RRR AutoX event #7 chaired by yours truly, 9/23/12 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx
Default RRR AutoX event #7 chaired by yours truly, 9/23/12

That's right, this will be my first event to chair and course to design on September 23! Our event 6 went off well and was chaired by first-timer and fellow DSO member Abide. We're a small region, with turnout usually between 35-55 on a fairly small asphalt lot, but the top third of our PAX'ers are guys who've been doing it a long time and have been competitive at nationals and tour events if you want a challenge!

8AM - Registration opens
8:30AM - Tech-in opens
9:30AM - Driver's meeting
10AM - First car on course

$20 for novices and SCCA members
$30 for non-members and non-novices

We're usually done by around 2-3PM, depending on how many people show up. Course layout isn't finalized, but this is pretty close to what it'll end up being.

Should note that start is on the left, exit is in the middle. I'm open to pointers from veteran autocrossers on here for course setup advice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB

Last edited by xotic_crx; 08-16-2012 at 02:20 PM.
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!

To the top! My co-chair and I have been kicking around different course designs today, I'm gonna work on some tonight. Hope some of ya'll can make it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
Old 09-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Finalized the course map on a printout of the site.

< Like us on FB

Old 09-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abide

I know im excited......FOR VENGEANCE

and seeing if the co-driver has improved
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abide View Post
I know im excited......FOR VENGEANCE

and seeing if the co-driver has improved
I bet she's gotten more experience working your stick shift ZING!

Totally related:

I may actually wash my car if time permits it, after the alignment tomorrow it should be done so I can tidy it up Friday since the strip is closed.

< Like us on FB
Old 09-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

damn why do you have to be so far away :-/ i wanna see this is action looks like a fun course and alot like the one i just drove, i've been meaning to post my kick ass videos for you placed first in CS in an rx8 last weekend i have 8 runs to post and 6 from two weeks before that haha

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all

I'm planning on washing mine saturday if you just wanna come over early. pressure washer is good to go for wheels too. Just need to mow first so i dont get grass all over everything.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondalx97 View Post
damn why do you have to be so far away :-/ i wanna see this is action looks like a fun course and alot like the one i just drove, i've been meaning to post my kick ass videos for you placed first in CS in an rx8 last weekend i have 8 runs to post and 6 from two weeks before that haha
Haha yeah, it does suck. We should start an autocross video thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abide View Post
I'm planning on washing mine saturday if you just wanna come over early. pressure washer is good to go for wheels too. Just need to mow first so i dont get grass all over everything.
You must be lonely in that house with just you and the cat lol. I've gotta clean the crap off these tires, guess I'll use a buffer and some sandpaper haha.

< Like us on FB
Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

well that was interesting.

Event #7 September 23rd 2012 - Jerome's first event
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Love the maniacal laugh that starts at 1 =)

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Interesting, like you didn't like it?! Lol. Course was fun but didn't flow like I wanted, we had to reverse the start/finish and run it backward so we wouldn't be exiting into the spectator area. It was also quite a bit faster than I had anticipated, I know Abide was riding limiter through the crossover after the chicago box and I was bumping it as well.

I'll post some pics and a video of my 5th run (about a second off my fastest). My car was all over the place til the last run when I figured out how to drive on R comps...aaaaand could've been the toe out I had dialed in.

Kappa PAX'd 21, Abide was 7th and I finished 4th being .022" of the FTD.

< Like us on FB
Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

interesting on your raw time.

I hate hate hate not being able to tune still. I could have bounced for another second or two and still had control. But the up-shift would slow me down. maybe they will change the rules or someone that isn't greddy will have a decent piggy back by then. not being able to buy a cheap $700 flasher just infuriates me
Old 09-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Abide's car, his "co-driver" piloting it here:

Kappa's new ride:

Me:

Some others there

Top PAX car, actually took 1st and 2nd with co-drivers:

Our friend's FR-S, stock just running STX

Fastest RAW time car (.022" faster than me >_<)

< Like us on FB
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
Haha yeah, it does suck. We should start an autocross video thread.

You must be lonely in that house with just you and the cat lol. I've gotta clean the crap off these tires, guess I'll use a buffer and some sandpaper haha.
deal, i'll upload all my videos when i get to my girls place thats a very good idea i like that

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

and another question why are those 2.5rs in STC is it just a common mistake cause it happens at a small club i go to and it just doesn't seem right

Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

No, they're in the rule book in STC. STC now has a set list of cars in it, it is really about the only thing that can come close to an STC 89-91 Civic Si, even then it's really not that close. They're heavy and underpowered, open front diff and viscour rear with a fwd bias on the power. That one above will be nice soon, he's got some AST coilovers he'll put on one day.

< Like us on FB
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

man thats intresting, too bad like you said really nothing can touch the 89 si's i need to get me one, but there aren't any even worth looking at around here

Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

Honestly, STC is such a hard class to get competitive in (as is STS), that's one reason I decided to stay SMF. Lot more money, but not as much competition nationally.

< Like us on FB
Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

What engine was sticking out of the hood of the #77 RAW car?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

It's a ford v6 with a supercharger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in