Eibach pro-kit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2004, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

I got the pro-kit and am not happy. First the springs dropped the car like 3 inches which is twice the advertised amount. I am having wheel fender clearance issues on hard turns. Its quite annoying. Also it seems like the car keeps getting lower, and I have only had them for 2 months or so. Also keep in mind that eibach says the springs wont settle. When I have 4 people riding with me it practally bottoms out on everything. This is with 205/45/16 wheels! I called Eibach and they said they might be defective, ya no shit! Of course they wont reimburse me for the labor those prick bastards. I am thinking of just swapping back the stock springs and returning the eibachs'. I upgraded my suspention so I could drive hard, not worry about every little pothole, bump and turn. RPM NYC did the instillation and they said the pro kit lowers the least out of all the other springs out there, in my case it seems to be total BS.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2004, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

sure you got the right springs?????

sure the shop installed TRUE Eibachs and not some cheapos????

The Eibach pros I have on my car, I'm the third owner and the springs have seen 175,000+ miles, never changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2004, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

you sure that they were not put on backwards. The fronts and rears look very similar.

Anyways, I posted a comparison of the H&R sports & Eibach pro-kits in the suspension forum. I wasn't completely satisfied with the pro-kits, but I didn't hardly have the issues that you describe. IMO, they had the perfect drop, but just didn't handle the way that I wanted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2004, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Ya, I took them out of the box myself. They're the real deal. The sportlines are red. I read your thread, but after I got the springs. Good tread BTW. I think I need coilovers, but I just got brand new shocks, so I gotta sell them or just wait for them to go. I got the work done at RPM NYC (found them on hondata's website). They know what they are doing, and only work on Hondas.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
EGR

my car's got the pro-kit. so far no signs of over-dropping....
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in