zex dry nitrous kit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2004, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
No more Honda's :-(

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to FMYStreetRacer

well so far so good. the bottles seem to last along time. the "tune up" specs that they give seem to be right on as well. good kit for the money.

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

03 Kawasaki KLX400R tagged

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FMYStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2004, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

i had one last year for around 20+ bottles.. it was great because my car is so damn slow without any type power adder. but i really dont think the "shots" were what they say they were.. the kit is easy to install and really is dumbass proof but if i had to do it over again i would have got a nitrous express kit.. those are the ones i saw real dyno sheets on. my 75 shot was only around 40whp. i was running rich and i have an automatic but i think it should have more power than that.. the 75 shot did add 60 foot pounds of torque for me which was nice i do have to admit.. if i ever do nitrous again it will be the nitrous express direct port with the 2 stages in one nozzle.. that would be kick ass... i did manage to spank a rsx while spraying that was cool that guy was pissed, he was tailgating me and shit revving his engine i took him to school. he had the base rsx not the type s the type s would have taken me im sure.. nitrous cars on the dyno sound kick ass dont you think?? one tip for you nitrous users get a header im sure it will help alot cause when you spray it throws out alot of exhaust gas so you need a header, im sure i would have done alot better on the dyno if i had a header..
konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxtscy is learning the way of the Dcrxtscy is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Bang for the buck! If I had a choice I'd do it all over again. Just keep your car tuned up real nice and read through ALL of the nitrous threads that are here, H-T, and elsewhere.
crxtscy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2004, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

damn, who helped on all those threads????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxtscy is learning the way of the Dcrxtscy is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

:P Yea.... who was that masked stranger
crxtscy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2004, 07:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
EGR

hey. the dry kit only activates at full throttle, right? let's say I don't want it for 1st and 2nd gear, can I only turn it on while I'm at full throttle on 3rd?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all

sure, when you shift to 3rd flip the switch on to :P

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

Old 05-04-2004, 05:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
EGR

so you mean flip it on when I'm off the gas, but not in the middle of full throttle.

thanx for the zex education
Old 05-04-2004, 06:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
censurebush

hey guys, while we're on the topic (and i don't mean to jack threads)...
i'm wondering how much you bought that zex dry n2O kit for because, i'll be ridding myself of an NX dry shot kit soon and would like to know about how much i should sell it for. i've owned it for about a year now and the bottle isn't pretty but the kit has held up fantastically!! if anyone is interested hit me back...

peace!!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I bought the ZEX kit after seeing the dyno graphs at a Memphis Dynojet. The same dynojet my D15B7 was strapped too.

Yes, at that time, Comp Cams had yet to release the "ZEX" name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2004, 04:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Got some PHAT ass?

Rep Power: 16 96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat96civicex smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 96civicex

Zex is a great bang for the buck.
'96 Civic EX
OBX short ram
"2.5 custom exhaust
75 shot Zex

17.8 before Zex
15.4 after Zex

And these times were at Bandamiere in Denver, Colorado
96civicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

well my buddy just stoped by my work tonight with his ls integra with allot of bolt ons. he started to tell me that i had better have my bottle filled for tomorrow night cause he was gonna wax my ass. i knew something was up cause i kill him on the juice. so on the way to my buddies work we got a light. i asked him if he wants me to run with the bottle off or on. he said he didn't care so on it went. he got me out of the hole by about a car and then i hit the juice. i pulled ahead of him and when i got to 3rd i looked back and noticed that he wasn't in my rear veiw, i looked over and he was about 2 cars back so i keep into the throttle. i ended up getting him by about 2-3 cars. we pulled up to the light and i asked him when he got the bottle and then he laughed and hit the purge. when we got t my friends work he told me what he had. it was a zex dry kit with a bottle heater, purge, remote opener, and he is running a 65 shot. keep in mind that i'm only running a 55 shot and i still got him by a couple cars. we will see tomorrow night when we both have full bottles. i will of course have to put my tires on.

Old 05-07-2004, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky

^^ hahah ... I wanna know what happens ... keep us updated
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2004, 07:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
EGR

yeah, keep us updated, man.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

well here's how it went. i put the drag radials on and was out to have some fun last night and i got it! first my buddy with the ls teg was talking this and that so i told him that when we left the car club that i would run him on the way to the other place that we meet up at. well when i went to turn out of the place that we were leaving i noticed that the turn lane to turn into the place's light was greeen and i had to make a right so the road was clear to run on. i make a fast right on the the road but the light turned green for the lanes to go straight so my buddy got cut off but there was a fast mustang with all kinds of work done to it that i guess everyone was saying is fast. he launched from the light to try and catch me. i let him pull next to me and i flipped the switch on. he nailed it and then i did and i walked him by about 3-4 cars. then after the guy got all pissed and tuned off i waited for my buddy in the teg to catch up. he did and we did a rolling run from 3rd. on the 3rd honk i was out in front by about a car and held it through the middle of 4th when he gained that car back and stayed right next to me. then we got a light and he said he didn't want to run me from a stop cause i had a tire on and he can't get 2nd gear. so we did a 2nd gear roll and he pulled by about a car but it was probly after the 1/4 mile.

then we turned around and went back to the meet spot and he took off to run a crx with a ls/vtec swap and the teg got him by a car. so i think it would be a good run for me and the crx. i know i can beat the teg (with a 65 shot) in the 1/4.

then we start to go out to the races and i pick a race with a nice mr2 turbo. i know he had nitrous to before but he swears he doesn't have it now and i didn't bother to look. i tried to run him from a rool but there was too much traffic. we got a light and he stole me out of the hole by about 2 cars and that's where we stayed.

all in all it was a good night and i was very impressed with how my car runs with a 55 shot. i am going to try and make this the last bottle that i run through the car. i hope to have all the stuff i need for the turbo kit in 2 weeks and have it on. i know i won't be as fast but it will be there all the time.

forgot to add. rumor last was that the guy with the mr2 has a brother that runs a 13.7 and the mr2 walks all over him. so i know i must be running atleast a 13.7 but i'd have to say i'm a bit faster than that.

Old 05-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

nice kills must have sucked for the guy in the mustang...
BseriesKllR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2004, 11:52 AM   #17 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky

gay mustangs ... now go race the CRX when u get boost
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2004, 12:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 10 reviews

i don't like the zex kit after seeing my friend's car spin in one place all the way through first and some of second. i had a nos kit with a snap action switch. much better at the track. roll out and nail it.
dragman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2004, 04:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman99
i don't like the zex kit after seeing my friend's car spin in one place all the way through first and some of second. i had a nos kit with a snap action switch. much better at the track. roll out and nail it.
not my fault your boy doesn't know how to drive.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
EGR

sweeet. you forgot to add the disclaimer, FMIDRC, that you know street racing is illegal and all events mentioned are ficticious. wink wink
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in