Rocket Motorsports = Crap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Product Reviews

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Rocket Motorsports = Crap

Long story .... short version :
car engine: D15 Mini
cam : st7 RM
valve springs: RM crap
After 100 miles with new cam and valve spring, the car stop make power after 7600 RPM . Engine start to vibrates and make strange noise. After We change ton of parts and spend ton of money in the end to find the problem is Valve Springs . And this is not on one set , noooo this happen on one more car whit the same setup.
After We contact with RM , Hi do nothing !!!! Yep ... just nothing ....
If U think to use RM products - I do not recommend you ! Zero quality and zero support!

Thank you RM!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dino.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	124677   Click image for larger version

Name:	roket motors springs.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	124679  
teror1sta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

I don't really know how to read the dyno graph, but could the double-dip at the end be valve bounce?

Also, I'm surprised that 55 bhp is lost between the bhp and whp. I guess this depends on how the dyno is set up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

More details needed before you bash a company with your first post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

What exactly is wrong with the springs?

How did you determine that the springs were the cause of the issues you were experiencing?

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2018, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Is the spring image you have showing that the valve springs have sagged? I see that they're different heights.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
Is the spring image you have showing that the valve springs have sagged? I see that they're different heights.
One man to know what to watch .

This is one EX and one IN sping . If compare with not used it will be worse.
Springs is not ONLY sagged . Spring rate is so different on IN springs , u don't need to measured . I can catch the difference only with hand push.... so obvious !

Now put BC spring and everything is OK. After few days I will post dyno with new springs .
Old 05-14-2018, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

So you contact the company, and they didn't respond?

Old 05-15-2018, 07:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Yep, didn't do anything ! Hе said " Springs can sag a little " phahaha And if this is a men who have technical knowledge , I am a quantum physicist ...

When we exclude the different spring rate ( wtf different spring rate ... no need to comment) 1mm sag on spring leads to 60NM (if spring rate is 6kg/mm2) LESS preload in static position. And u have less this force number in the entire stroke of the valve.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
So you contact the company, and they didn't respond?
After all the hoopla on the Facebook group, I doubt Rocket will respond to much. He seems to be catching some flack as of late.

Sorry that I don't have much to contribute to the thread but Bone made a good point. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with RM. I've heard nothing but good things about him in the past. I wonder what happened.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2018, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Revving it to 9000 rpm might be the problem with a .500" lift cam.

ZXi 4.437 FD, ZC 1-4, .702 5th, OBX LSD....

I just wonder what he did to the D15B2 pistons for valve clearance, or were different pistons used?

Google is a funny thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

transzex , I do not know why you think the car is this one ... you described my everyday car . But FD is 4.9 .
The car with the shity springs ( to be accurate 2 cars) is a race car. And 10x to RM half a year we didn't race . We just spent tone of money to find what is the problem....
Old 05-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

your first post says you threw a ton of parts/money to find the problem. Seems like it would be obvious to start with the recently replaced parts before getting your wallet out.

Valvesprings do sag a bit, and they certainly have a certain rev range they are designed for based on teh cam profile.

Can you provide more information on parts used and how you put things together?

rocket motorsports has pretty large customer base, and its not just for the parts alone.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Because the springs was the last thing we expected. Everything was brand new!!! RM guarantees that the springs are high quality, well-processed and will not have problems for the purpose..... yep .... no problem ....
We paid for 3sets of quality springs , and received 3 plastic bags with dog shits inside.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Find the differences ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dyno BC.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	124699  
Old 05-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

That dyno graph doesnt indicate anything that I can find. Looks like a single dyno run with 2 extra power curves drawn on.

I could pull two plug wires off my accord and run the bottom curve lol

What are these curves showing us?

Looks like all show healthy 8k rpm stability

Build what you have!

Old 05-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
That dyno graph doesnt indicate anything that I can find. Looks like a single dyno run with 2 extra power curves drawn on.

I could pull two plug wires off my accord and run the bottom curve lol

What are these curves showing us?

Looks like all show healthy 8k rpm stability
I think that graph is what the initial dyno run was like before the springs sagged and now there's a power problem at the top end. If you compare it to the dyno graph in the first post you can see theres now a problem at the top end.

Last edited by EFB055; 05-20-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

in the first post, I see 7k rpms, dipps down, then climbs back to 8k rpm

this second graph shows a steady climb to 8k, then trails off.

Maybe spring shims are in order.

Be sure to measure the spring compressed to prevent coil bind, as that is a great way to make a valve turn into a pretzel or wipe a cam lobe

Build what you have!

Old 05-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
in the first post, I see 7k rpms, dipps down, then climbs back to 8k rpm

this second graph shows a steady climb to 8k, then trails off.

Maybe spring shims are in order.

Be sure to measure the spring compressed to prevent coil bind, as that is a great way to make a valve turn into a pretzel or wipe a cam lobe
Would you waste your time shimming a spring that has visibly sagged over only 100miles? What would it look like after 1000 miles?

Old 05-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

EFB055, springs is not only sagged . Yesterday I talked with the other person with 2nd RM set. They measured the spring rate of some springs. There was a differences of 3 kg/mm2 ...... His car is not more than a 20-30 miles.
You are a technical person, and probably You know even if spring is sagged , the rate must be the same. The different rate can only be due to poor quality material.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

poor material, bad batch, overheated treatment.

Either way, 3 sets not meeting a standard needxs attention from rocket.

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in