Dropzone Shocks - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2004, 06:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack
Default Dropzone Shocks

I recently picked up a set of slightly used Dropzone Shocks (I'm poor, but look for a worthwhile bargain), and though I haven't had them on long, it is an enormous improvement. The ride is still firm due to my spring rate, but nicely damped so I'm quite happy with them. I'll keep everyone informed as to how they hold up and such.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2004, 04:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
delsolja

can you adjust the dampening? what kinda springs are you using?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2004, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
egOt

hahaha nice avatar delsolja....Anyways, how much of a drop are you running? Inform us again later to see if they're still good, because i havent heard that many good reviews from dropzone.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

somewhere around 2 inches I'd guess....and they are cheap coilovers that I've had since last year. Fairly insane spring rate...but these shocks have made the drive so much more pleasant, and no, you can't adjust them.....but they are good enough for the moment. So, if you just need something to smooth out the ride till you can afford better, then these are not bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
Old 06-22-2004, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
calboi510

any complaints on the dropzone shocks? they have a lifetime warranty...so i was thinking the company must really believe in these shocks.

i might get a set, they are really cheap and life time warranted.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

ehhh ...

like he said dropzone is a cheap upgrade till you can afford better ..

you get what you pay for
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2004, 08:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hondaphile

true, true. I'm looking at switching over to springs before too long, and hopefully will be able to save up for some agx or koni yellows. But it's tamed the ride considerably for the time being. You do get what you pay for.

Old 06-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
TH DEL SOL SI

AHH i had those dropzone's on my car, i got a brand new set for about 250.00 and they were sick for about 2 weeks and then i hit a hole in the ground and blew both front one's. and good luck with the warrenty. the throw all this bull shit at u. the warrenty is only good if u bought them from a certified place and and had that place install them and all this good bullshit
Old 07-02-2004, 08:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hondaphile

hell I got them second hand.....so I'm not particularly worried about the warantee....lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in