Edelbrock Performer X Intake Manifold - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2004, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
D16y8

Default Edelbrock Performer X Intake Manifold

Here's my first post, hopefully it might be informative hehe:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...performer.html

About a 2 months ago, I purchased the Edelbrock Performer X manifold and had it installed with a friend about 3 weeks ago. Why I chose this over the Skunk2 is because I have heard so many complaints about fitment issues near the firewall, and the fact that I have never seen any dyno sheets from it.

1. The Performer X manifold does look similar to the Skunk 2 manifold as my friend brought his Skunk2 manifold to compare and contrast both manifolds. The throttle body sits at an angle as well, so if you have a cold air intake, you may have to fabricate it in order to make it fit, but no such problems with a short ram.

2. This manifold is intended to work on all 96-00 Civic EX's, but I am not sure on the D16z6. Edelbrock is in fact going to make a manifold for the D16z6 sometime this summer. The manifold comes with all necessary bolts and hoses, and an intake manifold gasket as well. Skunk2's didn't come with a gasket, instead you were forced to go to your Honda dealer and buy it as my friend have told me.

3. Installation was not all that bad, even though it took us the whole day. But thats because some bolts in the back of my OEM manifold were putting up a good fight and didn't want to come out. So we had to go to my friends house and get his jack, as well as go to Home Depot to purchase some Teflon tape needed for the installation. Also wasted quite a bit of time razoring off my original intake manifold gasket that we pulled. But overall, the installation went rather smooth.

4. Performance gains: This is no joke as I will tell you that the gains are noticeable from just adding this manifold with only basic bolt ons. Even my friend felt it hehe. I would guess maybe a 5whp gain. I only have a generic cold air intake, 4-2-1 header, and 2.25" w/ 2.25" testpipe as my only performance mods beforehand. The difference is there right above 5700 rpms. Also, it doesn't seem like I lost some of my low end either, in fact, the throttle response is a lot better than when I had my OEM intake manifold. All of this is coming from a 1999 Auto Civic EX, ya auto, bite me. But that will change this summer as I will do an auto to manual conversion and then boost by the end of the year. I don't know how well this manifold will do in a boosted D16, but my guess would be more gains as Edelbrock includes this manifold with their turbo kits. I'm very pleased with it and can't wait to see how it does when I boost my lil 1.6 this fall.

Edelbrock Performer X = 8/10
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

what did that manifold run ya?
gftgrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2004, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
D16y8

Oh, can't believe I forgot to mention that. I got it for $300 from a friend of mine who sells all kinds of performance parts. You can probably find it around that price, or perhaps even lower.

Old 05-20-2004, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

I recommend [email protected] for your best price (he beat 300 for me). In fact he can get good prices on all Edelbrock Parts... Fast shipping too, especially on in-stock items. He also drop ships from manufactureres, so you do not have to wait for him to get the item, and then for him to send it to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2004, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D16y8

Too late for me, but I've very pleased with the product. Definitely worth the $300 that I paid for.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
D16y8

You can view the pictures that my friend took over here: http://www.tiora.net/~civicryda2k/in...Fryaniminstall
Old 05-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Very nice, I got that IM too! Only mine was free... (well I paid for the turbo kit it came with so it wasn't really free, but you get the joke)

Check out my civic build here -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2004, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
exospeed*com

ya the edelbrock performer X is a good product. we have it in our Project CRX as well as our Y8 all motor Civic. good stuff.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
one of D-series.org's nicest rides

Rep Power: 17 turbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

suppose to be the best mani out there. I heard peeps gettin better dyno readings swappin from a skunk mani
Old 05-24-2004, 02:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I'll wait on Craigs/GITWIDITS review of the Z6 Edelbrock manifold.

Wait, did I just say Edelbrock Z6 manifold that has yet to be on the market????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1cam

does anyone have any reviews on the skunk2 mani?

1cam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2004, 03:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
D16y8

By the way, does anybody need an OEM D16y8 intake manifold, I got a spare one (duh!) off my car. Willing to let it go for $40 plus shipping for the bare manifold if anyone is interested. Its in very good condition and has about 54,xxx miles on it.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
SandmansCivic2k4

ya has any dyno'd the difference between a skunk2 and the edelbrock on a y8? i havet met anyone who has dyn'd either car with about the same mods
Old 10-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series child

Send a message via AIM to mugenej8power

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandmansCivic2k4
ya has any dyno'd the difference between a skunk2 and the edelbrock on a y8? i havet met anyone who has dyn'd either car with about the same mods

This thread may be ancient, but I too am interested in the differences.
mugenej8power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2004, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
pisetup

So this intake manifold will fit a JDM D15B?
Old 10-09-2004, 07:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

I love mine..would love it even more with some portwork done to my y8 head!
This is what its like installed:

Nice runners!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCP01657.JPG (360.3 KB, 2175 views)
File Type: jpg DCP01655.JPG (437.9 KB, 3763 views)
File Type: jpg DCP01658.JPG (418.2 KB, 4524 views)

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 12:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

why those that not fit D16Z6 ?!!?.. when peep are putting OEM y8 IM on D16Z6 !!?

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2004, 03:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

water ports, IAC issues.

Edelbrock wants a drop in setup. No custom brackets or sourcing other parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

well it is out now for the Z6 and im gonna buy one !

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2005, 05:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

back from the dead!

haha anywho.. i have it on an auto y8 and i noticed about the same gains...

im turbo now so i dont know what the diff would be with turbo since the im was already on... but supposedly it was made for turbo so should be better.

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in