dc 4-2-1 header - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2004, 05:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

I just installed my dc 4-2-1 2-piece ceramic header (thanks fasteg) and ebay high flow cat. I installed a o2 simulator, and wrapped the header. I'm amazed at the power through 1st and 2nd. I haven't had a chance to test teh top end power yet. probably not until monday when it's supposed to stop raining.

the wrap STINKS. I hope that goes away soon. but it does keep down the temp under the hood. I let the car run for 10 minutes when I reset my ecu. and the fan came on once.

for the 75 bucks I paid for the header if give this product a 10/10.
gftgrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

where did you find a dc sports header for 75 bucks? was it used? also, what can you tell me about wrapping the headers? what do you use? I'll be getting the same setup as you, headers, o2 sim, hi-flow cat.
1BADDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2004, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all

I bought it off of here from fasteg. it was used. I wrapped it with header wrap made by DEI. it's a long and involved process. took me over an hour to finish wrapping it, just try to cover as much up as you can.

Old 05-03-2004, 05:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

only a hour??????

Almost 3 hours with DEI wrap, but my Stillen Header is "Still going" after 6 years.........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2004, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

yeah there are a couple spots that are wrapped. I couldn't wrap all of the upper half of the header. the pipes are almost touching, and there was no way to get the wrap between, so I just wrapped around everything.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
DseriesScience

I have had mine for about 4y now and can only say good things about them.
I hope that when you wraped them -I highly recomend thermotec- you used the stainless steel ties or hose clamps as anything else will be quickly consumed-including safety wire-
the stink will go away fairly soon until they get wet; when they get wet they will stink until they -the wraps- are dry. Did you pretreat them with the spray that TT recomends? it does change the cotton and the wrap will last longer and it is not affected by wetting later on.
I wraped mine by cutting a piece 4x the length of the primary. Then, I started by using a kitchen knife (bent) to wedge the wrap and the tie at the bottom. this tie doesnt hold much but is good to have while you work. it makes it easy to start over. then went to the head in 2 broad wraps and worked my way down until the knife would not work any more. I then wraped over all the primaries to the flange of the secondaries. there, I proceeded to double wrap the secondaries. I should point out that while this increases the pressure of the flow through the cat and activates it earlier, it may be costing a horse or two. from the collector to the cat I have chosen to leave unwraped as it is only a short distance and my car is quite low. However, I have observed a considerable increase in temperature of the exaust gasses at this point and an associated vmax increase at the tail pipe. Since the intent was to decrease underhood temp while increasing breathing on a normal sounding car that could run at max power air/fuel and still pass emissions testing the wraps have proven to be a winning idea. without any other mods, the car originally registered a gain of 7hp with the headers and an avg of 2 ft/lbs over the entire powerband. let me know how yours dynos out :P
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
YellowVtec

I just installed my DC sport 4-2-1 header I will be posting picks soon, but I didn't notice any improvments over my other header, which is a DC knock off. Yes this is seat of pants dyno but still I noticed big gains from the chip and even notice gains between different chips. Sure looks nice very clean lines on the inside, the gaskets are great!

MAJOR down fall with this header is that the ports are ALOT larger then stock and the stock gasket does not match up at all. IF you have a ported head and use I guess DC's exhaust gasket you will be fine. But there is a biff diff in port size, I have to check my picks again but I think it was 4mm in width diff. So MATCH porting is must if you want the header to work right. If not well the exhaust is going to loop around the after it exits the head and you will loose velocity.

Looks 10/10
HP 6/10 no diff over other no name header
overall 7/10 price is way to high for the Hp it makes

I paid 347$ CND for mine I got a discount on it.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
brent

Got mine used for 75 bucks also. Has a welded skid plate on the bottom. Works for now. But bisi will be the next header i get if i dont get the endyne modified kami header for a jackson. All depends...
Old 05-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
trigun7469

you have any pics of the finish product?
Old 05-19-2004, 05:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1593
gftgrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in