Our all new car for 2012 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to rdc Send a message via MSN to rdc Send a message via Skype™ to rdc
Default Our all new car for 2012

Tiger Sport lost both its cars in a settlement when two partners left.
So we had to start from scratch.
In 3 weeks. We where able to build and put this baby on the grid.
The body kit was designed for 17" slicks. Which is the new rubber for this season.

Once again thanks to all the guys on here for your support and help. I will try and get a few team shirts out at least to Bone and David.

Cheers
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t3.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	31808  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Mmmmmm . . . rivted plates holding things together. Oh yes, I like that!

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!

raw. Badass.
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Nice RHD swap.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

looks cool! interesting muffler hanging out on the side there! too bad we cant see the ebay i bet ur intake will look very interesting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

More pics!!!

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

more pics indeed. sucks to hear your guys (and cars) flaked. GL

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Canihazmoniez

zero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the skyzero183 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Well.... The front end looks sweet!!!! Lets see the rest
#1 Sedan Hater
zero183 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....

Sounds like you got in the middle of a real shitfight.

Better luck this time round.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up
Send a message via ICQ to rdc Send a message via MSN to rdc Send a message via Skype™ to rdc

Hey all is cool. We went from 4 partners to two partners. Which makes life very very simple. This race weekend didnt go too well. And there was nothing anybody in the team could do about it. Our driver fell sick. Races are Sat and Sunday. Qualifying on Friday. Last minute we are told our Driver is in the ICU on Drip. Then the high octane gas we where expecting didnt show up so we had to run on pump. The only guy we could find to drive the car. Hit the wall in practice bending it. So I took a call to pull my good motor and just run a stock motor on pump. Cause there is no way Im gona risk my good motor to pump gas. But when we did run the good motor as in qualifying it was nice to see that it was able to outpull the cars I wanted it to outpull down the straight. The driver was driving on this track for the first time. He is a young kid. And he had a very steep learning curve this weekend. He has a good coach and Im sure he will improve fast. Our actual driver is an ex. factory team driver one of the top guys in the country. So Im not bothered. Just hope he can drive in the next round. Once he gets in the seat it will be a very different picture.
The stock motor we put into the car blew up. But I dont give a shit about that. Its just last years motor. Which had a seasons worth of racing on it allready. And only had stock bits in it. It had over 30% leak down when we put it in. It would have lasted the race if they hadn't red flagged the race twice. And make them do 2-3 formation laps.
More pics on the way for sure.
Not much to see in the engine bay. We try to give the impression that we are fools and we run all stock bits. So even the Exhaust has the stock heat shield over it.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Mmmmmm . . . rivted plates holding things together. Oh yes, I like that!
This shot was taken after the kid hit the wall. So it was fixed up over night. Nobody in the team had more than 2-3 hours of sleep a night for a week straight.

Friday night was spent fixing the damage from hitting the wall flat out.
Sat night was spent pulling the good motor and putting in the stock motor.
I dont think anybody slept friday, sat or sunday. When I flew home sunday I just walked in and passed out on the bed.

Sundays race was a joke. 18 car grid reduced to 10 cars.
Race red flaged twice, 3 formation laps, one return to pits to top up. I think the marshaling of the races will need to improve. Since we changed engines. We had to start from the back of the grid. So we missed both pile ups. If the engine hadnt blown we would have had a good finish. Just cause the top 6-8 cars where out of the race in fact our under powered esteem finished 6th on two cylinders lol.

The grid is now split into two camps. Those with av-gas and those without av-gas.

Its against the law in this country to use av-gas in a car. Its a highly controlled commodity. Only given to people who have aircraft. That need it.
You can score drugs easier than you can score av-gas. Last year at the Technical Commite meeting when this topic was brought up we where assured that the Track would make arrangements to provide the gas. or it would ensure every body would be given pump to make the racing fair.

No worries I should have some av-gas by next race.
We experimented with Toluene. But I think at high ratios. Its striping oil. So I would rather run just pump. We can only afford one good motor per season. So getting the right gas is critical.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

This is what the car looked like on Wed.

Im happy we blew the stock motor. The Rod just snapped. Going down the straight.
It taught us a lot of valuable lessons. It was a stock motor with only the manifold, exhaust, cam, and springs from the good motor. We had one 2 minute data log on which to map the ecu with.
Which we picked up driving from the main gate to the pit.

The one lesson it taught me which is worth sharing is that when it comes to track racing. Every driver needs a separate map. If you give a map you have developed for Racer A to Racer B. Your bound to have issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wed.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	31820  

Last edited by rdc; 07-09-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Sorry to hear you had such issues, but glad you're upbeat about the future.

Maybe I've missed it but what is your part with the team, lol I always assumed you were the driver.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....

Good work putting that thing back together over night!
Old 07-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

keep at it. its never going to be easy if its worth doing.
Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....

If it's easy, everyone can do it. It's the hard bit that sorts the chaff from the wheat.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Yeah Pat thats the way I look at it. Anybody can build a race motor. Anybody can map an ecu. Its if you can do all this in under 12 hours that separates the men from the boys.
This was also the first race weekend when we didnt have race gas. So we really didnt want to risk a good motor on pump.

Im the Technical Director of the Team. That is my role. Design and build the engine.
Dyno tune it. And then work with the driver to give him a map suited to his driving style. Suspension is handled by another consultant.

First I told them that 3 weeks was absurd to import parts, get them past customs, and build a motor. Its not like you can order jack shit locally. But then I was told if you can pull this off. The rest of your life any challenge would be a walk in the park so we did our best to get it all together and on the grid.
Ideally you dont want to risk your number 1 car with a novice driver, ideally you dont want to be mapping with 2 minutes of log with one pull in 2nd but hey at least now Ill be taken more seriously when I say we need at least a hour to make a map.

The rod snapped. It snapped where the oil hole is drilled. This has shown us the weak link with the stock honda rods. Its at the bid end where the oil hole weakens the complete structure. We will be moving to a custom billet crank and billet rods in the near future. I normally put my rods thru a process which was not done for these stock rods. So what ever im doing to the rods must help.

Our priority list pre 2nd race which is on the 26th is
1. Source Av-Gas you cant be competitive on pump. Against those with high octane.
It just cant be done. Since more than 50% of the cars on the grid have their high octane they dont want a rule change. Even though its not legal as per law to even be in possession of Av-Gas.

We didnt have a choice this time as our sponsors landed up to see us race. So we had to put a car on the grid. This year should be easy as I only have one car to focus on.
Last year we where the only team on the gird to complete a season with zero engine problems. But we suffered from crappy suspension this year the suspension is sorted. The driver is sorted and we only need av-gas and we are set for good year.

Last edited by rdc; 07-11-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Post details of this billet crank and rods once able!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

why billet crank? seems like a waste of money when they have been shown to hold up to a lot more than what you are doing to them. Billet rods on the other hand.....

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

why not just run a shit load of toluene, or xylene, or mtbe additive?

or all of them. haha
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in