TRACKED!! All-motor NA d16z6, close ratio transmission - VIDEOS! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 curlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default TRACKED!! All-motor NA d16z6, close ratio transmission - VIDEOS!

Hey everyone.

I've finally had a chance to take my project to the track. I took my 1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si with an NA built d16z6 and close ratio transmission to the open lapping session hosted by touge.ca at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Driver Development Track in Bowmaville, Ontario.

I'm running BF Goodrich g-Force Rival S 205-50-15 tires. The suspension and brakes have all been upgraded. You can see the details in an older thread here. It doesn't include the new motor and transmission details but the brake and suspension upgrades are still current.

You can see the engine build details here and the transmission build here.

Compared to last year the car feels like a completely different vehicle. There's a substantial difference in power now. You can really feel and hear the VTEC engagement with the Rocket Motorsports stage-4 camshaft. I'm making power right up to 7500rpm. The MFactory 3rd gear is the biggest improvement. I'm able to keep the motor in VTEC and make good power at higher RPM's with the RM camshaft and valve train. Compared to last year this is the most noticeable improvement.

I've attached the links to some video clips I made of the day. Most were recorded from my GoPro and a couple with my iPhone using the Track Addict application.

Chasing a B16A swapped Honda Civic Si (EX coupe in the US), Nissan Sylvia, BMW 235i and a Porsche Cayman S. The driver of the Civic and I had some great battles thoughout the day. He's an excellent driver.
https://youtu.be/vCykxfy0DEs

Chasing a Honda S2000
https://youtu.be/3YxnfP-vIgU

Chasing a Nissan GTR
https://youtu.be/UJGWjpajUjY

Chasing a Porsche GT3
https://youtu.be/8yRuJcErOfI

Chasing a B20VTEC swapped Acura EL and Nissan 350z
https://youtu.be/oMoRKv2ypCo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si.
The old: NA d16z6 - 158whp - RIP May 22, 2017 (dropped exhaust valve)
The new: OBD1 JDM GSR 1.8L DOHC VTEC - 198whp, 138wtrq, Integra Type-R S80 LSD transmission.

Last edited by curlybandit; 08-01-2016 at 12:59 PM.
curlybandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Amazing to watch you run down all that expensive metal with 155bhp. Power to weight rules. Well done
114266 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 curlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Amazing to watch you run down all that expensive metal with 155bhp. Power to weight rules. Well done
Thanks! It feels great doing it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The new: OBD1 JDM GSR 1.8L DOHC VTEC - 198whp, 138wtrq, Integra Type-R S80 LSD transmission.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

sounds good
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 seajay2525 is learning the way of the Dseajay2525 is learning the way of the D

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed those videos. The car does sound great.
seajay2525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2016, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Nice to see other guys rocking the chassis!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10626208_10203637846763967_2088761257839251439_o (1).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	113425  
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2016, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay2525 View Post
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed those videos. The car does sound great.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-serious View Post
Nice to see other guys rocking the chassis!
Great looking del Sol. It's virtually impossible to see a del Sol around that isn't falling apart up here, let alone one at the track. Happy to represent!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in