with tires
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2006, 11:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehell1051
i think a 15.5 maybe at best with tires
i was sayin 15 or 14 inch rims w/ better tires lol

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in