Nor Cal track day! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Default Nor Cal track day!

What's good fellas! I previously attended a HPDE back in March and had a chance to meet with Rob (Cali noob). I plan on running again this June 14 at Sonoma Raceway. This is another invitation for any of ya'll to come with and join the fun! I'm trying to get some of my other buddies to go as well.

National Auto Sport Association - nasaproracing.com

Let me know if you have any questions of the process to register and prep the car and what not. It's fairly simple and I encourage any car, stock or modified to roll. It's a great experience and tons of fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
built single cam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I will 2nd that, even if you don't participate, it's a lot of fun just being there, lot's of cars and like minded petrol heads, I'll probably not be participating if I can make it. Spending a day at the track is my favorite thing I can do...with my pants on lol

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

bump!

built single cam.

track tool.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Might have to cancel this one. Family emergency and no babysitter. BUT I am looking at going in September back to Sonoma. I'll venture off to Thunderhill next year. Want to hit up Sonoma at least one more time this year to understand the line there better.

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

National Auto Sport Association - nasaproracing.com

September 27-28. Even more time to save up some dough and prep for the event!!!

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Sorry to hear you have to cancel out, I wasn't going to make it this time either, these treatments are kicking my ass, it's all I can do to get out of bed at any point in the day lol, won't be spending the day at the track anytime soon lol. Hopefully by Sept I'll be done with treatment, and still alive, will be there as soon as I can for as long as I can

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I feel for you bro. I understand the effects of treatment and the amount of energy it takes away from you. Stay hydrated and rest up man.

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 19 2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Oh man, Im gunna want to hook up with you guys and attend one of these as well. The old girl needs to have place to go stretch her legs! Never done a full on track day before. Tons of auto-x but no HPDEs yet.

1991 Civic Si 335,000 miles

The engine doesnt matter. Its small, it pulls, and when it makes noise I advance forward.
2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200
2000redCIVICsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Are you still down in San Diego? Would be a loooong drive if you are. There are good tracks in so cal, check out AutoClub in Fontana (cheap from what I hear) and, if you want to go a little further north, Willow Springs just north of Lancaster looks like it's a lot of fun too

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 19 2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano

Im moving to Yuba City in 2 weeks

The engine doesnt matter. Its small, it pulls, and when it makes noise I advance forward.
2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200
Old 05-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yuba City? Shit, Thunderhill is right there...I'm jelly

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Trackmasters is offering full trackday for $130 at T-hill this Saturday. I was thinking about it but the run group is for intermediate to advanced. I'm not sure what that entails with trackmasters in terms of passing and whatnot but I know that means no instructor. I'm brave but not that brave haha. T-hill is a fast course too.

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yeah, I don't think letting noobs on a track uninstructed is a good idea lol, I am very pro instructor for at least the first few laps.

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Im a seasoned auto-xer and Id prefer an instructor for at least the first few laps.

But not only is Thunder hill only an hour from the house, but Infineon/Sonoma raceway is an hour and a half. Im stoked!!!!

2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200

Last edited by 2000redCIVICsi; 05-23-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

@2000redcivicsi. Let me know if your down for September man. Few things are needed for the event but it's pretty easy to do. Honestly the most expensive thing would be a helmet but since you auto-x I'm sure you got that covered.

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I have a few helmets, BUT, recently at a local drag race event they wouldnt allow either of mine. They are DOT and ECE apporoved, but not SNELL. Ill most likely need to get a SNELL approved helmet. Its a scorpion EXO-750 motorcycle helmet so I was sure it would be ok.....guess not.

September is still up in the air. In my opinion, the car needs more love to participate in an HPDE. The chassis has 340,000 miles on it and feels floppy to say the least. The motor mounts are pretty old and not very solid any more either. A cage would help with rigity and saftey alike, but I doubt theres a cage requirement.

At the least, I can say for now that my answer isnt "No." Id say its a good solid "Maybe."

The car's thread is in my sig if you wanna check it out. Straight up barnyard rescue....

2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200
Old 05-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Check out his past threads, somewhere in there is the one where we met at Sears Point, he took his surprisingly stock EK coupe out and had a great time with it. With autox and hpde, it is encouraged to bring your dd, whatever it is, and take it to the next level. Cage is totally unnecessary. You will have to pass a "scrutineering" session, so, everything mechanically will need to be sound (brakes, tires, seat belts, general condition), not sure about leaks but if it's "noticeable", they may say fix it.

As for the helmet, these hpde's are NASA sponsored, go to their site (National Auto Sport Association - nasaproracing.com) and you can look up what specs are required, I'm sure bike helmets are okay, couldn't hurt to make sure.

I know motorcycle and car helmet testing standards are very different, bike helmets are meant to take one big hit and that's all they really check for, car helmets are designed to take many many hits and still maintain integrity, they test on a completely different set of standards.

Also, not to threadjack, but if you're going to be a local now, you should come out to one of our infrequent get-togethers, we usually meet at a public park and bbq (we did it a couple times at members houses and once at a Buffalo Wild Wings), family friendly, no hooning on site, always a good time

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Last edited by Cali Noob; 05-24-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Oh yeah I remember your car. It was the ranch car. If you feel the car isn't ready yet then yeah definitely a maybe lol. There's a mandatory tech inspection performed by sanctioned shops that will sign off on your car. It's free of charge and they just over basic stuff like play in wheel bearings, bushings, balljoints, oil leaks etc. Theyre not too strict. What they really care about is safety and make sure you don't eat it on the track because of faulty equipment. But yeah take your time with it no rush man.

built single cam.

track tool.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Oh Im sure itll be safe, but I cant promise after a good hard day of running it that it would mke it home. Its just basic stuff. Id like to get the motor mounts replaced and the front end definitely needs bushings.

The right front upper control arm sides fore and aft on its rubber bushings. They are good and toast.....

The brakes are all new, tires are definitely good. LIke i said, im sure the car would be fine, but theres just a few bits Id feel better about after they were shown some love.

2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200

Last edited by 2000redCIVICsi; 05-24-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

ANd Im looking forward to a few infrequent gatherings with fellow members!

2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in