B&M FPR - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 BseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to allBseriesKllR is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

This product is so far so good and the best FPR for the money it is very easy to install and i recomend it to those that need it. The purpose i got it was 1. for the nitrous ill be getting and im using a non vtec ecu and am using the extra fuel for the vtec if that makes any sense.
BseriesKllR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2004, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
HatchDX-SI

I have one of these too on my d16z6 swap, it works good so far - a fuel pressure gauge of some sort is recommended too.

Four months and 4500 miles later it`s still working good.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2004, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

just dont use it with a bigger fuel pump like the walbro 255lph.. you will never get it below 45- 50 psi on idle .. i hated it, i guess it will work fine on the stock pump cause it does not flow that much
konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2004, 07:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i hated my B&M hacksaw special....its stupid to buy,and the money you save will be made up in the end when you have to go and buy a oem one for 90 bucks.....oh and with an upgraded fuel pump it wont work.
Toddnos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
the hard-parker

Rep Power: 26 Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sonny7730 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

any suggestions on what to use with an upgraded fuel pump?just use fuel management?

1998 honda civic ex coupe
1998 jeep cherokee sport 4x4
2004 subaru impreza wrx wagon
2002 honda accord v6 coupe
Sonny7730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

i use an aem fpr....holley has a nice one as well.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
fake mugen power

aem fpr does it for my d16y7
Old 05-08-2004, 12:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
DOG
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 DOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatnessDOG is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DOG

So basically what your saying is that a B&M adj fpr is a band-aid until you get a larger fuel pump and a better adj fpr that will handle the added fuel?
DOG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2004, 04:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
No more Honda's :-(

Rep Power: 18 FMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to allFMYStreetRacer is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to FMYStreetRacer

i like my b&m fpr and gauge so far. and i keep my fuel pressure at 53 with no vaccum hooked up. so i guess that getting a bigger pump won't matter too much huh?

83 RX-7 Wide Body, 4-port 13B street-ported, Cartech turbo system with blow through carbs

03 Kawasaki KLX400R tagged

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FMYStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2004, 07:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

once i got a bigger pump, my b&m took a dump...couldnt tune FP down below like 60 psi....
Old 05-11-2004, 09:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ikillyoutillyoudiefromit

Rep Power: 17 cation is a name known to allcation is a name known to allcation is a name known to allcation is a name known to allcation is a name known to allcation is a name known to allcation is a name known to allcation is a name known to allcation is a name known to allcation is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddnos
once i got a bigger pump, my b&m took a dump...couldnt tune FP down below like 60 psi....
I had the same exact problem with mine!

Pieces of shit if you ask me.

Shit I could go down to the machine shop and make one out of a hunk of aluminum for $5 and sell em for $50. What a joke!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2004, 06:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
one of D-series.org's nicest rides

Rep Power: 17 turbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagleturbo95eg6 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I got one, Ive been happy with them
Old 04-24-2005, 10:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
I kiss little boys

http://theoldone.com/articles/regulator/here the fix for your b&m fpr's
rextec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
I kiss little boys

here is the answer to your problems with the B&M.

http://theoldone.com/articles/regulator/
rextec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2005, 07:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

I got a Weapon-R FPR and I am luvin it!!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2005, 08:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextec
here is the answer to your problems with the B&M.

http://theoldone.com/articles/regulator/

Excellent find.
Yeah, it's bootleg... but that's what budget builds are all about! If it works it works and a modified B&M comes out about ~$125 cheaper than the AEM unit!

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 11:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

B&M's like to stiock open, bypass all the fuel back to the tank.

Car looses 75% of power and you smell fuel in the car!!!!!!

So I installed my Aeromotive ($180) and no more problems.

Anyone wanna buy a B&M FPR with the TOO mod??? CHEAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddnos
i hated my B&M hacksaw special....its stupid to buy,and the money you save will be made up in the end when you have to go and buy a oem one for 90 bucks.....oh and with an upgraded fuel pump it wont work.
I personally know 3 different people who are tuned with Hondata running B&M FPR's, Walbro fuel pumps, and RC engineering injectors... All 3 have been running with out a hitch for over a year now, and all three are making around 200 whp NA (B-Series).

I also know many other people running B&M's who have had no problems. I just didn't use them as an example, as they are running a stock fuel pump.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex
B&M's like to stiock open, bypass all the fuel back to the tank.

So I installed my Aeromotive ($180) and no more problems.

Anyone wanna buy a B&M FPR with the TOO mod??? CHEAP!
I got medium N/A setup, and my B&M works like it should. I run 41 psi and no trouble. Tell why you said:

If you don't connect your return line, I believe you.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2005, 06:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 boostREX is learning the way of the DboostREX is learning the way of the D

Having a 255 walbro is gonna make your fuel PSI higher no matter what FPR you get.

Especially the 255 HP ones.

Last edited by boostREX; 05-04-2005 at 07:01 PM.
boostREX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in