Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust systems - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2004, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust systems

I installed this system Dynomax, also known as Walker mufflers, on my CRX because the system keeps the stock look. I wanted a nice sounding exhaust note, but not some loud ass muffler that would keep the 5.0 pulling me over wherever I may roam.

It’s a nice sounding exhaust not loud at all, but not silent. It has a deep tone on it. The installation was easy none the less. The only thing wrong with it I noticed is that it is designed for the stock midpipe, so the axle back flange went from the nice 2 1/4 pipe to the small stock size one, in turn cutting exhaust flow slightly.

I bet on the 92-00 systems the catbacks, that the flange keeps the normal size, and doesn’t go back to stock size like the one for my CRX and Civic hatch.

**************July 16 2006---Update**************
I also used the DNX stainless midpipe which yes is manufactured by Dynomax also, just another brand. I had no problems with it, although I believe the flange is off by about 1/8 of an inch between the two products. It didn't pose a problem.

Everything was ordered from Summit Racing, and I even got a dynomax hat and shirt, and a 20 dollar rebate for the midpipe! It's been doing it's job for over two years now, no rust or anything!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	dynomaxrear.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	12115

Last edited by rob42386; 07-16-2006 at 06:09 PM. Reason: adding pics
rob42386 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2004, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

pics maybe ?

i dont know about dynomax
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I've had a dynomax super turbo muffler on my car for 7 years now. When the first one rusted out, it was replaced free + $45 labor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2004, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky

what the hell do they sound like ?
Old 06-27-2004, 01:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

keep up and you'll find out!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

The exhaust tone is a deep sound and occasionally when the throttle is let off it there is a slight rasp sound, but nothing major.

I'm anxious to see what this muffler will sound like with some boost. I know that the boost will quiet the tone up a lot and eliminate the what little raspy sounds there are.

Last edited by rob42386; 07-16-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

email the pics to me or sign up on www.digitalstar.com

Quote:
Old 07-03-2004, 02:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
keep up and you'll find out!!!!!!!!
blah ! ya ya
Old 07-05-2004, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ok digitalstar is down, i want to post it tho!!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 turboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Borat

so i finally got myself a dynomax super turbo muffler - i think ryan89crx had one too... mine was 2.5" offsidein/offsideout on the back of a "custom" 2.5" piping. sounds nice - low deep... everything seemed to be fine until ~3500 rpms...when the rasp came... i immediately thought....."NOOOOOOOO!" but oh well - other than that - sounds good for 50 bucks. all in all ... muffler + piping + labor totaled in $160 bucks! can't wait for the turbo to go in! (that's why i got 2.5" instead of 2.25")

the rasp isn't too noticeable when within the car though. i bet if the windows were up - you wouldn't even know...it just seems to add a low tone to my car...and complements the sound of the aem cai very well. power down low did go down a bit - (butt dyno) - but it seems just fine up top...gotta play around with it a bit. umm..... cruising with it is very do-able... this is coming from a guy with a stock exhaust... it's actually quiter when you have some throttle on it as opposed to none - as in - it's louder when the rpms are on the way down (as opposed to cruising). w/ light throttle - it's noticeable...but barely.

oh, and it looks very nice - stock looking... i'll take pics later.
turboedpickup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

I'll charge the battery on my camcorder and take a quick rev clip of my y7 with testpipe, Dynomax DNX stainless midpipe and Dynomax super turbo muffler
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 06:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

vid is here

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nomax-0000.flv
Old 07-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

aaaaaah dnx midpipe LOL

I have one of those sitting out in the barn. It was on the car for, oh a month before I took it off. It hit the shifter for one. Plus, it had 2.375" piping from the cat's 2" exit back to the flange where it went to something like 1.75" before the 2" flowmaster piping. Man they really screwed it up for the EK. Nice welds tho, not that they did much for the interior drone the crazy size changes made.

edit: rep for the dynomax
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_hornet_96
aaaaaah dnx midpipe LOL

I have one of those sitting out in the barn. It was on the car for, oh a month before I took it off. It hit the shifter for one. Plus, it had 2.375" piping from the cat's 2" exit back to the flange where it went to something like 1.75" before the 2" flowmaster piping. Man they really screwed it up for the EK. Nice welds tho, not that they did much for the interior drone the crazy size changes made.

edit: rep for the dynomax
hmm... it's a custom dynomax lol... they don't make them for the delsol so I had to make a custom flange + ground out the cat flange =-p
btw that is blackish smoke from the exhaust... runs a little rich. i think it has 295cc injectors... Not that I care it still get 30MPG lol

Last edited by torturedsol; 07-01-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 turboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Boratturboedpickup smells like Borat

just to make sure... it's raspy for you too right? ... i found out today... that it sounds pretty good "no-rasp" when the windows are up...but when they're down you can hear it a little - but NOTHING compared to driving behind the car and hearing it go up the rpms.

how's interior resonance for you?
turboedpickup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 11:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboedpickup
just to make sure... it's raspy for you too right? ... i found out today... that it sounds pretty good "no-rasp" when the windows are up...but when they're down you can hear it a little - but NOTHING compared to driving behind the car and hearing it go up the rpms.

how's interior resonance for you?
Loud as a motha fucka with headers, test-pipe and the intake going all at once lol I can take a interior vid of me driving it lol

You all will get to laugh at how slow my car is lol

Last edited by torturedsol; 07-02-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Smile troble connecting my vtec.would appreciate any help.

i just finisht my minime swap d15b7 bottom with d16z6 ported head with skunk 2 camshaft jdm cam gear,front strut bar ,aem cold air intake with water bybass exedy stage 2 racing clutch,fidanza ligth weigth flywheel jdm stainless steal headers, reactive catback exhaust system,magstar 8.5 performance racing cablesand skunk 2 racing ecu.I just need one more step,and that is to connect my vtec.i gotta run the wire from the ecu to the selenoid.I would really appreciate any help.
lazermad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazermad
i just finisht my minime swap d15b7 bottom with d16z6 ported head with skunk 2 camshaft jdm cam gear,front strut bar ,aem cold air intake with water bybass exedy stage 2 racing clutch,fidanza ligth weigth flywheel jdm stainless steal headers, reactive catback exhaust system,magstar 8.5 performance racing cablesand skunk 2 racing ecu.I just need one more step,and that is to connect my vtec.i gotta run the wire from the ecu to the selenoid.I would really appreciate any help.
WTF?! This Thread is about Dynomax Super turbo Exhaust Systems..... Please don't thread jack it's really :fag: :slap: Go over in the n/a or general tech area for crap like that.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

One would be to not hijack a thread.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Meh, guess I'll grab my cam and take a quick vid of the sound inside the cabin in the morning. It's not bad as long as you're not layin on the gas lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in