Review: skunk2 short throw. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2004, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
NickW

Default Review: skunk2 short throw.

I just installed a skunk2 short throw shifter in my 96 EX and I love it!!!! I used stock bushings and they are alright, but compared to stock the throw is quite abit shorter while the actual height is about 1 inch shorther then the stock shifter. Install was easy, not as easy as I thought, but I could do another one in about an hour I believe now.

Big thumbs up from me on this shifter. I'll contiue to put Skunk2 products on my car.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2004, 08:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PRcivicHB

I got one as well... its okay, it does what it is suppose to... i also got the Skunk2 magnessium shift knob... bling bling....

I got it like two years ago, no problems, and i got a good package deal with polyurethane bushings and everything...

Free Tempo!!! 24 years is not fair!!!
PRcivicHB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2004, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
egOt

Yea I've had my skunk2 short shifter for about 8 months now and i love it. I didn't notice it sitting lower, i always thought it was pretty much the same height as stock.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
ImportsCRX

yea, i got it too, it does sit the same stock height as my stock shifter.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 kyle is learning the way of the Dkyle is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kyle

i used ot have one and then sold it to someoen for an ungodly amount of money because they were dumb. Now i have an ebay special shifter and it is shorter then the other one. Somehow i got lucky and i like it a lot better than the skunk 2
Old 06-03-2004, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 tank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

yeah i got one too, i'm kinda disapointed with it, yeah it throws a a little quicker, but it still sits high like the stock one. i'm thinkin bout selling it
tank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
NickW

Mine sits lower then stock??? Not a whole lot, I can tell just by looking at where the boot sits comapred to stock. do I wish it was lower, yes...but i'm happy with it.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 d16a6 power is learning the way of the Dd16a6 power is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickW
Mine sits lower then stock??? Not a whole lot, I can tell just by looking at where the boot sits comapred to stock. do I wish it was lower, yes...but i'm happy with it.
The Skunk 2 is very nice, i am very pleased with mine.Its a little heavier and sturdy.I got new bushings also and everything works well. The throw is definetely shorter. The fact of it being shorter while in the car has nothing to do with the throw so i think its fine.
d16a6 power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2004, 08:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 tank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to alltank is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

yeah, its a quicker throw, but it's not only that it's the feel of it to me, anyway i cut mine so it's lower and i LOVE it now...........i'm just silly like that nah mean?
tank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2004, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
delsolja

i have the dual bend one, and i love it... it feels alot more smoother than the POS $14 ebay ones, my friends have...
Old 06-30-2004, 05:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
jb2178

I was thinking about the skunk2 shifter this morning and I was thinking that if the shifter sat a lot lower than stock then wouldn't it take more time for your hand to reach the shifter from it's proper position on the steering wheel? sure it throws faster but if it sat real low then the benifit would be countered by the fact that it took longer for you to reach the shifter... I'm happy to know it doesn't sit real low.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
PooM

yeah but when yer racing (say 1/4 mile) ya dont take yer hand off the shifter a whole lot as you tend to go through the gears real quick, if ya know what I mean. Not got any money for these sort of upgrades at the moment tho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in