Import Face Off - Bakersfield, CA - February 10th, 2013 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Khnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Khnemu
Default Import Face Off - Bakersfield, CA - February 10th, 2013

Anyone planning on going? Trying to show Cliff Wallace that SoCal isn't dead for import drag racing. Show some support guys!

You can print this flyer out for $2 off admission!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Khnemu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 JWilli8200 will become famous soon enoughJWilli8200 will become famous soon enoughJWilli8200 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I will be there, only like 45 minutes from my house.
JWilli8200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 559civic_dx is hot as a volcano559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

Im consisering going. There really isnt anything stopping me from going so i think yes ill go. Lets set up a d-series meet there?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my 1996 hatch build in progress

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
[B]R.I.P. CALI NOOB
559civic_dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Khnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilli8200 View Post
I will be there, only like 45 minutes from my house.
Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 559civic_dx View Post
Im consisering going. There really isnt anything stopping me from going so i think yes ill go. Lets set up a d-series meet there?

I'm down, hopefully my brother's turbo D16 is finished by then. I want to know what it runs with a retune from 320 whp.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 JWilli8200 will become famous soon enoughJWilli8200 will become famous soon enoughJWilli8200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khnemu View Post
Nice!
I'm down, hopefully my brother's turbo D16 is finished by then. I want to know what it runs with a retune from 320 whp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 559civic_dx View Post
Yea a D meet would be cool. ill be there with my 97 lx hopefully have y8 head and suspension done by then. Its alittle busted right now, but not going to show mine off anyways. Hope to see some other D's there!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 Alexf2003 is learning the way of the DAlexf2003 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Alexf2003

I'll go.

1992 Honda Civic SI D16Z6
1992 Honda Civic CX D16Z6
Alexf2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

hmmm...

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

im down for sure its been a while. with tax season it gives me a bit a leverage to get my car decent.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 559civic_dx is hot as a volcano559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
559civic_dx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

Um...so do we set something up?

my 1996 hatch build in progress

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
[B]R.I.P. CALI NOOB
559civic_dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Anybody been there before and know what the facilities or parking situation is like? i heard it can be quite a spectacle getting into the parking lot. How about a way to identify each other? like numbers on the window for racing why not a D-Series something or other on the window and a designated spot to park? i dont know just a thought, me and my wife and my bro will be there doing a little Bar-B-Q and drink a brew in the parking lot. Maybe with more people idk, at least one honda and possibly a 86 chrysler new yoker with a turbo 4. lol
Old 12-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano
ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If you have never been there ill give you the low down. It smells bad because of all the fertilizer from all the farms. The dirt in the parking lot sucks and the paved part isnt much better. (If you cant tell im not much of a fan of that track lol)
ogdougynutty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I go there all the time, the parking lot is huge so there should be no problems. Getting in though is a spectacle but they're getting better at handling it. I think DSO in painter's tape or window marker is fine. I'll try and get a big enough space for us to park together. Glad I made this thread, didn't think anyone would be down. haha

Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogdougynutty View Post
If you have never been there ill give you the low down. It smells bad because of all the fertilizer from all the farms. The dirt in the parking lot sucks and the paved part isnt much better. (If you cant tell im not much of a fan of that track lol)
I don't see why a smell would keep you from racing, no one is bothered by it when I go. Unless you're a sissy.

the parking lot is rough but it's not like you're driving more then 10 mph in it. The track is where it's at doe.

Quote and add your name to this list so we can get a feel on who's going.

DSO Bakersfield Meet:
Khnemu

Old 12-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
i have been out by there, the track is only 45 minutes from me roughly, just never been to an event there. But i would think the smell of gas and burnt rubber should more then satisfy the senses and block any fertilizer smell. lol

Quote:
I go there all the time, the parking lot is huge so there should be no problems. Getting in though is a spectacle but they're getting better at handling it. I think DSO in painter's tape or window marker is fine. I'll try and get a big enough space for us to park together. Glad I made this thread, didn't think anyone would be down. haha
Nice i drive by there alot just never happened to be there during an event. Cant wait to check it out, i used to like 5 minutes from LACR back in the day but thats old news. Havnt been to bakersfield for drag, been to fontana alot though. yea i like the DSO on the window idea (unintentional rhyme) ill probably be there pretty early in the day because want to get a spot and grill some food and watch the entrance stampede lol.
Anyone else out there in southern california lets get this thing going!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote and add your name to this list so we can get a feel on who's going.

DSO Bakersfield Meet:
Khnemu
JWilli8200 +2
Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano
ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Well for a first timer, its quite a different smell, and im used to racing there for 3+ days straight. Its never stopped me, just dont like it. Plus for everyone else, you can probably take my advice with a grain a salt. That place with a dragster is just not fun. Civic might not be as bad haha.

Im still thinking about going, make it a trip and go to willow springs in my corolla.
ogdougynutty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

When's the next event at Pacific Raceways? I should go race James from SF. Lol
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Well for a first timer, its quite a different smell, and im used to racing there for 3+ days straight. Its never stopped me, just dont like it. Plus for everyone else, you can probably take my advice with a grain a salt. That place with a dragster is just not fun. Civic might not be as bad haha.

Im still thinking about going, make it a trip and go to willow springs in my corolla.
ill be at willow springs on saturday for a speed ventures event that day, i live in between willow springs and bakersfield so both are super close.

how bad would you say the parking is? far as pot holes and stuff, i sit pretty low and with 4 people in my car will be scaping on EVERYTHING.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilli8200 View Post
ill be at willow springs on saturday for a speed ventures event that day, i live in between willow springs and bakersfield so both are super close.

how bad would you say the parking is? far as pot holes and stuff, i sit pretty low and with 4 people in my car will be scaping on EVERYTHING.
I live in Lancaster lol, not too far away. :P

There are no potholes, just cracks that make it bumpy.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I live in Lancaster lol, not too far away. :P

There are no potholes, just cracks that make it bumpy.
hahaha nice i live in mojave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in